4 OLD GAMERS that want 80's-90's OG games, BARDS TALE RING A BELL??!?! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where pants are always optional.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-03-26, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Revolution
First Lieutenant

4 OLD GAMERS that want 80's-90's OG games, BARDS TALE RING A BELL??!?!

Check out:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/index.php

(Warning.....Young kids Might be LOST LIKE A MOFO..........)
I never knew bout this site!Found it by accident)
I just downloaded the DOS games I grew up on like:

Wasteland, The Mars Saga, Roadwar 2000, AD&D titles, Buck Rodger Titles, BattleMech the OG one I played that all day and won it, what memories, (Didnt see THE BARD's TALE(1-3) yet(OMG if you dont know Bards Tale you are young dayum!, Syndicate, Syndicate Wars, Realms, Ultima 1-4, Sentinel Wars 1(Only one I cant get to work SO FAR!), etc etc IT GOES ON FOR DAYS seems like the archive of Old Games trust me.....The site is HELLA slow for me but the downloads are faster than normal GO FIGURE.... CHECK IT OUT YOU OLD SCHOOL GAMERS! Remember OG S.S.I. ?! OG ORIGIN?! OG EA?! etc etc......

Plus the Docs are there to DL.......

Shit like that there are thousands of em and most all are free to download, guess its public domain but the memories............. Just try it..... Remember one game you have died to play and go get it and try it out(And lemme tell you, its not like you remember you gonna be like OH DAYUM I LOVE THIS GAME.....BUT WTF HAPPENED TO THE GRAPHICS!?!?

Example: Back in the day('89) I got the game Wasteland. OMG the best game I loved it like no other.....(14 years later) WTF???!? WASTELAND!!!!!(Sorta like Tom Hanks when he finally created fire? FIRE!!!!!!!) And its great I am gonna play it soon, just to bring me back to many years ago. Oh so to my point is that I remember the most kick ass game and how much I loved it etc etc.....Well I had culture time shock yesterday when I played it....Its fun but there is just lets say.... Almost takes more brainpower back then to play even know the interface was a lot simpler.......(Cancel that it takes brainpower to remember how fucking SIMPLE the interface WAS......Back in the day..............

MEMORIES.............NOTHING BUT MEMORIES!!!!!!(WIsh I could go back........)

P.S. I never searched for any of this stuff I stumbled onto it and it brought back memories so if its is old news the FUCK OFF I'd of wished someone like me to post a post like mine a LONG TIME AGO!
Old 2003-03-26, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

oh man, anyone every play starfleet battles? or the old Battletech Board games? Now those are *and were* sweet! *I now play MWDA *by www.wizkidsgames.com * and it is VERY fun, I just hope that there will be anohter starfleet battles type game that comes out *like MWDA would be great!*
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-03-26, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Revolution
First Lieutenant

I have no idea Vulcan, whats the game called in english?

Its not a Pirate site its an OG site they came shareware or freeware or fuck it I still doing but you do have a few games that you have to BUY(BUY A DOS GAME?@?!?!! THATS WHAT I THOUGHT) lifes a bitch.....Only one of my titles that I used to play in the day said PAY so......

Assume its legal, but dude rip it these classic games might dissapear someday. Its History. You ground your kid say, YOU CAN ONLY PLAY THIS!!!!!!!!!! (Hand em 1989 game) ja......THat might teach him to appreciate shit huh if he/she a game junky like his dad!
Old 2003-03-26, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

ummm...

starfleet battles is a 1960s table top board game based on star trek ship combat. Battletech is also a 1960s table top board game based on mech battles. MWDA (Mechwarrior Dark Age) is the new battletech table top board game that has come out, by wizkids * www.wizkidsgames.com * and is very good. I play the old ones and MWDA every chance I get, cant get enough of table top games, just somehting about seeing the army, and having them in RL vs VR ....

BTW:
Starfleet battles was turned into the computergame series "Star Trek: Starfleet Command" (1,2,3,and 4) *and one can argue that the larger scale version turned into startrek armada 1 and 2*

Battletech became "mechwarrior" 1-4 (and merc2 and merc 4) as well as mechassault, battletech 3025 *best one by far*, and mechcommander 1 and 2

*ya, so I went back another 20 years from what you were talking about, but hay, still OLD games *ok, not risk, or checkers/chess old, but STILL!*

MWDA direct link: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mwdarkage/
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."

Last edited by MrVulcan; 2003-03-26 at 11:47 PM.
Old 2003-03-26, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Revolution
First Lieutenant

Ok thank you for posting NOT KIND OF GAMES on my HEY YOU LOVE OG Late '80s-Early90's GAMES AND WHERE TO GET EM thread.........

Did you go download something? I just got temp banned cuz I clicked on more than one DL at a time....

SO LISTEN, DONT DL MORE THAN ONE THING AT A TIME LIKE THEY TELL YOU EVEN KNOW I DID IT ON ACCIDENT! GOT A TEMP BAN.........(saw NEUROMANCER and started to get Hard, say, GOTTA have it now......)

Anyways COMP GAMES ONLY please Trying to keep it real, Talking about the old 80-90's games that I used FLOPPY DISKS and what they call HARD DISKS with HAHA!
Old 2003-03-27, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

in dat case

ya remember sim ant? and sim life even sim earth was about waht.. '92? or Mechwarrior 1 (late 80 somehting i think)?

I played those for hours on end esp mech as sim ant

or b4 that *on the old floppies*, I used to have asteroids, and battletank (B4 comp games were color) and another one.... like space pirates or someting... too long ago to remember...

now those were the days... get a faster comp, and the games went faster

About a year ago now *man time flys* I got all of the old attari games *barnstormers ring a bell?* and though ill admit that was a cd, they were still the old atari games *cant belive they are still around! (UT2003 anyone)

P.S.
nope, didnt dl anything there, did look at the site though =)
Old 2003-03-27, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Dude! Roadwarrior 2000!

And I still have all my Bards Tales 5.25" Floppies.
Old 2003-03-27, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

very cool site.... I need more hours in the day, seriously.... like 90 would be good....

*edit* just have your popup blocker enabled, because there are about a dozen frikkin popups to get rid of before you leave.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time

Last edited by mistled; 2003-03-27 at 01:37 AM.
Old 2003-03-27, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Led

OMG! They have M.U.L.E.! And StarFlight! And Emperor of the Fading Suns! Holy crap!

I love this site!
Old 2003-03-27, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

That's sweet

They have Darklands, the game that sucked many hours of my youth away!

Gotta try that one again

Nice find
(though a pop-up blocker is a must)
Old 2003-03-27, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Revolution
First Lieutenant

The only games I CANNOT find out of my youth is Bards Tale series.... Anyone know where to get em?

Yes AWSOME SITE and obviously they can give us all the games for all the FUCKING POPUPS....But its worth it!

Keep busy on that shizzit till PS!

P.S. I had to disable my firewall to DL so if you havin a problem try that, and whatever you do, do not dl more than 1 thing at a time! (unless you use a FTP proxy maybe but since most the shizzit is less than 1k, you shouldnt have a problem!

Last edited by Revolution; 2003-03-27 at 11:48 AM.
Old 2003-03-28, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

ugg.. redbaron.. thankfully I could flip the turbo button off on my comp to make it playable.

Commodore 64 owns. I still have mine hooked up
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge