Planetside 2 is a major disappointment - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where implants aren't Plastic.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-10-16, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 is a major disappointment

They really need to find a vbulletin "auto ban retards" mod.

I don't know if its because people are used to being handed everything in betas nowadays with the "beta when you buy it" and the game is already completed....or if people just don't understand how betas work.

There are so many things not implemented in this game how can you POSSIBLY tell if its bad or not...
Watch as I play various FPS titles every night from 9-12 EST
Old 2012-10-16, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by bodypopper View Post
shame you didnt become and engineer mate,you'd do well..lego is a great learning tool.

losing your childhood is a definite,failure isnt.thats whats life is all about,progressing,not being a kid forever.

bit like ps1>ps2...
your posts are bad, and you should feel bad.
Old 2012-10-16, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
bodypopper
Corporal

explain why
Old 2012-10-16, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm going to go with "because you wrote this":

thats whats life is all about,progressing,not being a kid forever.

... followed immediately by this:

bit like ps1>ps2...

And for the record, I did become an engineer, did do rather well, and now have the luxury of not caring what anyone thinks about my toys, plastic, V8, or otherwise.
Old 2012-10-16, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by Valcron View Post
Planetside 2 is one of the greatest gaming disappointments I have ever personally experienced. I equate this to Star Wars Episode 1, they should just added Jar Jar binks into the game to put the icing on the cake.

The stripping of classes, no inventory system, poor mindless base designs and battle flow have seriously turned this into a Battlefieldesque type of franchise.

As of right now- when I log into I can't even play more than 5 minutes without being bored to tears. This just isn't the Planetside game I or lots of other people envisioned.
Dude give it time, and not to metion its free to play. This game has got a while before release, right now SOE is just trying new ways of capturing bases, gaining resources and just finding a way to give users an overall way of having fun, whether its solo with the zerg or in an outfit. I mean right now there are things that me and my outfit dont like, but we all have thursday game nights, this is after the big patch and after they have changed the game machenics a little. This way we dont burn our selfs out, and forget that this is just the beta. My self personally i will be paying the monthly subscription, I think this is probably the best way to enjoy the game. I figure when I have unlocked the last item and gained the last cert, Ill just stop paying and ride out the free to play aspect. Just try this instead of playing everynight, just play once or twice a week. One thing I dont want to do is lvl my charactor up just to get him wiped, and during beta its going to happen alot. Just have fun send up bug reports and get a feel for the game.
Old 2012-10-16, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
bodypopper
Corporal

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I'm going to go with "because you wrote this":

thats whats life is all about,progressing,not being a kid forever.

... followed immediately by this:

bit like ps1>ps2...

And for the record, I did become an engineer, did do rather well, and now have the luxury of not caring what anyone thinks about my toys, plastic, V8, or otherwise.
so whats youre field?

Last edited by bodypopper; 2012-10-16 at 12:44 PM.
Old 2012-10-16, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Sound tactics are sound. You're not going to find "take ground and then allow the enemy to regroup" in most field manuals.
lol... no, I suppose that's true!

The issue I was addressing, I suppose, was that bases flip so quickly and easily that a squad of defenders has no hope of defending against a platoon of attackers long enough for reinforcements to arrive. As a result, one platoon can steamroll the map so quickly that random defenders don't have a chance against them anywhere on the front lines. This doesn't happen everywhere or all the time, but at the same time, it's not all that easy for a person to look at the map and say, "OK... I think I'll go defend this outpost for an hour" and then have much success actually doing that.

Honestly, this is one of reasons why I think the adjacency system is flawed: it actively prevents people from playing the game in an emergent manner. I think that outposts should require 3 people standing at the point to flip the point and we should be able to take any hex on the map we like. Some will say, "but that spreads forces too thin" and to that I reply, "So? It also gives people who like smaller fights a reason to play (and enjoy) the game".
Old 2012-10-16, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
lol... no, I suppose that's true!

The issue I was addressing, I suppose, was that bases flip so quickly and easily that a squad of defenders has no hope of defending against a platoon of attackers long enough for reinforcements to arrive.
Its beta. Its absolutely amazing how many people fail to see this. There are no lockout timers because they are still testing serious issues. This isn't a FINAL PRODUCT. They are obviously put lockout timers in at some point in the near future.

Then people will be forced to move on and fight
Old 2012-10-16, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Levente
First Sergeant

ps2 is awesome /thread
Old 2012-10-16, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
bodypopper
Corporal

what the hell are you talking about?
Old 2012-10-16, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
bodypopper
Corporal

levante=shill....

go away
Old 2012-10-16, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

BIGSNIP
I think that may all be true, but I think it may also be embodied in the general preference for attack vs. defense - nothing gets garrisoned after capture, and you only spawn off the front lines if you need to bring up a vehicle or you get forced out. I don't expect anything different, really - it's difficult to expect a large group of people to hang out and do nothing on the off chance a push comes through. I don't have a good mechanical answer for that.
Old 2012-10-16, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by FortySe7en View Post
Its beta. Its absolutely amazing how many people fail to see this. There are no lockout timers because they are still testing serious issues. This isn't a FINAL PRODUCT. They are obviously put lockout timers in at some point in the near future.

Then people will be forced to move on and fight
Sorry to disappoint you, but Higby referred to lock out timers (right here on this forum) as "ham fisted" when he stated that they have no intentions of using them in the capture mechanics.

You folks who assume people don't realize this is a beta are getting really tiresome. This is a beta, guy, so we like, talk about shit and junk. If that's not cool with you, then maybe betas aren't for you, eh.
Old 2012-10-16, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Sorry to disappoint you, but Higby referred to lock out timers (right here on this forum) as "ham fisted" when he stated that they have no intentions of using them in the capture mechanics.

You folks who assume people don't realize this is a beta are getting really tiresome. This is a beta, guy, so we like, talk about shit and junk. If that's not cool with you, then maybe betas aren't for you, eh.
Sorry, but I was in the 12v12 match talking directly to the developers about up-coming things such as auto-drive, auto-run, lockout-timers, removing auraxium, and flagging for private servers.

If you have a problem with people having more knowledge than you and trying to share it, then maybe these forums aren't for you.

That is all I'm going to say about this. Its beta. Wait until we are closer to launch, and then see where we are at.

Last edited by FortySe7en; 2012-10-16 at 01:03 PM.
Old 2012-10-16, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by FortySe7en View Post
Sorry, but I was in the 12v12 match talking directly to the developers about up-coming things such as auto-drive, auto-run, lockout-timers, removing auraxium, and flagging for private servers.

If you have a problem with people having more knowledge than you and trying to share it, then maybe these forums aren't for you.

That is all I'm going to say about this. Its beta. Wait until we are closer to launch, and then see where we are at.
Wow, a forum e-peen. What will the kids think of next!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion