Was the CE system always like this? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Press ALT+F4 to see the super secret page.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-22, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mr1337Duck
Lieutenant Colonel

Was the CE system always like this?

Where you deploy up to 20 mines, 20 sensors, 10 turrets, etc. Then you leave and can't deploy any more at another base 5 km away? What's up with that, post here if you want that changed.
Old 2003-11-22, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

That would be nice if you could play CE at different bases...that would not be a good idea to be implemented because you would just have tons and tons of CE set up...

Old 2003-11-22, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zompton
Corporal

I think if you recall then come back (bind at the base) your limit resets. The only down side is if your old deployables get a kill you dont get credit. Someone please correct me if this has change?
PC in the Works; Pentium4 2.8ghz 800mhz FSB, Albatron PX865PE Pro2 motherboard (OC king), 1536mb(1-1/2ghz) Corsair TWINX XMS3200 DDR400mhz Dual Channel RAM, Radeon 9600pro 128mb 8xAGP graphics card, Duel 80ghz 7200rpm 8mb harddrives, Windows XP Professional, 19" Sony GS420 monitor with 1600x1200@85hz resolution, 5.1 surroundsound system, and more...
Old 2003-11-23, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mr1337Duck
Lieutenant Colonel

CEs are a near non-existent class, A few turrets, sensors and mines, that's enough to give the offense a real challenge. As it is now, the offense rolls in a Max, a couple tanks, an AMS, a Hacker, and some soldiers, and that base is as good as taken. With mines, they go through delicately removing them, turrets are mincing the careless fighters, sensors detect cloakers, that base is a fortress. A base capture becomes a real task, and it takes about 10 minutes for a good defense structure anyway, so who cares? 10 minutes to put up, 2 reavers and a tank take about 4 minutes to bring it down. But those deployables will be holding the enemy for a bit while a defense can be started, that's all they need to do.
Old 2003-11-23, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
I Hate Pants
General

I agree completely with you Mr1337Duck.

And now that siptfire turrets have been worked out. They can be quite annoying for squads to deal with.
Old 2003-11-23, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

I think it's always been that way.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-23, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Doppler
Contributor
Major

CE is the gimp. I'm not saying that I believe you should be able to deploy an infinite number of mines. (you shouldnt it's a balance issue) Spits are easy to deal with, mines wont even kill infantry. (and are easy to avoid) and since the patch the greatest plus side to CE (their ability to take out vehicles) has been signifigantly gimped. I whould like to see an antivehicle mine (as people are no doubt aware). However the final assesment is that compared to advanced medic CE's dont have too bad a lot.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-23, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Reload
Private

Anti-Vehicle Mine. Sounds interesting tell me more.
Old 2003-11-23, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Two concepts I have in mine, CE's should be limited to 1-2 of these placed at a time. THey are visible in the normal manner similar to a spitfire. 2-3 should take out a main battle tank, they whould not affect infantry. Two concepts i have thought of is they could either be destroyed regularly, having the hitpoints of a spitfire, or only be destroyed by EMP weaponry.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-23, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

Very interesting idea, /me likes

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-23, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Far as I remember, you can deploy as much stuff as you want. Once you go over the limit, it deconstructs the oldest item. And keeps doing so till the end of time. Or until you stop placing over your limit.
Old 2003-11-24, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ait'al
Contributor
General

why would you limit how many they can have. It destroys and entire type of character. One of which i want to play badly?!

And how many can you have? And can you tell when you hit the max so you dont have to go back and check to see if there dissapearing?

Cant you take out mines with weapons fire or something? Or use weapons fir to detonate them. Mines and Boomers that is.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-24 at 01:53 AM.
Old 2003-11-24, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

CE is sufficient for now, except for Mines. They need to beef those up so they put a real hurt on vehicles again.

CE has always been about buying time more than anything else; it makes the enemy slow down at the base entrance, helps you find infiltrators and gives you a helping hand in tense combat situations.

It raises the effective of a base defense that is only defended by 30 people seem like its being defended by 50.

It doesn't get bored and walk away from the back door to go look for something to kill.

With CE many battles that should have been lost by the defender have been won.

Aside from buying time, it also acts as a very nice form of containment. The enemy walks around a corner, sees a mine or spitfire, and they hesitate; or if you are limping away to repair, a turret between you and the enemy gives you enough time to heal and go back for the kill.
Old 2003-11-24, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
TeraHertz
Major

The people complaining about CE limits are forgetting this is a team based game. 4 Engineers maxing out their deployables in and around a base is a sight to behold.

I can still remeber the site of the NC squad who hotdropped straight into spitfire city.

Deployables are to stop one or two people taking a base on their own (or slow it down if theres no-one around to replace destroyed ones)
The only thing I'd change is their size in my inventory.

[Edit]
Oh, and a window i can open to see how many of each type I have left. I once had 18 mines destroyed and didn't even know it.

Last edited by TeraHertz; 2003-11-24 at 03:55 AM.
Old 2003-11-24, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Otis
Master Sergeant

Anti vehicle mine? I can make one of those. 2 boomers + 1 mine. A MAG can hit about 3 of those and die.

Edit: Some friends of mine figured this out one time. We find a continent where are empire is losing, find a tower. Set up a shit load of turrets motions and mines, hack it, then talk shit to the enemy to get them to come. We get more xp at those towers then getting a full base cap. The most beautiful thing I've seen in planetside was yesterday. Since the turrets have been buffed, we make sure those stay up. We had a field of turrets consisting of 4 CE's maxing out on turrets. In comes a reaver. It makes it about 10 kilometers in. All the spits fire simultaneusly. All the little red beams looked like a laser show. The reaver was dead before it even made half way.

Last edited by Otis; 2003-11-24 at 04:48 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion