Question for Higby or anyone who can answer! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: STOP THE INSANITY!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-18, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
galvian
Private

Question for Higby or anyone who can answer!

My question is,

I was an original Beta tester and player of the first planetside. HOWEVER!!, I only played with a subcription for maybe 2-4 months after the launch. Reason I stopped was the gameplay/net lag was just too much for me. I absolutely LOVED the game though and I had high hopes.

My question is (given the above information) do I still qualify as a PS Vet for a beta key?

P.S. My account doesn't seem to reflect that I've played planetside in the past, as I've logged back in and checked to make sure everything is in order but I still have my original beta login name....

Thanks in advance for the help
Old 2012-06-18, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Question for Higby or anyone who can answer!

well from what the Dev's have said, anyone with an active SOE Station account(linked to a working email) who previously played PS1 would receive a beta invite at some stage. Your SOE account history if it was linked to Planetside 1 would reflect it.

Try going into payment/subscription history but make sure to expand the search criteria to list all transaction not just the last 5 or 10 which is the default.
If it doesn't list anything then you might have cause for concern but I wouldn't worry to much from how they've been chucking beta keys around with rampant disregard

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-06-18 at 11:48 AM.
Old 2012-06-18, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
The Kush
Captain

Yea Canaris is right. And please use a search or post in the dedicated beta thread. This has been asked and answered a million times..
Old 2012-06-18, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
galvian
Private

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
well from what the Dev's have said, anyone with an active SOE Station account(linked to a working email) who previously played PS1 would receive a beta invite at some stage. Your SOE account history if it was linked to Planetside 1 would reflect it.

Try going into payment/subscription history but make sure to expand the search criteria to list all transaction not just the last 5 or 10 which is the default.
If it doesn't list anything then you might have cause for concern but I wouldn't worry to much from how they've been chucking beta keys around with rampant disregard
well thanks for taking the time and giving me a substantial answer (unlike the a$$ above me) I've been all through my account(before I made this post) and I see no option to expand my payment history. I double checked and I still see nothing. any further help would be great man. Thanks.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

You sure you arn't logging in to your beta station account? I seem to remember for PS1 beta I had a different station name than the one when it went live. Might have been different for others.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Stew
Major

I think your accont as to be Active so i think you have to have a accont at the momment i think our old Ps1 accont do not count if they are not active anymore so if you dont pay i think you will not have the beta acess !

they give key on twitter anyway try to find one their !
Old 2012-06-18, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I think your accont as to be Active so i think you have to have a accont at the momment i think our old Ps1 accont do not count if they are not active anymore so if you dont pay i think you will not have the beta acess !

they give key on twitter anyway try to find one their !
not only badly spelled but also wrong

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-06-18, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
dyslecix
Corporal

Originally Posted by galvian View Post
well thanks for taking the time and giving me a substantial answer (unlike the a$$ above me) I've been all through my account(before I made this post) and I see no option to expand my payment history. I double checked and I still see nothing. any further help would be great man. Thanks.
I noticed on really old accounts the planetside2 site doesn't show some transactions. Go to the soe.com site and sign in and look at your history there. You shoudl see it!!!
Old 2012-06-18, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by galvian View Post
You can say ass. There's no restriction against it.... He did say please. Why he an ass?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion