Second Favourite Faction? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: like sex with your computer
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-16, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mechzz
Major

Second Favourite Faction?

OK, on the NC thread, seen a few comments like "if I can't play NC then I'll play TR/VS". Some people give a reason such as "if NC was overpopulated, then I'd play the most under-populated faction cos I like to play the underdog".

I'm interested to know how peeps feel on this.

I will play as VS, at least at first, because of sentimental attachment to the VS from PS1. If that doesn't work out (not sure about art style tbh) then I will play NC due to the freedom fighter theme and cool-looking armour/maxes.

I will not, under any circumstances, ever play TR. Don't know why, but I wouldn't feel clean pulling on the read and black. Weird, eh?

So what will you guys do?
Old 2012-06-16, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: Second Favourite Faction?

NC or TR the VS is just a big no no

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-06-16, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Lol couldn't agree more. VS are just the whipping boys in maxes.
Old 2012-06-16, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Entirely depends on the weapons.

For PS1 my favourite faction was where my Outfit resided but personally I always preferred to use the TR weaponary (particularly the MCG). TR easily had the best HA over the course of PS if you were playing over 100FPS.
Old 2012-06-16, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Stew
Major

favorite faction number one NC favorite faction number 2 NC
Old 2012-06-16, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Vs will have a huge problem whith max this time around
Old 2012-06-16, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Vs will have a huge problem whith max this time around
You can judge that yet. As Beta hasn't started.
Old 2012-06-16, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

TR...Cant stand NC -_-
Old 2012-06-16, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Since when focusing on lore I choose based on who has the best chance of being successful after the war, I went with VS>TR>NC. I actually planned on ignoring the TR and focusing on the NC alone. I know it is boring beating up on the crippled kid but there is no helping it.

I haven't found one redeeming factor about the NC since I have started looking at the factions.

If you find someone on the forums that is particularly derpy, they tend to be NC, which really put me off. You also have the large amount of people who only played them for the overpowered guns and got "loyal" to them, along with the guys who didn't bother reading the lore and think they are the good guys.

I have gotten the impression that the NC will have the worst community by far, and I feel that is the most important aspect when choosing a faction. The ugly colors, ugly equipment, slow vehicles, and the worst goal between the 3 factions will only make it easier to hate them.

In the end, I would say the NC would be great for solo players since you won't need to associate with the community and there will be plenty of good long range weapons and vehicles to choose from. Sorry you have to suffer.

Last edited by Otleaz; 2012-06-16 at 06:39 AM.
Old 2012-06-16, 06:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

VS, never did like the NC. I'm not even 100% sure I'll play TR this time, the only thing I am sure of is that I won't be a smurf
Old 2012-06-16, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Entirely depends on the weapons.

For PS1 my favourite faction was where my Outfit resided but personally I always preferred to use the TR weaponary (particularly the MCG). TR easily had the best HA over the course of PS if you were playing over 100FPS.
I just kept a locker full of MCG's, its the baseline that HA should operate off in PS2, none of this kill 2 bitches and reload lasher crap.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-16, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Timey
Staff Sergeant

I dunno, both NC and VS are equally fabulous if you know what I mean. Would have to flip a coin on this one..
Old 2012-06-16, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
Since when focusing on lore I choose based on who has the best chance of being successful after the war, I went with VS>TR>NC. I actually planned on ignoring the TR and focusing on the NC alone. I know it is boring beating up on the crippled kid but there is no helping it.

I haven't found one redeeming factor about the NC since I have started looking at the factions.

If you find someone on the forums that is particularly derpy, they tend to be NC, which really put me off. You also have the large amount of people who only played them for the overpowered guns and got "loyal" to them, along with the guys who didn't bother reading the lore and think they are the good guys.

I have gotten the impression that the NC will have the worst community by far, and I feel that is the most important aspect when choosing a faction. The ugly colors, ugly equipment, slow vehicles, and the worst goal between the 3 factions will only make it easier to hate them.

In the end, I would say the NC would be great for solo players since you won't need to associate with the community and there will be plenty of good long range weapons and vehicles to choose from. Sorry you have to suffer.
I think it's very short-sighted to write off everyone playing NC, even if they may (this is not certain) have the largest amount of foolish players. There will be many outfits filled with fun and intelligent people, and the general community of every faction will always have a dumb, vocal element.

I'd go VS second on the basis that the NC are so terrible by comparison. I hate the idea of freedom over suitable restraints and their high-contrast blue and yellow looks hideous. A lot of their model design is really good, but I can't bear their highly saturated yellow. At the moment their music is also the worst, although I realise that's subject to change.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-16, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Aaramus
Corporal

Would probably choose NC over the VS. Simply because I'm not a fan of hover tanks and I quite like the look of the Reaver.
Old 2012-06-16, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Ignorant peasants.

Free your minds boys.

Free your minds.

I couldn't play anything else, it would feel like I was lowering myself, deliberately handicapping myself with chains of ignorance and mediocre weaponry. I'd feel dirty, unclean.

VS4LYFE.

Last edited by Xaine; 2012-06-16 at 07:43 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion