Mossie is a TR Vehicle? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu are so cute, until they end up on the hood of my buggy....grrr...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-29, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Nihil
Private

Re: Mossie is a TR Vehicle?

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Yeah. It's called the Phantasm. Handles like a bitch, but she's the fastest ship in five parsecs. She'll do point-five past lightspeed.

Mosquitoes so bad-ass, you mace them with OFF and they mutate. So badass that you slap one, and he gets back up and pistol-whips you like Ray Liotta in Goodfellas.
How short can it make the Kessel Run?
Old 2011-09-29, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by N1H1L View Post
How short can it make the Kessel Run?
Old 2011-09-29, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Lol, cyclone technology...
Old 2011-09-29, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
NlightN
Private

As soon as I saw another render of the mossie with TR colors on it, I said to myself ".....the mossie's now TR exclusive, and the Reaver is NC."

That's why when the Reaver pic first came out, ppl were claiming that it looked too much like the mosquito.....cause technically it is a mosquito.....for the NC.
Old 2011-09-29, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

VS have a wonderful vacuum cleaner. Very nice and expensive. I have one myself

Last edited by Tigersmith; 2011-09-29 at 10:12 AM.
Old 2011-09-29, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Aractain
Major

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post
VS have a wonderful vacuum cleaner. Very nice and expensive. I have one myself
Someone with a horrible dirty mind could take that as a sexual refrence.

Like me.

Oh yeah and I am very impressive with the design of the mossie, no wonder its TR only. It looks amazing and no doubt will need people hanging on to those rocket pods to fire them...

Last edited by Aractain; 2011-09-29 at 10:37 AM.
Old 2011-09-29, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
It looks amazing and no doubt will need people hanging on to those rocket pods to fire them...
Old 2011-09-29, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Ninetailed View Post
Wasn't Freeman Dyson an American? And what's "smarty-pants" about a british accent, anyway?
The British accent is referring to the commercials for Dyson vacuum cleaners, not the British-born American immigrant scientist for whom the name was chosen.

Also, I think it's not very thorough to pigeonhole NC names as birds of prey, folks.

Bird names for NC: Peregrine, Eagle, Sparrow, Falcon, Phoenix.
Non-bird names: Mag-Scatter, Mag-Cutter, Gauss, Jackhammer, Vanguard, Enforcer, Thunderer, whatever the proper name for the Scattermax was/is.

So, more names were descriptive of the equipment's function, tech, or just generic warfare terms than had anything to do with birds. Especially when you consider that the Peregrine and Eagle will not be appearing in PS2. Reaver fits in fine with the others, fits with the guerrilla tactics the NC espouse, and maintains continuity with the PS1 vehicle that it still distinctly resembles.

I have no problem with the suggestion to rename the Mosquito, though, since it's no longer the "smaller flight option" of a common pool.
Old 2011-09-29, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
FIREk
Captain

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
The Reaver belongs to NC now
I haven't read the thread yet, but I just wanted to say... I TOLD YOU SO! You should have listened to my clever guesswork. :P

Last edited by FIREk; 2011-09-29 at 01:15 PM.
Old 2011-09-29, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

First and foremost - show us a screenie of a Dyson - or whatever you call it. VS seem to have gotten the least eye-candy so far - so throw them a bone ASAP. Dyson is as easy as any VS-tech to start sharing with us IMHO.

I consider myself TR, but I want to see eqaul parts of all 3 empires. Some of us may jump empires based on ONE new tech item or ONE new empire-specific wrinkle added to PS2 gameplay....be it vehicle, aircraft, naval craft ?, weapon, uniform aesthetics,...

Rename the Mosquito ? Don't care. Only the old guard from PS1 will have a clue what is new and what is carry-over....be it name-only, or in its tech origins.

I kinda like each empire having more of it's own tech. But, I'll miss the Reaver....and I never was much of a pilot and only tried to get the hang of the Reaver for a very brief period.

Seemed ALL Hardcore pilots were Reaver Jockeys. I sure hope we don't see some rediculously HIGH percentage of the best pilots all end up going NC just becasue their prior REAVER fetish compels them to do so.

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-09-29 at 01:59 PM.
Old 2011-09-29, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
Seemed ALL Hardcore pilots were Reaver Jockeys. I sure hope we don't see some rediculously HIGH percentage of the best pilots all end up going NC just becasue their prior REAVER fetish compels them to do so.
I wouldn't say I'm a great pilot, but I certainly have a Reaver fetish (not gonna google that, still scarred from dino fetish). But back in PS1, I jumped ship from VS to NC almost solely for the Gauss. I think we'll certainly see people choose an empire based on a single weapon or vehicle, but I'm sure it will all average out.

Old 2011-09-29, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
I don't think this is too much of a worry. People were hardcore reaver jockeys because they liked how they played. They wanted to be the heavy air to ground vehicle, not the light air to air one. TR players who were PS1 Reaver jockeys will, I think, be more likely to jump into a TR A2G Mossie than hop empires and abandon their friends.
Old 2011-09-29, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Graywolves
General

Wouldn't it make more sense to give the NC the mozzie...hit and run....annoying....

And Dyson was the guy that worked on the Terminator arm and chip in Cybadine Industries. The black guy in Terminator 2.
Old 2011-09-29, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Can still fit TR: annoying, small caliber, rapid-fire

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2011-09-29, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Captain B
First Sergeant

Mossie is definitely sleek and a true "fighter", while the Reaver is a little more "bulky". Like a Harrier.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion