Trayvon Martin - Page 27 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The reason "F5" is permanently imprinted on my index finger.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-13, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #391
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
Tom are you reading Warborns posts? Warborn is practically saying one of the main reasons the south fought the war was to preserve slavery, which your blasting sheppy for saying that same exact thing.

Also yes, Lincoln was a racist, he only wanted to free the slaves because they were taking white peoples jobs.
Yes I read them.

I blasted Sheppy for his diatribe of "North Good, South Bad"

It's completely horseshit.

Kinda like saying the entire german army during WWII was evil. No one in their right minds believes that.

If you truly believe that the confederate flag stands for slavery and the south was somehow evil and rotten you're sadly fucking mistaken.

As Warborn has been saying, the primary reason for the Civil War was not over slavery, as the union could care less about slaves in general...it was a secondary issue. What they cared about at the end of the day was secession...and yes it was about money as well.

Last edited by WildGunsTomcat; 2012-04-13 at 08:32 PM.
Old 2012-04-13, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #392
Figment
Lieutenant General

Actually I just posted that flag to indicate I did not see Malorn as someone who thinks of Americans as one people. Ie posting the Union flag.

Otherwise he would not be so uptight about state rights. It was merely meant in an ironic way.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-04-13 at 08:40 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-13, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #393
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:32 AM.
Old 2012-04-13, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #394
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The Civil War was inevitable, slavery or not. The fabric of the cloth being woven would have had to be tested at some point.

What would be interesting is if Texas decided it had enough of this social progressiveness from both parties and decided to leave the Union.

Won't happen, well not without a major paradigm shift anyway.

But as far as theoreticals go, secession of a state is still a good one for discussion.

Old 2012-04-13, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #395
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Exactly.

And I find a great disparity constantly between what they teach up North to what ACTUALLY happened.

For people in the North (Especially New England) it's pretty much as Sheppy said "The should was evil and bad and wanted slaves, and the north were good guys."

Pfft. Lincoln didn't give a shit about slaves...neither did the Union Army. Get that bullshit out of your head right now, uneducated fucks.

Plus, the Union Army committed so many atrocities against the southern population it was unbelievable. They burned houses, killed women and children....they were savages.

But according to people like Sheppy the south was "evil"......please get the fuck out of my face with that false bullshit.

Seriously.

((Also thanks Warborn, I'm going to pick that book up.))
What do you call people who at least passively accept, if not actively endorse slavery? I go with evil.
Old 2012-04-13, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #396
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by TheSHiFT View Post
What do you call people who at least passively accept, if not actively endorse slavery? I go with evil.
That is a retarded stance to take. The entire world was practicing slavery up until the 19th century. You can call it evil all you want, but morality is relative.

Slavery still exists today and it is reprehensible, certainly. In today's time, endorsing slavery could be considered evil, but yesterday? Not so much.

Old 2012-04-13, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #397
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
That is a retarded stance to take. The entire world was practicing slavery up until the 19th century. You can call it evil all you want, but morality is relative.

Slavery still exists today and it is reprehensible, certainly. In today's time, endorsing slavery could be considered evil, but yesterday? Not so much.
No it was not.

Additionally, I find it ridiculous that people can complain about the 'tyrannical' government of the north, when the south had slaves.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-14, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #398
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:31 AM.
Old 2012-04-14, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #399
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
You can call it evil all you want, but morality is relative.
The abolitionist movement that wanted to free slaves and saw slavery as wrong was active in the US. Many other nations had abandoned slavery as an immoral practice many years prior to the US civil war. These were not people living in a world where slavery was a thing everyone did and nobody could conceive of a different way. There were states in their own nation which did not abide the practice of slavery, and the entirety of Europe had abolished slavery by the 1860s.

It was evil. The men who practiced it were evil. It wasn't just how the world worked -- the Southern US was one of the few remaining bastions of nationally accepted slavery left in the world.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-14, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #400
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:31 AM.
Old 2012-04-14, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #401
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Yes of course you're right Figment, I don't believe in a unified American - that's why I post American flags with 50 stars on them.

Like freedom, individualism, and capitalism, the idea of small government must be truly alien to you.
rofl. You sir, are hereby officially declared an idiot. You don't comprehend the point I was making quite sarcastically at all.

You waving an American flag while being so hot on state rights is like a european nationalist waving an European Union flag. I don't think you'd understand that either though, since you're all about misrepresenting opinions and trolling, rather than sensible debate.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-04-14 at 05:08 AM.
Old 2012-04-14, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #402
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Mass media has taken a simple town shooting into a Worldwide eye sore, that simply makes me a angry bro that people are dumb enough to even care about this.One side you have Al Sharpton who is the biggest racist pig in America trying to say its white on black crime, The boys own family putting a Tm on his name so they can make a buc on it and then the other side a neighborhood watch wanna be cop with a gun. I work EMS in one of the most dangerous cities in the world and see this all the time, Why do we not see there stories in the news? Imo this kid was a thug looking to break into someones house that was shot by a racist wanna be cop who power tripped, no one is innocent here and it's shame we gotta see this every day on the news when we have more important information that needs to be seen. When I heard let's hear what snooki has to say about it thats when I turn off the tv Mass media has turned into opinions instead of facts,bend and tampering the truth.
Old 2012-04-14, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #403
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
The abolitionist movement was driven by people who had no need of slaves. Northern factory owners and workers. Easy for them to support a cause that has no impact to their livelihood or economy.
It's probably true that there weren't a lot of people who ran slave-staffed plantations actively participating in the abolitionist movement. This has nothing to do with the point I was making, though. What I said in those fairly brief paragraphs is that moral relativism doesn't stand when half the country doesn't endorse slavery, a percentage is actively fighting it, and the rest of the civilized world had long-since abandoned slavery as immoral. Southern slave owners lived in one of the few remaining places in the world where a nation still actively participated in slavery, and it's fair to call them immoral for doing so.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-14 at 01:19 PM.
Old 2012-04-14, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #404
Vecha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by bigcracker View Post
Mass media has taken a simple town shooting into a Worldwide eye sore, that simply makes me a angry bro that people are dumb enough to even care about this.One side you have Al Sharpton who is the biggest racist pig in America trying to say its white on black crime, The boys own family putting a Tm on his name so they can make a buc on it and then the other side a neighborhood watch wanna be cop with a gun. I work EMS in one of the most dangerous cities in the world and see this all the time, Why do we not see there stories in the news? Imo this kid was a thug looking to break into someones house that was shot by a racist wanna be cop who power tripped, no one is innocent here and it's shame we gotta see this every day on the news when we have more important information that needs to be seen. When I heard let's hear what snooki has to say about it thats when I turn off the tv Mass media has turned into opinions instead of facts,bend and tampering the truth.
I agree with most of what you said...watching the new just infuriates me.
Old 2012-04-14, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #405
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by bigcracker View Post
To put another view on a few things in your post,

People are dumb enough not to care about ALL the killings.
The family put a trademark on his name to stop unscrupulous companies making a buck off of their dead child. Kind of like the princess diana dolls an american company made without paying a single penny to the family, or its charities.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum