Post your upcoming Sunderer overhaul ideas here - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: C:\ del *.*
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-06, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
MrEclectic
Private

Re: Post your upcoming Sunderer overhaul ideas here

I had posted this once in a /r/Planetside thread as a comment:
Perhaps a module for the Sunderer, Lattice Rerouting Module (LRM). Only one per region can be deployed, and perhaps it shoots a big beam to the sky, so that the enemy can see where it is. Alternatively, it must be deployed only within a certain radius of the cap point. It allows capture of a territory unconnected but adjacent to your own, probably at a reduced time rate. If the enemy manages to destroy the LRM Sunderer before the capture is complete, the attempt is aborted and a new LRM must be deployed before attempting a cap. The cap timer will be reset.

Perhaps have it linked to the new Interlink facilities. You must control an Interlink facility to be able to deploy an LRM, or control of an Interlink provides a reduction in cap time.

Is this what you're referring to ITT as a Router?
Old 2013-07-07, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
OctavianAXFive
Staff Sergeant

I’d rather see a new vehicle.

The Sunderer is already a really versatile support vehicle. I’d rather not add a ton of new features to just this one vehicle. It’s possibly the most boring looking vehicle in the game. I have some suggestions as to what can be added to it but I’d rather see more time and energy put into new vehicles, either NS or ES. The Sunderer is a battle bus but it’s not really a combat vehicle. I don’t want to really make it one by adding a ton of fancy new weapons. Instead I’d prefer if they keep the emphasis on support roles.

Some things I would like to see a vehicle (not necessarily the Sunderer) be able to do.

Utility Slot Ideas:

Deployable Gravity Lifts: One for up and one for down. Certification increases height. A benefit of this upgrade would be that the designers could close off some of the base walls, forcing players to deploy a siege vehicle.

Man Cannon: Deploys man cannons that will launch allies over base walls without fall damage. This is a popular idea but mine comes with a caveat. Base defenses are too porous as it is and giving outfits the power to max crash over a wall and right onto a generator just seems unfair. The vehicle will deploy two cannons that have very limited distance at fist and grow conservatively with certs. Additionally, there is a small delay built into the manapult; meaning you can only fire one person every 5,4,3,2 seconds.

Jammer: Creates a no-deploy radius for enemy spawn beacons and Sunderers.

ES Ideas:

TR:
Spread Propaganda: The TR is piping propaganda over the airwaves. In a temporary bout of confusion, all enemies of the TR become confused and find it hard to tell friend from foe. All empire colors turn to a faded grey. 3D spotting and minimap colors are all set to grey no matter the faction. This is done within a set radius of the vehicle piping out the "truth." TR players will still see enemies and allies as they normally would.

Alternative if that’s not viable:

PSA: The vehicle sends out a friendly PSA to all TR troops that failure is punishable by death. But since TR don't fail, that shouldn't be a problem...right? Any TR who die within the radius of the vehicle have a chance of being revived with 5% health and full shields.

VS:
AVSR (Advanced Vanu Shield Regenerator): Vanu within X radius receive a bonus to shield regeneration rate. I’m thinking -2.5 seconds. This would stack with the Advanced Shield Capacitor armor certification for a possible total -5 seconds to the shield regeneration time.

NC:
Get Up Close and Personal: Music is piped out into the NC ranks to get the troops fired up and ready for battle. NC troops move 10% faster in X radius of the vehicle (it would be rather large).

Alternative:
Rally Around the Flag: The sight of the NC banner gives strength and hope to the soldiers. NC troops receive an extra 125 HP while near the vehicle. (this radius would be relatively small as this is almost an extra max damage bullet from most guns and with nanoweave would make for some pretty meaty NC troops).

I’d like to see a more combat oriented APC added, or maybe some cool specialty siege vehicle. The Sunderer is a pretty versatile vehicle for what it does. Let’s see some more ES vehicles!
Old 2013-07-07, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
TheAadvark
Corporal

What I really want is better handling it still feels like driving a frigging beach ball

and a Nanite Tow Beam or Rope

Last edited by TheAadvark; 2013-07-07 at 04:00 AM.
Old 2013-07-07, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
Is this what you're referring to ITT as a Router?
(This was in my initial post on this thread)

http://wiki.planetsidesyndicate.com/...p?title=Router

Old 2013-07-07, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

An Electronic Warfare suite for the bang bus. Deployed it set's up an SOI to prevent enemy drop pods from landing inside the effected area.
Toss in some radar jamming that other's have suggested.
And I really, really, really like the router idea but I'm not sure it'd play out like I would hope.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-07-07, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
That sounds about right, a almost usless one for NC and awesome ones for the other guys. The only change would be that the NC one has a increased size but can't hold more people, perhaps make it so it DOES take more time to repair as well.
Almost useless? I don't think you understand the extent of "increased ram damage". I am talking ramming tanks for huge chunks of their HP and instagibbing Harassers who are silly enough to run into a sundy.

I mean, I'm NC... I try
Old 2013-07-07, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
An Electronic Warfare suite for the bang bus. Deployed it set's up an SOI to prevent enemy drop pods from landing inside the effected area.
Toss in some radar jamming that other's have suggested.
And I really, really, really like the router idea but I'm not sure it'd play out like I would hope.
Both are really awesome ideas. I especially like the SOI idea to prevent enemies from drop podding (squad deploying for example) onto AMS sundies and instantly blowing them up (C4, mines) before anyone can stop him.

Old 2013-07-07, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Klypto
Private

I noticed a number of people posted ideas similar to this, but these are my thoughts on it:

Electronic CounterMeasures (ECM) module.

Mounted on Sunderers, the large ECM module when deployed in close proximity can be used to disrupt enemy communications and logistics or be used as a passive (but imperfect) defensive field against a several types of AT/AA weapons.

Deployed S-ECM sunderers can easily be identified by the large coils exposed on it's mid section. Active coils generate a slight distortion effect around them (similar to the distortion caused by shields in spawn rooms or vehicle bays).

Minimum deploy radius of 100 meters

Generates a 3 Layered field:
  • Outermost layer
    • 75 Meter radius - Max upgrade is 100m
    • Distorts the minimap and voice communications
  • Middle layer
    • 50 Meter radius - Max upgrade is 75m
    • Disables Minimap and Voice Coms.
    • Disrupts nanite based abilities and utilities
      • Repair Guns overheat 4x as fast
      • Medic Guns are 4x slower
      • AMS is disabled
      • Nanite Regen is disabled
      • Cloaking drains 4x faster
      • Heavy Shields drain 4x faster
      • ES-Tank abilities are disabled
      • Squad Deploy is disabled
      • Squad Beacons are disabled
  • Inner layer
    • 10 Meter radius - Max upgrade is 15m
    • Disables all nanite-based abilities and utilities
    • Terminals are disabled
    • Units within this area are hidden from radar
    • Base Turrets are disabled
    • Guidance systems are jammed.
      • Rockets and other guided projectiles will veer into random trajectories when entering the field. Although the trajectory may have been randomly changed, this does not guarantee that the projectile will not hit a nearby friendly unit or it's original target.

Obviously to prevent this from being OP or ruining the game experience it would need some tweaking.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion