Gameplay: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sex is not dirty, unless that is, its done right.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.93 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-06-15, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux

Haha...

Sadly no, these are supposed to be water based ship concepts adapted for permanent flight. If it capsized... that would be bad. Not to mention a barrel roll would allow the Primary Weapons to fire at ground targets.
Old 2012-06-15, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Haha...

Sadly no, these are supposed to be water based ship concepts adapted for permanent flight. If it capsized... that would be bad. Not to mention a barrel roll would allow the Primary Weapons to fire at ground targets.
I disagree, they should DEFINITELY be able to barrel roll.... but generally that only occurs after the engines have been blown out and it is spiraling down to the ground.. thus.. barrel roll.

If you see one do a barrel roll, run... run will all your might with those tiny little legs of yours.
Old 2012-06-15, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Usain Bolt eat your heart out.
BTW is running speed a cert skill?
Old 2012-06-15, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
I disagree, they should DEFINITELY be able to barrel roll.... but generally that only occurs after the engines have been blown out and it is spiraling down to the ground.. thus.. barrel roll.

If you see one do a barrel roll, run... run will all your might with those tiny little legs of yours.
You got me there... but not just any roll... the SSD Executor's death roll.
Old 2012-06-16, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Talking Re: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux

my drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens. Tengen toppa gurren lagann
Old 2012-06-16, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Vyynn
Private

I could do this if it was it's own zone, the aforementioned 'space race' thing. Maybe winning space battles could give you some advantages on the ground, maybe allow you to bring a single cruiser in atmosphere. it would only give you an advantage in air battles, and the other two factions would probably gang up pretty quick and take your ship down.
Old 2012-06-17, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Runlikethewind
Private

Although you've designed the OAC in such a way that they cannot engage with the battle on the ground with their weapons, what stops squads from standing on the balcony shooting down or dropping C4 or grenades or things of that nature? I could see a bunch of engineers setting up turrets all along the balcony to fire on ground targets or something. So how would stop that kind of thing from happening?

Great idea over all, kudos.
Old 2012-06-17, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
ThrallsBalls
Private

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this as of yet, there are a lot of posts and couldn't get through them all. But what if there were capture-able fortifications on the grounds that could target enemy cruisers. This whole thing reminds me of Battlefield 2142 and Titan mode, so that's what i mean by ground-based fortifications, missile silos.
The biggest flaw that is obvious is that there might not just be one other cruiser to worry about around a base, and they might not all be from a different faction, so some sort of targeting system would have to be created and a system to devise who would actually get control of which cruisers (I REALLY keep wanting to Titans instead of cruisers) are targeted
And I think a degree of automated, upgrade-able (faster tracking, maybe allow for shooting down incoming missiles, but not from the silos), anti-air would be a good thing, because if your over a base you presumably would want to drop down and help take it over, leaving your cruiser undefended.
Last thing, another throwback to 2142, let sunderers or a new vehicle launch pods to get up to cruisers so you don't have to get there by air, and to keep them from just using it against bases, make them go reeeaaaalll high and if they fall all the way back to the ground they die...so don't miss
Old 2012-06-17, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
ThrallsBalls
Private

Damn, forgot one more thing: Instead of using resources that everyone has contributed to, what about spending Certs, they're supposed to be earned fairly frequently and I believe there's already a feature that will allow members of an outfit to spend certs on it, so why not use that for the cruisers as well. This adds another trade off to having a cruiser, you won't be able to "sidegrade" your own stuff as fast if you're constantly contributing to the cruiser's upgrades and maintenance.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

I like the idea of an outfit base, however I don't believe it should be an airship, especially one with that amount of power.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Tikuto
Major

Thumbs up FOCK YEAAARGH!

Originally Posted by thegreekboy View Post
I like the idea of an outfit base, however I don't believe it should be an airship, especially one with that amount of power.
This is the future. PlanetSide's fictional history has floaty ships so lets bring them into the war!

Old 2012-06-17, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Runlikethewind View Post
Although you've designed the OAC in such a way that they cannot engage with the battle on the ground with their weapons, what stops squads from standing on the balcony shooting down or dropping C4 or grenades or things of that nature? I could see a bunch of engineers setting up turrets all along the balcony to fire on ground targets or something. So how would stop that kind of thing from happening?

Great idea over all, kudos.
Well, for one the altitude. Grenades would explode before hitting the ground and most other weapons wouldn't have enough range.
Old 2012-06-18, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I love the idea and wouldn't mind seeing it make it into game. It would open up a whole new element of gameplay which would just be awesome.
Old 2012-06-18, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Glad to see I've managed to keep the thread alive with the constant bumps. Hopefully Higby sees this
Old 2012-06-18, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by berzerkerking View Post
Glad to see I've managed to keep the thread alive with the constant bumps. Hopefully Higby sees this
I'm just glad I didn't have to do it lol, nothing makes an idea look worse than the OPoster bumping it incessantly.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault