XP for continent capture - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please see Dean Hamma after class.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-10, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
CrazyCrazy
Corporal

XP for continent capture

I think we should be able to get XP for capturing a continent. The max XP reward should be somewhere in the area of 25,000 XP.
Just like base capture, it should depend on the amount of fighting you and your squad did,and the amount of time spent on the continent. This would encourage people to think more strategically when taking a continent, instead of just following the zerg.

When I first started training for CR, I often tried to do thigns strategically for capping the continent, rather than just chasing XP. But after a while, you realize you're wasting your time doing so. Capturing a continent gets you nothing but pride, and while you're behind enemy lines, doing flank maneuvers, and other tactics, zergers are collecting XP and increasing their BR and CR.

The are a lot more elaborate descriptions and ideas of ways to improve the strategy in this game, but I think XP for continent capture is simple enough for the devs to put in, and not just a pipe dream. The LLU might turn out to be a nice addition, but it still doesn't address the overall goal of the game. I think this does.
Old 2003-08-10, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
PilotLady
Private

Danm straight! Thats a great idea! I've been thinking about something like that, like it would go along the same lines as, the longer the targets been alive, the more xp you get. But it could be like, the longer the continent had enemies on it, and the longer you were on th island during combat, the more XP you get, that would rock! Finally... a reason to go all Black Hawk Down.
Old 2003-08-10, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Eliaas_Demens
First Sergeant

I like it.
Old 2003-08-10, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Happyn00dlez
Private

/signs
Old 2003-08-10, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Agreed. Perhaps another bonus for holding a continent locked based on time slices. How frustrating is it to participate in locking a continent and then, 5 minutes later, seeing some ninja come in and destroy all you worked hard to do. I've been enjoying defense more than attacking lately anyway.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2003-08-12, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Xenar
Private

I agree that there needs to be some incentive for capturing the entire continent.
Old 2003-08-12, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yea. it gives those ex-everquesters a "goal" to acctually stride for.
Old 2003-08-12, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Tack
Private

A little story about strategy and not following the zerg

We were fighting the TR and NC on Hossin yesterday. Actually, we were attacking the NC and the NC were attacking the TR.

Acan was our target, but the NC were trying to backhack Chac. I knew that if Chac fell, we would get squeezed in by the NC. So I pulled my ten man squad and headed to Chac to resecure the base. We secured the base but didn't have the manpower to take the tower. My squad fought the NC squad for a good 20 minutes until Acan was captured and Voltan was captured. Once Voltan was captured they lost the link to Chac so the NC squad pulled back and we captured the tower.

We missed lots of experience points by doing this, but it allowed the rest of the VS a chance to get some good experience.
Old 2003-08-12, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

I'd rather see it be something like once a continent is locked warpgates to that continent no longer work for anyone other than the empire that locked it forcing opponents to HART in. This would mean in order to break the lock you'd have to drive a base neutral. Now I'm still not sure if I'd prefer having to cap a base to break the lock or just drive a base neutral but imo having a locked cont block the HART and not the warpgates is just ass backwards.

Exp is a great goal, but in a MMO where it takes a month or two of semi regular play to max out exp it becomes a poor motivator after a relatively short period of time.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-12, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Great idea. I read this and I wanted to kick myself in the head for not thinking of it myself. After reading such a simple and rewarding idea, I have to ask, why isn't it already in the game?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion