Armor Cert Question? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is Marsman really from Mars?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-07, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

Question Armor Cert Question?

On Xennon's cert calculator (Which is just a guess) you cannot unclick Standard Armor or Standard Weapon. I hope you can trade in your Standard Armor cert, if I have Agile Armor, I would never use Standard Armor. Wasting a cert like that would suck. But if we can trade in Standard Armor cert, can we then go without any armor? I don't think we can, because we haven't seen a no armor pic yet.

If this is so, at Level 20, you will always have 1 cert point left over by this calculator.

*edit: Hamma might know this one!

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline

Last edited by Toimu; 2003-02-07 at 05:15 PM.
Old 2003-02-07, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
WCruler
Contributor
Corporal

Lightbulb thinks....

I think when you die, you have standard armor on then you have to run to a termanal to get better armor and stuff. so you kinda have to keep it.

I hope that helps
Old 2003-02-07, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Saint
Captain

Standard armor is a prerequistie to all armors.
Old 2003-02-07, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

I thought SJ said Agile Armor is a prerequistie to all armors.

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline
Old 2003-02-07, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I doubt you can unlearn the Standard armor cert. If you could, they might as well give you 3 certs to start off with instead of 2.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-07, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

agile is the pre requisite for all armors, you're right tominu, i doubt that you can trade in standard certs since yuo recieve them for "free" same with the auto cert for the vehicle in your sanctuary
Old 2003-02-07, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Destroyeron
does it really matter lol?
Yes, because if Xennon's cert calculator is correct, you will always have 1 cert point left over at Level 20. Also, why even say Stardard Armor & Stardard Weapons take certs? Why not say they don't take certs, and the max number of certs you get is 19?

Toimu:

PS Storyline
Old 2003-02-07, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
quiet
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Toimu
. . .if Xennon's cert calculator is correct, you will always have 1 cert point left over at Level 20.
I think the availible cert points indicator is always off by one. You can never use the last point no matter what rank you are.
Old 2003-02-07, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

I cannot get it to open now, but I think by that system you can use the last cert point. The air vehicles use 3 points, so the last 3 points (or any 3 points) would have to be an air vehicle to use all 21 points.

Toimu:

PS Storyline
Old 2003-02-07, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I doubt it is an accurate measure for the certs. He is probably pulling the numbers out of his ass so he has a layout for when the game is released.
Old 2003-02-08, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by SandTrout
I doubt it is an accurate measure for the certs. He is probably pulling the numbers out of his ass so he has a layout for when the game is released.
Yeah I know, just brought up the question of "Can you trade in your 1st two certs?"

Toimu:

PS Storyline
Old 2003-02-08, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

I don't think standard armor is really a cert, I mean you spawn with it, I think all it is is a bullet proof vest and a cross so you can pray you dont get shot.
Old 2003-02-08, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

No, you will not be able to trade in standard assault cert.

This hasn't been said directly by the devs, but sense it is "standard issue", I'm pretty damn sure. And if you could trade in standard armor, what would you wear?
Old 2003-02-08, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Havs
Private

Standard armor and weapon are much akin to breathing and eating, they're ingrained into every one of us. I'm sure the devs wanted even the lowest players to have the most very basic of shooting and armor capabilities. Therefore, they needed to create a basic cert that everyone starts out with. Think about it, would you want a player on your team that lacks any ability to shoot whatsoever, who just so happens to be completely NAKED? Personally, I dont want to subject myself to someone running and... undulating toward me.
Old 2003-02-08, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Basically Standard armor is just that though, standard. The reason you can't train it in is it is something everyone knows how to do, so there is no reason to trade it in. I am pretty sure they just have that cert so you don't start naked.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion