The Vindicators (VS) are recruiting for PS2. [NA] - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Gave me brain damage =(
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty

Old 2012-05-25, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Marine Six
Private

Re: The Vindicators (VS) are recruiting for PS2.

posted my app

http://www.thevindicators.com/forum/...ad.php?t=16672
Old 2012-05-26, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Kurzgan
Private

Originally Posted by Kilmoran View Post
<S> To The Vindicators. While we won't be working together as we did in DFO (Strumgrenadier), I recall and respect what I have seen of you all. Good luck, and I hope we can push and challenge you when the fight starts.
/SALUTE SG!

Hey Kilmoran, our little alliance really did steamroll at release in DFO! It was disheartening to leave the game but Darkfall's septic community was really it's own worst enemy. We sought you out as allies for a specific reason and I can't wait to cross path's with Sturmgrenadier on the battle field on a regular basis!
Old 2012-05-28, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

While we are waiting for PS2 we are mainly playing the ArmA 2 mod Day Z, Diablo 3 and Tribes Ascend, although we have a good number still going at it in WoW.

We have a had a good number of applicants from both sides of the Atlantic - if you are interested in an active community consider us!
Old 2012-06-02, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Runlikethewind
Private

Just signed up over at thevindicators.com, lookin forward to rolling with ya'll.
Old 2012-06-04, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
HinataHitman
Private

Anyone who's looking for an awesome outfit for a VS player, the search begins and ends here. I got an invite from my RL friend ChaosFox to join these guys in the winter of 2003 and I never looked back and had an an absolute blast with them, no matter what was going on.

From the ill-fated, but hilarious, "Ride of the Valkyries" gal drop, to th more successful gal drops and everythin in between, these are people that I am proud to call my brothers (and sisters) in arms. Not only have we steamrolled continents before, but we've also managed to hold a base against a combination of TR and NC forces...I think that was somewhere around an 8 hour hold of one base in the middle of Cyssor.

We have great leaders, plain and simple that listen to everyone in the outfit and take their thoughts into account about the current plan. We have stellar soldiers that can and will adapt in the blink of an eye, rolling with the punches all the way.

Even though it does sound regimented, it's not just this...we remember to have fun. And do we...

- Kurz's Sundy Bus of Doom

- The Magrider nicknamed the "Big-Assed Church Woman" or something to that effect...I can't remember fully, but it involved one of our members remarking that if you fishtail the Magrider, it becomes that big-assed woman at church that shoves you halfway down the pew when she whomps you with her ass when she goes to sit down.

- Basilisk (me) becoming a hood ornament on a Vanguard...and winning.

- Outfit night with two other VS outfits, rolling 12 squads deep on one continent at once...god, that was fun.

There's so much more that I can't remember because it's been so long, but for me to stay with one outfit since 2003 says a lot. We're a lot of fun and can give you the fights that you desire.

To go old school..."Beware the skies, for they bring swift vengeance."
Old 2012-06-07, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
therandomone
Sergeant

I'm going to be honest here. I read through this thread, fell in love with this outfit and instantly applied, twice. It took two times because I was on the last sentence of my application when my tablet crapped out on me,but it was definitely worth it.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Static Avis
Private

So I'm trying to choose between you guys and one other Vanu Sovereignty outfit right now.

Any specific reasons why I should join you guys?
Old 2012-06-07, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Naveo
Private

Looks more or less to be the outfit I am looking for.
Except...
What region are you guys from? Because I do not want to play on a server where my ping is skyhigh, or play with a little squad.
Old 2012-06-07, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Darkace
Private

In the original planetside we had players all across the world. However the United States (coast to coast) & western Europe are our primary areas
Old 2012-06-07, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Darkace
Private

@static Avis.

Really to sum up who the vindicators are is simple trust & respect. As stated previously we formed before the release of the PS1 closed beta & have been active in one form or another ever since. We enjoy having fun but when it becomes game time everyone knows that the leadership is doing their best to not only win the fight but maybe even more important to make sure that everyone playing has a great time.
Old 2012-06-07, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Arokel
Private

I like what I am seeing after checking out your group. My only concern is whether or not you have time requirements for your members. I know a lot of coordinated groups do. For me irl comes first and there are times where I don't log on for a week due to commitments irl. Would this be a problem?

Last edited by Arokel; 2012-06-07 at 04:54 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
JacksonFatBack
Private

I've been a Vindicator since 2004. I literally grew up being a Vindicator (I joined at 14, I believe, 21 now).

My favorite Vindicator moment was during the outfit wars of 2006. The outfit wars pitted 2 outfits 30 vs 30 in a 3-hour battle. We were fighting a fairly strong outfit and were nearing the end of the 3-hour time limit. If neither team managed to hack the other's base before time ran out, the game would be a tie.

With just 5 minutes left, we all gathered at our AMS for a final offensive. We pushed to their CC, put a hack on their base, and then sent a squad to down their tubes. With just a minute or so remaining, we managed to put the hack on, and ended up successfully defending it for the remaining 15 minutes to score a victory.

--JacksonFatBack.
Old 2012-06-09, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
DrifterBG
Private

@Arokel, we don't have any time restrictions. If you come online for 5 minutes, or if you come online for 5 hours, we'll take you!

The only time we kick members is if they haven't been online for a long time (we're talking months and months) and/or we need to make room for new members (should we hit a cap). That being said, if you only come on once in a blue moon for a short time, there may be a chance of being kicked for inactivity... but most of us agree there isn't really a reason to kick for inactivity.

When you come online, join the fun, make yourself known, and we'll keep you around

Another one of my favourite war stories was holding a base on cyssor I think it was... My outfitmate Onxtinct and I were manning the turrets at the front gate after heading a large force was coming in. Our plan was to hold them back until our turrets exploded.

What I saw was one of the largest forces I have faced in planetside. It was like a wall of armour, tanks, and other means of death coming for us. They crested the hill and we both opened fire. I guess the others in the base heard us firing because we were suddenly backed by all our empiremates in the base.

I didn't let off the trigger the entire time and we managed to keep them back for our airforce to come in and start straffing them. Engineers were repairing the turrets to keep them from exploding. For 30-40 minutes I kept the trigger down, hitting anything that came towards me. I still have screenshot buried in the depths of my computer's hard drive of that massive battle.

Last edited by DrifterBG; 2012-06-09 at 05:05 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Cephus
Private

I joined back some 7-8 years ago. I would say I remember this one time when I was laughin on Vent/TS but I am always laughin on Vent/TS.

There's some good stories here and they stir up some great memories for me and it makes me hope for the future and PS2 and new stories and memories with some of these old people and some new people. It will be nice to tell my stories to some new people and get some new laughs.

I would say the greatest thing I took away from PS1 was this outfit and these friends in this cyber world. The greatest and strongest memory for me didn't even happen ingame it happened on the road trip named "Gen Drop at GSK's".

GSKSP1 only lived 2 hours south of me so I decided to go visit and spend a weekend. Thats how it started just 2 guys gonna get together have a few beers visit with his wife and kids and enjoy a summer weekend. Well we decided to see if anyone else wanted to meet us in the middle of ohio and a few beers too. I insisted on picking up Kurzgan (Which was 3 hours in the wrong direction lol) we also picked up DrifterBG and Tssha.

POC3442, Vess and Icegargoyle met us there and we had a blast. It was a road trip straight out of some movie filled with fun, laughs and adventure.

The day I joined The Vindicators I didn't just get myself an outfit I got myself a new kind of community and some lifelong friends.
Old 2012-06-09, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Kurzgan
Private

Originally Posted by Cephus View Post

I would say the greatest thing I took away from PS1 was this outfit and these friends in this cyber world. The greatest and strongest memory for me didn't even happen ingame it happened on the road trip named "Gen Drop at GSK's".

GSKSP1 only lived 2 hours south of me so I decided to go visit and spend a weekend. Thats how it started just 2 guys gonna get together have a few beers visit with his wife and kids and enjoy a summer weekend. Well we decided to see if anyone else wanted to meet us in the middle of ohio and a few beers too. I insisted on picking up Kurzgan (Which was 3 hours in the wrong direction lol) we also picked up DrifterBG and Tssha.

POC3442, Vess and Icegargoyle met us there and we had a blast. It was a road trip straight out of some movie filled with fun, laughs and adventure.

The day I joined The Vindicators I didn't just get myself an outfit I got myself a new kind of community and some lifelong friends.
The best part about that trip was how it came together in a matter of hours.

"Hey man wanna hit up GSK's place and drink some beer?"

"Sure"

"Shit I wanna go but I can't get down, and I'm broke."

"No prob I'll pay for half your plane ticket, and we'll pick you up at the airport"

"I want to come too, I'll grab a bus down to the border and meet you there"

"Sure we'll grab you at the bus station then hop over the border"

I still have a bad feeling there are pictures of me out there passed out with my hand down Cephus's pants or some awful shit.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty