Home Continents - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: we're always here, unless we're gone
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-26, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
TheN00b
Colonel

Home Continents

Now, I don't know if I'm just a relatively old fogie who doesn't like seeing traditions die, but I feel kind of upset that the home continents will be leaving us soon . Now, I know that that is to promote empires fighting on more than three continents, but I don't like the thought of having no home ground besides the Sanctuary. Therefore, I propose that each Empire would be left with one home continent and two shifting warpgates: That will keep Home Conts but also promote diversity. Comments?
Old 2004-02-26, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rayder
General

Misc Info

No, home continents are evil, especially with the VS CR5s, all they do is spam "Oshur is under attack! Get back there now!" even though we're about to push someone off of their cont.
Old 2004-02-26, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MidnightDave
Contributor
Master Sergeant

I agree with noob I dont want to see home cont's go, I love the idea of capitol buildings but down with the broadcast warpgates. but your idea would work noob

Last edited by MidnightDave; 2004-02-26 at 08:44 PM.
Old 2004-02-26, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I think they are only going to have two warpgates per continent (maybe I read it wrong, someone correct me, and I'm not counting geowarps). Also, once you own the capitol, then the link is stabalized (meaning it becomes your home unless the enemy gets the capitol). So, if your linked to a cont you really like, your empire just needs to keep the capitol and you keep the link stabalized. This is really going to make a true "front lines" of battle (and force more use of caverns). If you keep the caverns controlled, then the only way in is by the one unconnected warpgate. That becomes the front lines, and you can conentrate your forces without worrying about the rear. You can then truly project the fight to the enemy. Since sanc will be down to two warps as well, you only have to fight on two fronts (and the caverns). Should be really interesting. I can see it becoming a contest to see how long you can hold your newly selected "home" continent. Only downside to this, is those midnight ghost hacks. Can you imagine how pissed folks will be if you have one empire decide to field a large number of troops during an off-peak hour, with the express purpose of locking the world. Would really suck trying to battle back from that one.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-02-26, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EarlyDawn
Major General

Guys, randomizing warpgates were canned quite a while ago. Breathe easy.
Old 2004-02-26, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I want to keep cyssor a home cont but its ok if they go i guess, asl ong as i get to fight on cyssor alot

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-26, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MidnightDave
Contributor
Master Sergeant

ill fight u there rbstr its not a TR home cont but dang I love fighting on it.
Old 2004-02-26, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EarlyDawn
Guys, randomizing warpgates were canned quite a while ago. Breathe easy.
Dude, if you have that link post it. According to the last thing I saw, they were still going to randomize the links (unless you owned the capitol, then your links home are stable).

Old 2004-02-26, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
EarlyDawn
Major General

Observe Smoke's Posts
Old 2004-02-26, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I will be glad to see home continents go. No more..."Retreat now! The fight is pointless here! we must defend the 3 towers that just turned blue on Ish!" That usually comes up mid way through invading a continent.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-02-26, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Fuggen vanu can have ish for all I care.
Old 2004-02-27, 06:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Dynamic warpgates are STILL on the table folks:

Quotes from smokejumper:
"We held back on the dynamic warpgates simply because it was a solution that didn't *need* to occur...and because it's quite simple to implement it later, if we decide it's needed/desired.

I asked to hold the Dynamic Warpgates back because we were doing too many other large changes at the same time, and I wanted time to assess their impact further before making yet another drastic change. Dynamic Warpgates were less of a positive change for the game than Capitols and Broadcast Warpgates, so we're holding back on it."

and

"NOTHING is every really dead. It's just that other stuff becomes higher priority. We'll take a look at the gameflow of the continents AFTER we implement Capitols and such and determine if the Dynamic Links are needed or not."

Basically, if your against this idea, keep up the pressure. The way patches are flowing now, this could see the light of day in the next few months.

Old 2004-02-27, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I wouldn't mind ditching the home continents.

After having to fight on Cyssor for 10-15 days out of a month since retail release it gets a little old.

I really like Amerish, but as NC rarely go there.
Old 2004-02-27, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
Fuggen vanu can have ish for all I care.
They sure can peace im so tired of fighting there.
Old 2004-02-27, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Marsman
Major

Folks, with broadcast warpgates, we aren't loosing Home continents, we are getting to pick Home continents - when you capture a capitol, that continent becomes a home continent in that it's directly accessable from Sanc. It's just that they are no longer fixed for each empire anymore. Nothing says you can't defend your favorite continent like it was a "home". You have far more options with this system. You could have 6 home continents if you can capture the capitols and keep them defended. Many are sick of defending the same place over and over, now you get to defend the continent of your choice with all the same benifits of the former "home" continent.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion