Old Oshur - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are you dead yet?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-11-06, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zulthus
Colonel

Old Oshur

http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...td.php?id=2000

I saw this a few minutes ago and it made me think. If it was able to be activated for an event, wouldn't it be pretty easy to permanently put it back? That'd be amazing. Virrago would be the one to ask, no?
Old 2011-11-06, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Old Oshur

I doubt they will do anything in old PS at this point, all their manpower is likely focused on PS2.

It would be cool though.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-11-07, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
L4G
Corporal

Bringing back old oshur would be a great move!

I've only played it during Outfit Wars but it would move the battles from home conts for at least a week ... are you reading this Devs ... delay the VS picture releases and open Old Oshur
Old 2011-11-07, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Much <3 for Oshur. Two other Dragonwolves and myself shut the lights out on Oshur and kept the VS in stiches for about 30 minutes in old school Planetside, this during prime time.

TerribleIvan
KaozReign
Sentrosi

The ORIGINAL SOAR Team members.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2011-11-07, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

I liked oshur more than ish, same reason i like esamir over cery. The terrain was smooth rolling hills instead of sheer cliffs and chasms you couldnt cross. So the vehicle fights were much more fun, and it was more fun to drive on. Would love to see it return.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2011-11-07, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Oshur bird skeleton was my favourite location in the game.
Old 2011-11-07, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zulthus
Colonel

See, I haven't a clue what that is. People talk about it alot. Unfortunately I never did get to spend more than maybe 5 minutes on Old Oshur from an event, since I started playing in late 07. From the videos I've seen it looks like an awesome continent.
Old 2011-12-23, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ubermenchen
Private

I would love to see this as a weekend event instead of all vehicles.
Old 2011-12-23, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SgtMAD
Captain

Oshur was dead on Markov,the VS never bothered to defend it so we quit hacking it,you can only ghost a cont so many times before you just get tired of it.

the problem was that when they blew up Oshur,they did crap like create a great tank battle field on Deso and then BANNED tanks,it wasn't well thought out and sure didn't help retain the playerbase.

Last edited by SgtMAD; 2011-12-25 at 10:28 AM.
Old 2011-12-25, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...td.php?id=2000

I saw this a few minutes ago and it made me think. If it was able to be activated for an event, wouldn't it be pretty easy to permanently put it back? That'd be amazing. Virrago would be the one to ask, no?
The problem is that it's not part of the lattice network. I'm not sure if you can HART or IA to it either if it's active. I think you need a GM to physically place your character there.

Don't worry tho, you're not missing too much. Take Ish, make it a lot smaller so bases are really close together, make a semi-smooth central area which is decent for tank battles but make it really jagged around some of the outer bases coupled with thick groves of ish-style dead palm trees that are a pain for ground vehicles to get around in.

So yeah, it's basically a smaller, less interesting Ish. I know there are many people that like it, and given a choice I'd take it over the Battle Isles, but there's good reason why it was voted off of Auraxis when the devs asked us which cont would be replaced by the BI's.
Old 2011-12-25, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Traak
Colonel

Actually, come to think of it, that DOES bring back memories. Of running around Old Oshur, as a cloaker, and not being betrayed by some FooYongCN in your platoon to his circlejerk buddies in Beijing, who now swoop on you seconds after their spy joins your squad.

I remember PS being LOADED with players, and being able to run around as a cloaker, and actually be CLOAKED. It is a lie that I hear a lot "Oh, yes, you get seen because video cards show you so easily. No. They had video cards in 2003, and I wasn't found, ever, except on the ultra-rare occasion when I sat still for fifteen minutes and someone used a reveal.

The game was far better then, not just because you could enjoy the wide open spaces without some CN triple-account triple-empire cheating scum swooping on you even if you were running around, or just walking around, cloaked with SS on, so you could not possibly have been found on reveal.

Reveal doesn't show someone from 2000m away where you are at this exact second.

I hope they fix that in PS2.

I would like to see any squad member who wants to join my squad, and see if any of the two other empires had anyone with the same IP address. If they do, then, nope. Go homo yourself out in someone else's squad.

It's funny, in real life, guys won't even look at me, much less at my girl, when I walk by them. In PS? LOL, the weak and immoral are the kings, and the people who don't cheat are the prey. Sad.

But, I guess little twits have to feel like the big man somewhere. God knows they don't around me in the real world. So being in an environment where weak, pathetic, scum reigns supreme through cheating is really an ongoing culture shock.

But, the gaming world, like Hollywood, isn't really dominated by people who would have much of a chance of winning a fight in the real world, so it makes sense to cater to them.

Last edited by Traak; 2011-12-25 at 01:24 AM.
Old 2011-12-25, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

It's only a continent.... I've never once "missed" old oshur, I just didn't like what they did with it.
Old 2011-12-25, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
LONGFELLA KOJ
Corporal

The islands sure do look cool though. They just needed to change the rules up once they realized how the playerbase was responding to them
Old 2011-12-26, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
It's only a continent.... I've never once "missed" old oshur, I just didn't like what they did with it.
Agreed. I turned insignificant when I went there because none of my loadouts were compatable

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2011-12-27, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
GTGD
First Sergeant

I'd love to see old Oshur back the last month or so of PS.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion