Loyalty promotion not granted to recent customers? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of Strategery and Nuculer Weapons.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-03, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Thumbs down Loyalty promotion not granted to recent customers?

I'm sure plenty of people have heard about the Loyalty Soldier bundle they released, and apparently there is some controversy over it and I just wanted to see the different opinions here, and to make sure I'm reading the fine print right.
Here is a direct link to the promotion...

"Something for your loyalty"

It's a great promotion, and I hope they do more unique one time give-away's and random membership bonuses.

but there is also some fine print.

On the free month of premium membership...
Originally Posted by SOE
This offer is not available for PlanetSide 2 accounts with Premium Memberships or that made in-game item purchases since April 3, 2013.
So to be clear, if you currently are a Premium member (or had a membership after April 3rd) you are not awarded a free month of subscription for being loyal.

Plus, if you've never paid a subscription but have purchased any store items since April 3rd, you are not rewarded free time for being loyal

On the unique camo set...
Originally Posted by SOE
The free Camo Set is being granted to all Premium Members in good standing as of May 3, 2013, and to all accounts that receive the 30 days of free Premium Membership described above.
So if you let your membership run out after April 3rd, you where not given a free month so therefor no free camo, for your "loyalty."

So, just to be clear, the people who have paid money recently don't get to be considered "loyal"? No matter how long they where in beta, or how long they've subscribed, how much they've spent in the store?

Now I know people who've spent money often get a sense of entitlement or superiority but this has nothing to do with that. It seems like promotional gifts labeled as loyal, and yet it's restricted from some of the most loyal.

Is it a slap in the face from SOE's marketing department or a legitimate restriction?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion