IMO KillCam killing the Game - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than a root canal.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: KillCam in Planetside2?
No-Go 198 72.53%
No Problem 75 27.47%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-31, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Gortha
First Sergeant

IMO KillCam killing the Game

Hey Guys,

what do you think about some KillCam feature you all know from CoD or BF3 in PS2?

I personally think it´s game breaking and killing the immersion, the feeling playing some real battle.
I don´t want to see who killed me, how and from where he did it.
I want to find him myself, if the killer is still around.

Post you opinions and vote!

Regards
Gortha

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-01-31, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: IMO KillCam killing the Game

>IMO KillCam killing the Game
Not sure how it's killing the game if we haven't even tested it.

That being said, I do not like it.
Old 2012-01-31, 12:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

Of course myself and the majority of the playerbase do not want it, but since the COD/BF crowd do the team is going to put it in anyway. Not going to argue about it anymore myself.
Old 2012-01-31, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
HitbackTR
Sergeant

Yeah don't want it in the game, in fact put it in the garbage bin with the BFR's. As it was mentioned it detracts from the realism and tactical feel of the game. If I shoot someone I do NOT want them to know where I am located, where I am headed or otherwise and alternatively I don't want to know where the person is located/heading to either if I have been killed by someone.

Oh and just because the COD/BF3 crowd want it in doesn't provide nearly enough justification to put it in. This is not a shot at you Zulthus, merely making a point if thats the case.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Gortha
First Sergeant

@Zulthus

I only play BF3 on hardcore Servers or Custom-Servers with KillCam OFF and 3D Spotting OFF.

So not every BF3 Player like this "feature"...

Even the NormalBob playing BF3 on Normal Servers does not want to be shown as a sniper.

I am sure the majority of PS2 Players would be against this feature.

I really hope SOE reads this. Well, it´s not the End of the World but IMHO a No-Go in a serious shooter PERIOD

Regards
Gortha

Last edited by Gortha; 2012-01-31 at 01:20 AM.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
super pretendo
First Sergeant

Shit, I accidentally voted for no problem, I am against it
Old 2012-01-31, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SuperSchnecke
Private

Gamebreaker for me........and those who like it are those who jump on the next Game when its coming out. So Please Devs, forget that idea. My guess is No1 who likes Planetside likes Killcams..
Old 2012-01-31, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

While not game breaking I don't want it.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Any "wait & see" option ?
Old 2012-01-31, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
CutterJohn
Colonel

Its not something I personally would have thought of including, but I do not see how anyone who has played PS1 can say it would ruin the game. PS is in no way known for stealthy, tactical gameplay. You wore bright colorful armor and shot weapons with huge bright tracers, or projectiles that showed up on radar, had a wide array of methods of detection, and could sit dead in places for 5 minutes gathering intel. Oh, and the killspam.

The information gathering abilities of this are vastly overblown. The vast majority of the time it will be immediately obvious who killed you, or at least where it came from. The small amount of time where you or your friends didn't witness the killers location, you mostly won't care because there are tons of other threats in the battlefield. I'm finding it very hard to think up circumstances where the conditions of not knowing where the shots came from and getting valuable intel from said knowledge(such as something going on in the background), and nobody else had access to said knowledge, are met.

I also find it hilarious that people equate this with BF3/CoD, and then say its bad. PS is in the same class of games as BF/CoD, that mix between arcadey and realism, except that PS is further towards arcadey.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-01-31 at 01:35 AM.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Azren
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Of course myself and the majority of the playerbase do not want it, but since the COD/BF crowd do the team is going to put it in anyway. Not going to argue about it anymore myself.
This. While they keep stressing how they want to please old PS players, it seams that apart from the item names, everything changed to pelase the CoD/BF carebears.

Great startegy by the way; make a game for those players who are first to jump boat when a new shiny BF or CoD comes out instead for those who stuck with PS since it's release.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Gortha
First Sergeant

@CutterJohn

I played PS1 since closed/exclsuive Beta, several years with breaks and i don´t want it in the next PS - Game.
I know about which game i am talking about

Imagine you are somewhere behind the front hacking a tower or sabotating something.
You meet a enemy and manage to kill him from behind. You are in a hurry, so you directly run where u need to go. Your victim sees on the kill cam where you are running to and where you were hiding. He spawns and directly knows where you are going to and follows.

I don´t like this. It´s noobish.

Last edited by Gortha; 2012-01-31 at 01:41 AM.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

It's less frustrating when you know what killed you. In a game where there's many opportunities to die a killcam would help newer players learn from their mistakes and become better at the game.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Jimmuc
Corporal

@Gortha

um you could stick around floating watching everything when your dead in PS1 and it was pretty easy to tell where someone was going after they killed you. plus killing someone from behind the lines pretty much says that your in the area more than an kill-cam.

not trying to be a dick but yea
Old 2012-01-31, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Atheosim
Captain

I'm against kill cams because they are another thing chipping away at immersion, but as an aspect of gameplay I don't think it's that very damaging. Kill cams in cod means that you know where 1 of 16 people are going to be. Kill cam in ps2 means you know where 1 of 1000 people are going to be. And that's uncertain at best.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion