HeadQuarters- Main base of operations - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Giving is better than receiving, especially with grenades.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-26, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

HeadQuarters- Main base of operations

I think with the ability to own bases coming up in the next few patches, I think now would be a good time to pass a idea of a "HQ". A main base of operations for attacking a continent. With this in mind, I would like to address a earlier idea of the "Underground War Room".

I like the Idea, but the underground part I dont like. Instead of having it underground in a capital building lets have it instead on a base, just any old base (I.E. a AMP STATION or a BIO LAB). A base the Cr5's and Cr4's can agree that this is HQ, the main base of operations. To activate the HQ one CR5 goes to the security room control console and activates a vote that only CR4's and 5's can see and vote yes or no on this base becoming the HQ. IMO this would give alot of people the incentive they need to "TRY" and defend a base (well this base anyways ). If a base gets voted as HQ it should unlock a bottom level in the base that only CRs (no matter what CR) can go in too and plan there next move of attack. If the Nme can hack and secure the HQ they should be able to get a big EXP bonus for that. With the base becoming the HQ all its base defense weapons should be buffed just alittle (come on its the HQ it should automaticly be a tough egg to crack ).

P.s. Flame me, I dare u .
Old 2004-02-26, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

The 'Capitol building' which will be coming out when the continental dominion and capture thingy-ma-bobber will be something like this. It won't be a special room or a locked place, but the capitol building will be probably end up being the HQ for most operations, seeing as it is the most important base on the continent.
Old 2004-02-26, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe they could incorperate that with the capital buildings? I like the idea.

Old 2004-02-26, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Otherick
Sergeant Major

I agree they should add a room to Capitol buildings with this little room (though I think it should be underground. Safe from bombers, attacks and the hardest to break through, I mean this in rel life is where the presindent would be)
Old 2004-02-26, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

I dont wont the War Room to be underground (were the Nme cant get to u)just apart of the base that has to be hacked by the Nme to be opened. The idea were the room would be like its in Sancutary(weapons locked) is booty . Even in the Oval Office they can still fire there pistols .
Old 2004-02-26, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Definatly should be either underground or up on a perch, highly difficult to get into and have auto defenses of some kind, also protective spots to fire out of but not let fire in (you know, like the bunkers should do but dont)... but NOT impossible to break into. I also liked the idea from the war room having a hudge door u had to blow up not hack and it would be way stronger than a gen.

To add even more difficutly to this, if they placed this war room in captial buildings, why not throw the cc in there as well, thus making it rediculously hard to hack one but up the xp and cr gain to amazing hights if this is done.

I'm tired of following a zerg through a cont in about an hour, i think the majority of my time logged on should be a hard fight like that would pose. I dunno, maybe that would make it too hard and we'd just sit where we were but it'd be fun to find out.
Old 2004-02-26, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Batousai
I dont wont the War Room to be underground (were the Nme cant get to u)just apart of the base that has to be hacked by the Nme to be opened. The idea were the room would be like its in Sancutary(weapons locked) is booty . Even in the Oval Office they can still fire there pistols .
The idea of a sanctuary type zone was to give commanders a place to run the battle and track progress to make real time adjustemnts without having to worry about enemy troops and or a bored CR who decides it's funny to knife everyone hooked into a terminal fretting over the maps and battle plans.

The idea was originally taken from how RTS games work... the controlling player is not represented by anything on the battlefield... he is just a controlling force looking down and issuing orders...

So I was thinking of a way to have this kind of thing in PS. Where one or a small handful of players control the battle plans and the other players do the fighting... of course they can choose to not obey orders... so there would need to be bonus incentives like mild exp rewards for obeying...etc..

For the commanders they would need a highly interactive interface to simplify control and make it fun/interesting. While the players would need incentives and their own simple but effective reporting interface to report back to command...

This would facilitate continental force control rather than just squad/platoon and or the occasional Outfit sized force...

The grand dream of course is to replace the mindless instant action type zerg with something that is both organized, effective, and most of all... FUN
Old 2004-02-26, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Marsman
Major

Sanc does seem the place for this sort of thing to occur. As I mentioned in another thread, there should be equal information in Sanc for non-command players to view the current orders from the CRs, understand whats been going on for the last few hours, and get up to speed with the current state of the war. Would be a big help for new players to understand what and where they need to go, plus a huge help to veteran players looking to apply their squad/outfits abilities with troops, equipment, or tactics. Instant action is fine for typical FPS player, but this is a perpetual war and should have ways for the players to jump in and make an intelligent choice.
Old 2004-02-26, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

I agree with mars and ash 110% if for no other reason than mars has the second coolest voice. Second only to wags. (I really do think this is a good idea though)
Old 2004-02-26, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

the underground thing shuold be at an interlink facility.
Old 2004-02-26, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

i think this command room shouold only hold 5 cr 4-5s when a base with the command room is hacked then there would be a vot among all squad leaders of people of CR2 and above that are leading a squad(also more incetive for high CR's to actually lead squads) to see which 5 are let in.

I can say how excatly this would work but once the kinks of how to pick the 5 get done then the people that were picked get to run the cont like they were running a squad. Together they pick one head leader or somethign then begin get a whole bunch of commander options such as the ability to talk to just CR(any rank or all ranks other than 0 of course) or to talk to every squad leader. They can get a list of all squads on the cont then us tehm to command the mission.

Any one CR can only stay a "Cont Commander" for 3-5 hours(?) before they are kicked and a new batch is brought in. Then they have to wati another 5 hours to get the spot again(unless there are not enough CR4-5 on the cont to fill it up).

I also beleive there should be a world command group. These people can stay for a long time but if enough people say 30% of pop doesnt like what they are doing they can call for a recall. DOnt know hwo that would work so dont ask.

CR5's lose they ability for Globals and Cont talking. This would be teh reverted to the commadn group
Old 2004-02-26, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Slev1822
Private

agreed

Old 2004-02-28, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

i hate when threads die
Old 2004-02-28, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Jordash01
Private