News: SOE announces Alpha Squad - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We feel no pain
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-08, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

Re: SOE announces Alpha Squad

You're spending $40 for $40 worth of Station Cash. That right there is getting your money's worth. Everything else is a straight up bonus.
Old 2012-09-08, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

It's a bargain.

Pay $39.99
Get $40 of station cash
Get free exclusive skins and sticker
Get 12 unlocks that you dont have to spend your auraxium on or newly acquired station cash

Support this (hopefully) epic game.

Win!

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-09-08, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
kidwithstick
Corporal

Im pretty sure that the main perc of this deal is not the instant beta.

hurrdurr.
Old 2012-09-08, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
Greenthy
Sergeant

Sad that I can't give the beta acces that comes with it to my brother though.

Will buy it one of the next days, since it seems worth it.
Old 2012-09-08, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Canadian Vanu
Corporal

Re: Beta access with alpha squad

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Guys this does not confirm pay to win.. all this crap is obtainable via Auraxium. This is confirmation of nothing at all other than Alpha Squad.
Have you played tribes ascend?

The most powerful weapons are obtainable through both forms of currency.

Great, right? No. XP takes so damn long to get . I did the math once, for 100000 xp (the old thumper price) , which at the time was op ( And is still is in my opinion) it took 2 months of play time for me to unlock.

I never unlocked it because for each new weapon added, it was op for about 2 weeks until it got nerfed.

And at the rate auraxium is being gained, I have a bad feeling that might happen.
Old 2012-09-08, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

On its own it's probably a pretty good deal but once you take the frequent station cash discounts into account I don't know.
Old 2012-09-08, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: Beta access with alpha squad

Originally Posted by Canadian Vanu View Post
Have you played tribes ascend?

The most powerful weapons are obtainable through both forms of currency.

Great, right? No. XP takes so damn long to get . I did the math once, for 100000 xp (the old thumper price) , which at the time was op ( And is still is in my opinion) it took 2 months of play time for me to unlock.

I never unlocked it because for each new weapon added, it was op for about 2 weeks until it got nerfed.

And at the rate auraxium is being gained, I have a bad feeling that might happen.
So it taking long time to unlock a weapon for free in a free to play game is bad?

Right now it seems that to unlock the JH varient you needed 25k auraxium so if i can easily earn 4-6k a session then it will perhaps take me a week to unlock that weapon or... i can contribute an amount of cash and have it now. Even if it took 2months i wouldnt mind, others may do but its not a game ending event as the weapons aren't more powerful.

I hate with a passion the players that will go out of their way to not contribute financially to this game.

It should be inconvenient to play for free. SOE has already said that they are sidegrading not upgrading when it comes to power and this is already seen on beta.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-09-08, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
Zulthus
Colonel

I wish they'd slap a $59.99 price tag on the box and rid the game of a cash shop. SOE still gets their revenue. Most 'games' don't even feel like games anymore, since you can just get everything without playing on day 1 if you have the dough. It's like a Zynga game.

I honestly just wish they'd use the traditional model where you have to actually play to advance.

As someone already said this game is shaping up to the Tribes Ascend model, where you get extremely bored of grinding for who knows how long just to get that one awesome gun you really want.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-09-08 at 10:58 PM.
Old 2012-09-09, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Crator
Major General

^^^ If it's fun for you to play the game due to advancements and no other reason then you should just play the game for free and earn you new cert/equipt the hard way. Some people don't find that part fun at all and just want to play the game (which should be the fun part).
Old 2012-09-09, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Just a point I'd like to make to the devs about the alpha squad pack.

Don't rush what you're selling. To me it seems nobody thought about that decal - this is supposed to be a believable futuristic world, and you guys have been developing the lore behind it and adding a feel to the bases like this world has been inhabited with prefab space base units, the war has begun etc.

So why have a decal that has the Planetside 2 logo on it. "What is planetside 2?" I hear one soldier asking the other who has the decal on their gun/tank/whatever.

I know you want to make money from this game, and you deserve to do really well considering how amazing this game is shaping up to be and how you constantly LISTEN to the community to improve the game. Just when real money is involved you can't really go back with what you're offering so a more look before you leap approach would be gravy.

One more point on this subject - make sure those camo decals look great before you start charging for them!
Old 2012-09-09, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I just started a business and right now Im working two jobs so I dont really have a lot of time. The alpha squad package looks just right to me.
Old 2012-09-09, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Don't rush what you're selling. To me it seems nobody thought about that decal - this is supposed to be a believable futuristic world, and you guys have been developing the lore behind it and adding a feel to the bases like this world has been inhabited with prefab space base units, the war has begun etc.

So why have a decal that has the Planetside 2 logo on it. "What is planetside 2?" I hear one soldier asking the other who has the decal on their gun/tank/whatever.
Oh I think they thought about the decal. You know what they were thinking? This --> "This PS2 decal will look great for live-streams. People will be able to know this is Planetside 2 when watching without a doubt."
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-09, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Oh I think they thought about the decal. You know what they were thinking? This --> "This PS2 decal will look great for live-streams. People will be able to know this is Planetside 2 when watching without a doubt."
REDACTED
Old 2012-09-09, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
REDACTED
TRay, what's up with the "camo" suits with this thing? They are spastic and ugly, like a toddler with crayons, only without the, "awe isn't t sewet". Any chance these we could get these swapped out (optionally) for something like a slick, professional looking military uniform-like color scheme? Something without battle damage on it perhaps? I would never be caught wearing that red/white "camo"...
Old 2012-09-09, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
TRay, what's up with the "camo" suits with this thing? They are spastic and ugly, like a toddler with crayons, only without the, "awe isn't t sewet". Any chance these we could get these swapped out (optionally) for something like a slick, professional looking military uniform-like color scheme? Something without battle damage on it perhaps? I would never be caught wearing that red/white "camo"...
Considering default colors are bright Red/Yellow/Teal and a slightly darker black/blue/purple, I don't find the Alpha Squad camos out of place at all. Besides, they'll have more camos, these are just the "special" ones.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion