My solution to the cheating problem - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: *clink* One more post goes in the bucket.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-22, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

My solution to the cheating problem

It's simple. Instead of Sony banning cheaters, or letting them be, and finding the bugs and exploits and patching them so people can't cheat, SOE should, when ever they catch a cheater, delete all of his characters. Don't worry about banning, as it doesn't help. This would basically be Sony saying, Hey, we still want your money, and you can still play, but if your going to cheat, your never going to get anywhere. Maybe then people who exploit and cheat will get the hint that, Hey, cheaters don't get anywhere.
Old 2003-11-22, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Reload
Private

Sounds good to me.
Old 2003-11-22, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TeraHertz
Major

Good idea, but they should also patch the exploit as well.
Old 2003-11-22, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Exano
Staff Sergeant

If soe wanted the money man, they'd ban him so he'd have to shell out $50 for the game if he wanted to play again
Old 2003-11-22, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rarzo
Sergeant

This all sounds good to me. I have a real anger problem when it comes to cheaters... All though I'd hate for a real player, whos computer just messes up some how, to get their character removed...
Old 2003-11-22, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, but in those instances, they can contact SOE, tell them the situation, and I'm pretty sure SOE can have that reinstated. Or near on enough.
Old 2003-11-23, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jagd
Major

You make it sound so simple, contacting SOE. /appeal is the only way to actually get in touch with them, as they have never replied to a single email. And their phone number says "For help with Planetside, type /appeal in the game" and hangs up.
Old 2003-11-23, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

My solution is to simply kick their door in and then smash their CPU and their monitor, and break their freaking fingers. Violence isn't the answer, but it sure leaves no room for questions.

That's just me, and my loathing for no-skill cowards who have to cheat to remain on par with their peers. PS, I suck at this game and I'm proud of it.
Old 2003-11-23, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, they always answer my appeals. So that's the only way I contact them.
Old 2003-11-23, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Overt action against cheaters can inspire a war between the devs and wannabe elites, which puts the decent players in the middle. I'm sure the devs have their ways of keeping cheating down while maintaining the excellent environment that they are known for.

If you're convinced you're encountering cheaters, try a new server and see if you witness the same behavior; it might just be a glitch. Konried is great because cheaters tend to want as big an audience as possible to witness their corruption. Konried has nice, low population, although you can still get battles with hundreds on each team, it's just not zerg city all day long like Emerald. Johari needs some players, too, from what I understand.

PlanetSide is a mirror held up to society. There are some really cool players who try to help and have fun (I humbly submit myself in this category) and on the other end of the spectrum is the kid who got caught doing something naughty with the class' pet hamster, and has decided to exact his revenge by writing a wallhack or something similarly unimpressive. Don't let the scrubs get you down.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired

Last edited by Veteran; 2003-11-23 at 11:21 PM.
Old 2003-11-24, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

SOE can't break their normal habits. That would take too much thought.

Old 2003-11-24, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

A cheater would just make a new character, go to VR training, and get BR3.

They'd get agile + HA, or a reaver or some other evil vehicle.
Old 2003-11-24, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Just find a dev online go up to htem and show htem personnally. Not the hack ones. Natural game ones. If they dont listen.

Probly be easier to troubleshoot then too. Just stand right in front of them do a crazy emote and then run back and forth or drive whatever like a crazy rabbit. Assuming its a something that can be demonstrated that way.

*My guns visible. My guns not visible. My guns visible. My gun stops being visible.*

I have feet. I have no feet....

for infiltrators.

My feet are invisible. My whole body's invisible........

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-24 at 03:00 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion