My mythical Planetside Upgrade Project - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Submit to us!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-02-20, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Krushiev
Private

Re: My mythical Planetside Upgrade Project

I hope SOE is looking at this...

I'd freak out and quit all other games for PSN if they aded stuff like this.
Old 2011-02-20, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

VS: Versatile weaponry with AI/AV abilities. Cant shoot through water.
This is so bs. Get rid of the AP function on VS. It's next to useless really and it means we get our guns deal less damage because "were versatile". No, shit damage against vehicles or maxes just amount to a little less than shit but still pretty shit damage to vehicles and maxes >__<

Do TR/NC actually carry any of the AP bullets with them? I think the only time it actually has some use is against spitfire turrets and other CE...
Old 2011-02-20, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by I SandRock View Post
This is so bs. Get rid of the AP function on VS. It's next to useless really and it means we get our guns deal less damage because "were versatile". No, shit damage against vehicles or maxes just amount to a little less than shit but still pretty shit damage to vehicles and maxes >__<

Do TR/NC actually carry any of the AP bullets with them? I think the only time it actually has some use is against spitfire turrets and other CE...
My friend used to do MCG / AP MCG back at 25 when everyone didn't have infinite certs so he didn't have to have AV certed. Against really bad maxes AP HA does pretty damn good.

@ OP, digging the mini-tower base.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-02-20 at 09:46 PM.
Old 2011-02-20, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
CutterJohn
Colonel

I like that base wall design. Infantry can reliably use it to fend off vehicles, but once vehicles push into the cy, the splash from the ceiling will clear it in short order. Makes them more effective vs defense when the enemy is outside of the walls, but once inside they become a liability.

The bunkers need a drawback though, or a way to be destroyed. Or would the access just be from inside the cy instead of inside the base?
Old 2011-02-21, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

The bunkers have an access door on the inside of the wall, so once the enemy gets into the CY you are trapped!

The shields on the bunker would also only take a certain amount of damage before they fail; you wouldn't be totally safe in there... ooo better idea, Ill put a shield generator on the back of the bunker that can be destroyed to drop the defensive shields.

Regarding VS AV mode, its ok, but yeah, not the most useful when everyone has AV.

Yesterday I ran into a TR MCG user with AP rounds; he chewed through a third of my mags health in about 10 seconds before we got far enough away from him and then took another 5 seconds killing him with our main gun, by which time half of the armour had been stripped off the tank!
Old 2011-02-21, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
CutterJohn
Colonel

I'm pretty sure that we could safely just rid ourselves of gold ammo/AP modes. I don't think that mechanic was ever all that beneficial to gameplay. It mostly just reinforced the weakness of infantry against vehicles and MAXs by making them totally screwed if caught unprepared, and almost but not quite totally screwed if they brought gold ammo. Exceptions to this applied, ofc, but all in all I think the concept was not well planned.
Old 2011-02-21, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Canaris
Contributor
General

I used to see TR infantry running around all the time with twin MCGs one would have the regular AI ammo and the other the AP, worked well.
Oh and Dvid those are some great concept pic's of the tower and base wall. The bunker looks more like an observation room, not to keen on it I'd prefer if they were detached from the base with a series of surface trench systems linking them surrounding parts of the base. They'd need to be positioned to give proper fields of fire.

Last edited by Canaris; 2011-02-21 at 04:39 AM.
Old 2011-02-23, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Reviewed and tweaked the Certification Overhaul, removing a lot of repeated information from the various related overhauls and changing some of the values of the different certifications.

Made a checkpoint for the Terrain Overhaul. These would be situated on roads as they pass through choke points, such as between valleys or at the end of bridges.

Old 2011-03-02, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
brinkdadrink
Corporal

I was reading through your site and i really like it.
Had a thought.

Your armor overhaul
http://sites.google.com/site/planets...rmour-overhaul

Should guns be able to be carried in backpacks. I thought it should be no but then i thought about exchanging the glue gun with standard gun in the driver suit. So i thought a good addition would be you can carry a specific amount of weapons per armor. This im sure would be debated. So an example, rexo has 2 slots so it can carry two weapons and doesn't matter if they are both in the backpack or not.

The other thought was not allow weapons in the backpack but change the amour's to have a support slot that is 3x9 which would be slot number 6 and can only use support items. Such things as glue gun or the large ace for TRAPs (blanking on name)
Just throwing out a thought.
Old 2011-03-02, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
brinkdadrink
Corporal

Just wanted to add the NTU system i like

changes i see
Base silo - 1000 - because if 100 people then 10 deaths each which is much smaller as they grab vehicles
light base - 200 - no vehicles so 200 deaths till empty
Tower - 50

The rest of the NTU system seems like it would be a great addiction and add a new way to capture bases.
Old 2011-03-02, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Cheers for the feedback; I will more than double what I have for the NTU limits for the base, light base and tower; I think 10 deaths for 100 people is way too many for a base fight; that means that people are throwing their lives away or getting as good as spawn camped.

If a base fight lasts more than 15 minutes the defenders should be worrying about refilling the base.
Old 2011-03-02, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
brinkdadrink
Corporal

But if a quarter of those 100 people so 25 pull a heavy vehicle which is 4 pts in your system then that another 100 points. If half pull a light vehicle then thats another 100 points. Not sure exactly what each vehicle is but lets say a mos is 2 pts and you got 15 doing that then after everyone in this senario dies twice you already are at 200 (respawn) + 200 (heavy vehicle) + 200 (light vehicle) + 60 (Mos also light vehicle) = 660. you are more than 2/3 down after eveyone dies twice. one more deaths if they all pull the same things and the base is spent.

I made the towers low which could actually be half of what i said because there are no vehicles.

Another thing is if people are spawning faster than 1 per 20 sec then the base will be depleting slowly even if it has the connection and then again on top of that once the enemy breaches the courtyard they can just take all the NTU out of the silo which would insta kill the base which is why i was making it so high.

I do really like the idea you have with NTU making the fuel source much more valuable and part of the game. I am glad you didnt add it to vehicles to as a driving fuel but only spawning vehicles.
Old 2011-03-02, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Traak
Colonel

Jeez, dude, why aren't you working for Sony.
Old 2011-03-03, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
lostabyss
Private

If a base fight lasts more than 15 minutes the defenders should be worrying about refilling the base.
since cutting off supplies would be a new strategy for base caps, i think a refill roughly every half hour would be better. a refill every 15 minutes in some cases would potentially mean someone is constantly going back and forth. this also gives a lot of chances to cut off the convoy and either stall them or decimate them for the victory.(since it's such a precious resource i'm sure a convoy would be common for refills) that is, if the base actually gets to those low levels.

in order to really calibrate it, we would need data. average lifespan of ANT's and their convoys when the path is pretty much blockaded for example. it can take a little while to organize sometimes, and then it depends on average distance of set up roadblocks/ambushes, or patrols.

this would definitely add another great aspect of play and role to the game, the average time for a base under seige to deplete (with 60-90 people using the base?) would have to be enough to give the ant's several tries, but not be a ridiculous wait for the enemy.
Old 2011-03-03, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
brinkdadrink
Corporal

To make it so low a way i thought about doing it would be to have 2 lines from the warpgate. So in your picture you have a line go to the south tower from the top warpgate and stop. What if you continued it to the base so if one line is taken the other is still fueling. you can make it so the fuel lines are slower so with both you are steady at a medium fight but if one is taken it will be depleted slowly and if they are both gone then you got like 10 min before you lose the base. It gives kind of like a warning to get someone to those towers. I say this because if the fight is in the middle of the battle field you could just take the tower by the warpgate and cut off all the bases.

EDIT: Realized thats not right you would have to take one at each warpgate unless you near the end so disregard that.

Last edited by brinkdadrink; 2011-03-03 at 09:16 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion