Mini-Rant - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Righteous
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-28, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Mini-Rant

While playing VS on Emerald tonight I got owned several times in a row by the NC player "SGSwift". He is good to be sure, but he is one of those guys who somehow always manages to surge-o-port all over the screen really badly and very consistantly. Some people who surge you can actually fight, others warp like lunitics and you can't really return fire. You just have to try and guess their location and spam that area.

I finally gunned him down after about 6 or 7 tries by just firing where I knew he had to be and not where I actually saw him.

Fortunately SGSwift is the only NC on Emerald with this "Gift" that i've seen consistantly have this ability... on Markov there used to be several such as "XeonProc", "lllSilencerlll", "SaPhiRe", etc... You just can't fight these guys because they are effectively surging agile cloakers with jackhammers... except that darklight won't help you see them...

The later on in a tower battle I step outside to be killed by "TheDarkSlayer" a TR player with an invisible Reaver... no sound, no graphic, just massive damage and death when you step outside... It's nothing the TR player did, it's just PS lag as usual on a busy night...

After being annoyed by PS lag issues I made a huge mistake. I loaded up Quake 3 Arena and played a few games of Capture the Flag on a server that I ping well to.

OMG it felt good to have things like aim and skill be a factor in a fight again... the faster paced action and pin point accuracy of the weapons was a nice change from PS. No retarded COF and no surge-o-portation/low FPS server-side lag. Just a fast pace test of tactical skill. Of course then I miss the vehicular and superior team-play aspects of PS... so both games leave me... unsatisfied...

Man, only if PS was as playable as Q3A... Or Q3A had the depth of PS... but, sadly the technology is just not here yet...
Old 2004-02-28, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I feel the same way every time I point a gun in the direction of someone from Ahriman Corps. Almost all of them are better than me anyway.

I'm not trying to insult their skill level, but I don't think I've run around a corner and seen them NOT surging around like mad. I usually lose by 1 shot in sweeper battles with them, since I don't have the twitch enough to adjust my aim when ANYONE I'm fighting warps on the screen six inches to the right.

Last edited by WritheNC; 2004-02-28 at 03:54 AM.
Old 2004-02-28, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Only person I see do it consistantly is bigmacattack, even then its not too hard to trace him.

Apparantly I do it fairly regularly too, don't ask me how though...
Old 2004-02-28, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

Tired of PS vote with your dollars........thats all I have to say.
Old 2004-02-28, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Acaila
First Lieutenant

You have to trade a certain amount of reliability for bandwidth conservation, unfortunately. There is some VS on Markov named like Siphic or something that warps so bad I was thinking speed hack, never seen anything like it, the guy was impossible to track in a tower, had good aim aswell. He would appear, fly around for 4 seconds through walls, the roof, up and down flights of stairs and it was just like fuck, there goes half my squad.
Old 2004-02-28, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

We all have seen SGswift port around, just deal with it, stfu, and kill him. He's a really cool guy and just talk to him, he might acually explain to you why this happens and he isn't banned.

Talk to the guy without calling him a cheater before you rant on him.

Old 2004-02-28, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SilverLord
We all have seen SGswift port around, just deal with it, stfu, and kill him. He's a really cool guy and just talk to him, he might acually explain to you why this happens and he isn't banned.

He didnt call him a cheater...

Anyway, I can do pretty ok in my rexo-gauss against these guys, but maybe I am a warper too.
Old 2004-02-28, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BDMJ
First Sergeant

AC warps alot too. Arakiel in particular. It is more noticable for him because he didn't used to warp like that.
Old 2004-02-28, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SilverLord

I apologize if it sounded like I was accusing anyone of anything. I�ve just noticed that some specific players have a knack of always treating you to a lagged or bugged experience every time you engage them in a fight. I dunno if it has something to do with their PC, bandwidth, combination of the two, or whatever. All I know is some people you just can�t fight because of a persistent glitch.

Anyway, as I mentioned in another post� I conservatively estimate that about 30% of my deaths in PS are due to some type of lag related glitch in game play. Likewise many of the players I waste I�m sure lagged in some way. I just rarely get the feeling that I had a good clean fight and that the best player won. As time goes on I�m finding this less and less acceptable.
Old 2004-02-28, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

lmao speak of the devil. last night i owned him and stole his Gauss. he was worse with the JH though. ( i was NC, was a br19 cr3 so i can talk). hes a good player a killing him is kinda like some you go yay i killed : : but nothing much besides that. oh and ash nice job killing me like 4 times one night with that lasher that you lub.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-02-28, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I hope the stench of Raph Koster doesn't pollute this game.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-29, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Unknown
First Sergeant

Hehe, I was fighting some SG last night (anyone else notice how they go to continents where the TR and VS are fighting and harrass the VS? They might do it to the TR too, wouldn't know, but twice in as many days I saw them doing disruption tactics against the VS who were fighting the TR). It was on the northern part of Forseral (while VS was tied up at Caer against the TR), and they were mostly in aircraft (not sure where they were getting them, they had no bases. Jacked or hacked them out of our bases I suppose), and I pretty much suck when it comes to flying against these guys. I'm normally an....average pilot. I don't profess to be anything more, so when I go against these 'l33t' pilots I consistantly get owned, but just about everyone else I can usually handle in a fair fight.

Anyhow, I was using my secondary character "Meandering" and was helping to stop them with a few others, occasionally attempting to dogfight them, though mostly engaging them air to ground, or ground to air (Lancer can finally shoot down aircraft consistantly now, yay!). After we finally got them off the cont I was at the Dropship center about to get a new aircraft and head south when I saw someone heading to the air terminal on radar. I assumed it was a cloaker and I pulled out my AMP (had my Lancer in my rifle slot) and waited for him to arrive at the door, when who but SGSwift burst through the door with a sweeper! Scared the crap out of me, but I wasn't about to go down with a fight, so I futilely (or so I thought) fired my AMP blindly at him. After strafing around randomly and keeping my finger on my trigger and crosshairs on him...I won (with about 25 health and no armor to spare). He sent me a tell claiming he was tired...I responded that he must have been or I wouldn't have stood a chance hehe. Had a good laugh about that one. Only time I have ever beaten SGSwift one on one that I can remember.
Old 2004-03-01, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Alot of good players like swift go around to continents where the other two empires are fighting and cap a tower and play tower power, see how long they can hold it before they get kicked off.

Old 2004-03-01, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Doing what SGSwift did is really easy. Using surge to warp is not a hack or anything you just have to do a certain thing to warp around which I won't post here. Now less and less peopel are using that.
Old 2004-03-01, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by 321
you just have to do a certain thing
Now...321 = exploiter.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion