Lt Stroytov
Private

A Terran Republic Tale: Part 4, Welcome to Hell

+++Personal Log+++

Lt. Strovd, Vicas.

Mao Division, 52nd 'Validus' SOQRF

Date: 30th of May, 2865

Hossin.

One word; and suddenly my career as an officer looks so much darker. I have heard my fair share of horror stories from those darkened swamps and scum covered bayous. At the start of this war, the swamps of Hossin were described with the same distant as an old Terran conflict in some place called Vietnam.

After studying General Alexanderous Nikolia’s “Great Defeats in Pre-Republic
Terra”, I can only come to the same conclusion. The Conglomerate drew many soldiers from those secluded swamp folk at the start of the war, and many are still alive now.

High Command has chosen the 52nd to head up a covert operation to infiltrate the swamps of Hossin, and gather as much intelligence as possible. This includes regiments stationed, troop numbers, and almost everything in between. Unlike the last mission, however, we won’t be getting any support apart from ourselves.

The 52nd, and the 52nd alone will be dropping onto the coast of Hossin, and from there we have to do as much damage until the attack from our island base, and connection to the New Conglomerate home front. Somewhere along the line, however, High Command decided to have the 52ndcross the sea in Galaxies instead of using the Warpgates, as to allow for some semblance of surprise by our forces.

Big load of pig shit, that its. The first time we’re spotted, we’re all dead, gone, and no more. Any crash survivors would have to kill themselves, or be stuck floating until they have to drown.

I would rather face down a Vanguard then drown, even with the nanites. Too many good men
have fallen into the waters, only to respawn as raving lunatics as the horrors of the water are relieved over and over again.

But this log isn’t only full of ill news. For my actions atop Howling Pass, the Republic granted me the rank of full Lieutenant, only one more step up the ladder to General or Field Marshal, and then retirement in some far off ocean villa with the rest of the brass.

But till then, war must be fought, and war must be won.

+++End of Log+++

( Keep checking this forum for more parts to be added to this tale, for this is but the intro! )
Old 2013-10-11, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: A Terran Republic Tale: Part 4, Welcome to Hell

Hey Storytov,
Nice buildup, look forward to reading more!

Sonny
Old 2013-10-31, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lt Stroytov
Private

Re: A Terran Republic Tale: Part 4, Welcome to Hell

To everyone who has read this, and is waiting for a continuation!

I would like to apologize for the delay, seeing as my laptop died recently , and I lost all the work I had done on Part 4. I intend to rectify this, by having this done ASAP for your viewing pleasure.

Lt. Stroytov

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction