PSU Tank battle - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote removed by User
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-22, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Brigadier General

Misc Info
PSU Tank battle

I had this idea:
A PSU tank battle on the test server, each empire picks a driver and gunner for their tank.

To make it fair:
The vanguard has it's pea shooter bullets taken out
The prowler only has 1 gunner (not in the pea shooter)
The magrider driver bullets are taken out.
Old 2003-11-22, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

leave the pea shooter bullets in , for extra defense. If their just peas then they shouldnt hurt?
Old 2003-11-22, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Good idea.

Old 2003-11-22, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Now how are we supposed to pick who is the driver and gunner for each empire? Any suggestions on how to do that?
Old 2003-11-22, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I dunno, maybe you spawn in the sanc, go to the HART building and pick up the Tank cert?

They should have various designated battles on the test server. like MAX or pistols only.
Old 2003-11-22, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

The reason it would be fair (at least to me) to take the peashooter ammo out is because the Prowler requires two people to gun, where other tanks need only one. This also ensures that whoever is gunning for the TR or VS tank doesn't get a leg up - where NC tanks require the gunner to switch between fire modes, the TR and VS can fire BOTH weapons simultaneously and do additional damage. It wouldn't be quite fair to have two sets of tanks who can unload more weaponry into a tank that has one gunner switching back and forth when he runs out of ammo.

The 20-mm ammo takes up space that could be better suited toward more ammo. (I never looked at ammo loadouts for VS Magriders) As you are well aware, the TR tank sacrifices stopping power for faster rate of fire. Meaning it goes through ammo more quickly. Removing pea shooter ammo gives all the other tanks a chance to pack more ammo as well.

At least, that's the way I see it- which is a decidedly warped view of the way most people see things.
Old 2003-11-22, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

Interesting idea

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-22, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firefly
The reason it would be fair (at least to me) to take the peashooter ammo out is because the Prowler requires two people to gun, where other tanks need only one. This also ensures that whoever is gunning for the TR or VS tank doesn't get a leg up - where NC tanks require the gunner to switch between fire modes, the TR and VS can fire BOTH weapons simultaneously and do additional damage. It wouldn't be quite fair to have two sets of tanks who can unload more weaponry into a tank that has one gunner switching back and forth when he runs out of ammo.

The 20-mm ammo takes up space that could be better suited toward more ammo. (I never looked at ammo loadouts for VS Magriders) As you are well aware, the TR tank sacrifices stopping power for faster rate of fire. Meaning it goes through ammo more quickly. Removing pea shooter ammo gives all the other tanks a chance to pack more ammo as well.

At least, that's the way I see it- which is a decidedly warped view of the way most people see things.
I think you should leave the peashooter ammo in. It is the only advantage the other two tanks have against the van (which has the MOST armor and the strongest main gun, along with a decent drive speed). With the VS/TR firing both weapons, it isnt so much additional damage, it would rather be VS/TR catching up to the damage output of the 150mm.
Old 2003-11-22, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Hehe
as a sort of related note, I always thought it might be kinda cool to get like 100 tanks together and see what kind of damage you can do.
Old 2003-11-22, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

yea , even though lots of mag riders would lose
Old 2003-11-22, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Maybe there will be screenshots and video of something like this in the near future...
Old 2003-11-22, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Otis
Master Sergeant

Ok, I am VERY serious about this. On other servers when I create NC and VS characters, I ALWAYS get a tank cert. Becouse I don't get to use them very much on my TR Emerald character. Out of all the tank crews I've been in. I remember one VS guy on Konried was pretty good. But these two brothers top the cake. Mavherick and Aredel. One day I asked to get in their tank, Mav said there was no chaingun ammo, they substituted it for the 100mm. I just said I'd ride. After going from Caer to Pwyll (forseral) I just decided to stay with them to whitness the awsome skill of the gunner, Aredel. Reavers will decimated, and tanks were punished. Mavherick used the terrain to his advantage as he manuvered around, while simultaneusly giving Aredel a good point of view at the target to destroy it. I never thought the 100mm cannon could be used as a Anti-Air gun, but I saw it. So many reavers, AMSs, Tanks, AV soldiers, were takin out by this devestating duo. After an hour and a half (same tank) I had to go, wishing I could stay. God's honest truth, give these guys a hand. If your ever on emerald as TR, look these guys up.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion