Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-01-18, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Which one of these is better?

Which one of these is better for 3d modeling in your opinion and why. Theyre the same price and i cant figure if one is better than the other, or which one to get eventually.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/spacemouseplus.htm

http://www.3dconnexion.com/spaceball5000.htm
------------------------------------------

And of course my final decisions on headphones. I was wondering if someone could help me by telling me some of the differences between them specifically when it comes to how they should perform, And if theres something about them physically that you think needs to be noted go right ahead and post that too.

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...976?Open&row=2 HMD 280 PRO

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...978?Open&row=2 HMD 281 PRO

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...374?Open&row=2 HME 25-1

http://www.djmart.com/senhmdynhead.html HMD 25-XQ

IM definetly getting one of these. Does anyoen know what the performance difference will be between these? Which one do you think is better?

Does anyone know why the HMD 25-XQ is 349$ and the HMD 280 pro is only 229$? What makes the 25-XQ that much more expensive.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-01-18 at 05:15 AM.
Old 2004-01-18, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Well, it looks to me like more of a preference choice. If you like ball mouses you probably would want the ball controller. I myself have never been very fond of ball mouses so I would probably go with the other one.
Old 2004-01-18, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Cyanide
Major

Get the second one. It's got 12 instead of 11 programmable buttons. It also has a more argonomic design. Both of them look a little too bulky to act like standard mice. I'd say the second one would be easier to work with.
Old 2004-01-18, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ait'al
Contributor
General

There not standard mice. There secondary mice that you can use at the same time as the first one with 3d modeling and cad/cam programs. There left handed. :Bouncy:

I wasnt sure if one of them was better for some reason than the other, wanted ot see if anyone know of any difference. I was going to get the ball one in the first place, so, i guess thats what im getting. Thanks.

What about the headphones. The 281 is obviously out of the questions now, unless someone knows of some reason to get it, because its only one sided and im going to use it with PS and other things where ill need two earpeices. This basically, after looking at the 25-1, leaves me with the HMD 280 pro and the HMD 25-XQ. Does anyone have an answer to the question about price? Does the 25-XQ have a better Quality with other things than just voice, where the 280 pro doesnt, or does one have that much better a microphone? The 25-XQ is for djing and studio work, where the 280 is for broadcasting. Does that mean the 280 wont have good sound qaulity for most things. Is the 280 then going to have a flat sound to it? And what is the difference between there microphones?

Right now im guessing even though the 280 has better Frequency response, 8-25000, the 25-XQ is going to be better overwhelmingly for what im gong to use it for with a frequency of 20-16000. Or will the 280 be just as good for most things?

Can somebody give me kind of the low down of the different things in profesional headsets.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-01-18 at 04:04 PM.
Old 2004-01-18, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

the 280 is the way to go, aital.

they're hard to compare, since the 25 is in german units, but if you look closely, it requires a power supply, meaning it carries its own circuitry. it's not what you're looking for.
Old 2004-01-18, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ait'al
Contributor
General

So do you think they can be used for stereo sound, or that theres a way to hook them up through a stereo jack or whatever to get sound in a way i could use do distinquish direction? Or do they already do that?

Edit: oh well, maybe ill just use the 7.1 speakers to determine direction.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-01-18 at 06:42 PM.
Old 2004-01-18, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

personaly i would opt for a high quality 6.1 or 7.1 channel speakers (assuming your getting a decent soundcard with your uber computer)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-18, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I wanted both. Im getting the A2 platinum pro card. I just couldnt find any better 7.1 speakers than the SB gigaworks 7.1 set. How hard would it be to set the speakers to do the thumping and noises for finding stuff and the headsets for music etc. LIke the speakers and subwoofer for tank rolling by and some cricket noise or whatever and the insubstantial sounds through the headset? Or would i just plug them in and get tthem through both?

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-01-18 at 06:47 PM.
Old 2004-01-18, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

you could have either plugged in. BUT, you could have a audio switch that would like u switch off. im sure with a 7.1 you could make out minute sounds. although if you want that all noise focused in your ears the headset is better.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-01-18, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i can make out most minute sounds on my 2.1 set when EAX is enabled, man EAX owns i can't belive i was ever uesng onboard sound when i firstt heard how well this card sounded

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-19, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ait'al
Contributor
General

The Platinum Pro has an external bus for stuff. Its for editing partially. Wont it have enough jacks for both, or cant i use the DVD headphone slot or something?
Old 2004-01-20, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

I use a Spaceball with my Unigraphics WS at work, I also have an older one I use with Inventor and AutoCAD at home.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum