Advanced Mechanized Assault, AMA - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Meet the king.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-08, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
0verlord
Private

Advanced Mechanized Assault, AMA

I was schmutzing around on the various threads that people have created explaining their ideas for Planetside and decided to post my own idea, which is the AMA or Advanced Mechanized Assault. An AMA would be a strong outdoor tactical vehicle, to give you a better idea of where I'm coming from think of the Metal Gear from the Metal Gear Solid games. Each empire would of course have it's own AMA, and each AMA would need 3 people to operate effectively. The driver would be positioned in the "head" portion of the vehicle and his comrades could be in other parts depending on the empire, controlling the weapons, not to say the driver wouldn't have control over some sort of dual 20mm's on the nose of the vehicle. AMA's would only be available from either capitols, or if a bio lab, tech plant, and amp station were all connected via lattice, due to the fact that they can turn the tide in a battle. AMA's would also be AV, but have the ability to go AI if necessary. And possible stomp deaths instead of running people over? Heres what i got so far for empire specific AMA's;

Terran Republic- Doomchain
3 Crue Members
Nose mounted 4 barrel chaingun similar to MCG but faster firing rate.
1 side mounted quad dual barrel 20mms requiring gunner
1 side mounted dual striker cannon requiring gunner (poor lock-on capability)

New Conglomerate- Battlehammer
3 Crue Members
Nose mounted 4 barrel shotgun, similar to Jackhammer only much tighter spread (half damage to infantry and maxes, full damage to vehicles)
1 side mounted duel 20mms with magnetic rail secondary fire to allow extreme accuracy from 10m in front of the gun - viewing distance. requires gunner
1 side mounted ultra phoenix, fires only camera guided missiles that pack an EMP blast aswell as do damage. requires gunner

Vanu Soverignty- Novalash
3 Crue Members
Nose mounted dual lashers with larger pods, same lash as lasher, but slower velocity
1 side mounted duel 20mms with quasar-like splash damage projectile as secondary fire that fire 4 at a time. gunner required
1 side mounted tri-lancer that has same fire rate with 3 lancers bolts each shot, aswell as same accuracy with a tad slower projectile speed. requires gunner

Clip sizes vary, depending on what is considered "balanced" after testing. But i am assuming nothing higher then 25 rounds on all guns. These are all rough ideas, so feel free to add comments and suggestions. Sorry if the names are alittle familiar, and i hope i didn't rip this idea off of anyone else, but with my luck i probably did. Good luck, and i hope you like my idea.

Last edited by 0verlord; 2004-07-08 at 08:05 PM.
Old 2004-07-08, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

And we're back to mechs :|
Old 2004-07-08, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
7ruth
Corporal

mech basher...
Old 2004-07-08, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MrCovertMan
Sergeant

bah though the idea is mentally stimulating i don't think the Planetside population is ready for things stomping across the battlefield unleashing hell wherever they go.
What we need is super agility suits that let us fly across the battle field and run up trees and bounce off walls and such. Then just give us empire specific swords and watch "Crouching tiger, hidden n00b" unfold
"Speak not of power until you have beheld it's truest form"
Old 2004-07-09, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Roswell34
First Sergeant

nah Im pretty good with wheels and tracks. Lets try not to bring things that are look like stuff from Starwars.
Old 2004-07-09, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Cryptica
First Sergeant

Ooooh, I KNOW WHAT WE NEED!!!! I think we should each have an empire specific Jedi-class! FUCK YEAH!!!
Old 2004-07-09, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

What is this? MechWarrior? Okay okay, that was mean. I'm sorry.

The idea is sound and I like it, but adding new things to PS is really difficult, and usually doesnt have nice after effects on the servers (crashing, lockups, bugs, etc.)

Don't hold your breath, there are hundreds of good ideas out there under review by SOE.
Old 2004-07-09, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
hex222
Staff Sergeant

good, but perhaps we ought to wait til PS2
Old 2004-07-09, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Cryptica
Ooooh, I KNOW WHAT WE NEED!!!! I think we should each have an empire specific Jedi-class! FUCK YEAH!!!
The "Force" can be measured by how many grief points you have.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-07-09, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I'm not going to get into the impracticality of large mechs again.
Old 2004-07-09, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

You mean apart from the complex animations? The sheer lack of balance? The way they just don't fit into planetside and the fact that mechs would probably impede on copyright?
Old 2004-07-09, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

I think it's a good idea, but not for PS. Maybe another game. I'd love to see a mmo mechwarrior game, much like Muilti-Player Battle-Tech 3021(I think it was 3021 maybe not) was suppost to be. Untill EA layed the Dev team off durring beta.
Violated by ChiaHamma
Old 2004-07-09, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Lartnev
You mean apart from the complex animations? The sheer lack of balance? The way they just don't fit into planetside and the fact that mechs would probably impede on copyright?
Dynamix did that with Starseige. I don't think that BattleTech holds a blanket copyright saying, "Thou shalt not make mechs in video games as we own all of our mech ideas and the ones you're thinking of. Don't bother, else we're going to go George Lucas on your ass."

Planetside is meant to be a unique game. While I would love to see mechs stomping all over Cyssor one day, it's just not going to happen. You'll see jetpacks and disk launchers far before you see an Officers Battle Pod or Atlas running amok causing shenannigans.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-07-09, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Interesting idea, but you forgot game balance. Everyone knows that any TR mech would require 6 crew members to balance every other empire's 3 crew members.

How can we take your ideas seriously if you miss important details like this?

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-07-09, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
TheN00b
Colonel

Damn, dude, they need to make a Mechwarrior MMO'FPS'. Imagine dozens of Nova Cats charging into battle with Mad Cat MKII artillery support... *eyes glaze over*
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion