XP for continent capture - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Its almost as cute as a Kitten. Almost.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-08-10, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
CrazyCrazy
Corporal

XP for continent capture

I think we should be able to get XP for capturing a continent. The max XP reward should be somewhere in the area of 25,000 XP.
Just like base capture, it should depend on the amount of fighting you and your squad did,and the amount of time spent on the continent. This would encourage people to think more strategically when taking a continent, instead of just following the zerg.

When I first started training for CR, I often tried to do thigns strategically for capping the continent, rather than just chasing XP. But after a while, you realize you're wasting your time doing so. Capturing a continent gets you nothing but pride, and while you're behind enemy lines, doing flank maneuvers, and other tactics, zergers are collecting XP and increasing their BR and CR.

The are a lot more elaborate descriptions and ideas of ways to improve the strategy in this game, but I think XP for continent capture is simple enough for the devs to put in, and not just a pipe dream. The LLU might turn out to be a nice addition, but it still doesn't address the overall goal of the game. I think this does.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion