Fallen Heroes Charity Alert: This Memorial Day Weekend - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ADA Warning: Do not floss teeth with PlanetSide CD.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-05-22, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Frackenstein
Private

Re: Fallen Heroes Charity Alert: This Memorial Day Weekend

Battlegroup Mattherson specially as a TR is always a challenge. Seems like more often then not we are out numbered at least 2-1. And its the cooperation of the TR outfits on Mattherson that more often the not that pulls our butts out of the fire for a win. Honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. Facing those challenges with my TR brethren watching my back, whether its with my BWC brothers and sisters, the 903rd, AOD, or the common zerg makes playing on Mattherson even more so enjoyable.
Old 2014-05-22, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Johnde
Private

First started PS2 as an individual during Beta, I wasn't able to stay in the game due to a bad graphics card. When I came to BWC in January I was in awe how these people worked together as a team. Then during one of my first ops several other groups showed up to help. Later I spoke to a fellow BWC member and was informed that we had called in other outfits that were part of the Mattherson Battle Group. Something I didn't realize existed. It changed my whole perspective on PS2. Not only were we BWC but we belonged to a larger group.
Old 2014-05-22, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Gardanis
Private

Day 2: How has playing as part of Battlegroup Mattherson changed your PlanetSide 2 experience?

Battlegroup Mattherson:I have been with BWC over a year.I played MWO at first.When I tried PS2 with BWC Battlegroup Mattherson it was a blast.Yes were are most of the time out numbered.But that's were BWC shines we come together and kick butt.We also have great allies in game.I have had so much fun and feel honored the be part of BWC and Battlegroup Mattherson.

http://ptgb.org/

Last edited by Gardanis; 2014-05-23 at 01:06 PM.
Old 2014-05-22, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Mungo
Private

How has being part of Battlegroup Mattherson changed your PlanetSide 2 experience?

The greater level of communications between the TR faction has allowed a co-operation that is unsurpassed and has meant we have gotten so much more achieved on an average operation night.

The organisation and tactical advantage that comes with this setup has meant the maneuvering on the battlefield has increased the fun we have and means the fights often come to us as we push forward.

I feel that I enjoy the game more and when the big fights come to fruition I have increased my skill level because the best of the other factions always end up in our sphere of influence, and the fights that go down always keep you thinking and pushing on to keep that fighting going.
Old 2014-05-22, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Johnde
Private

>>>----->Would You Like To Know More ?<-----<<<

Last edited by Johnde; 2014-05-22 at 06:07 PM.
Old 2014-05-22, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Avaleon
Private

Imagine over 120+ people operating like precise instruments in a greater machine. Looking at the strategic map every ten minutes and watching the red overtake the map. That has been my experience while playing within battlegroup Mattherson. Though this alliance, I have met and befriended not only folks from other TR outfits like 903rd but even some (gasp!)NC and VS folks. I've met and consider many of these people great friends. I've even hopped onto some of their TeamSpeak/Ventrillo servers to shoot the breeze after Alerts and such. We have a great community of players here.
Old 2014-05-22, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
TAHU
Private

I love the scale of PS2, the sheer size is just amazing. BWC is awesome at it can respond to most events on the server, now combine that with allies helping us out in some of the biggest fights is simply all shades of awesome. I have been deployed on Joint Ops with our allies and its very reassuring to our allies storming a building to take a point while we do that exact same thing on another.Although we are allies we do push each other to higher feats of glory which further improves our own skills.
Old 2014-05-22, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
ReactionShot
Private

Battlegroup Mattherson gave the Terran Republic a stronger foothold on Mattherson, while building an alliance with other communities in and out of game. This alliance helped us meet new gamers and different perspectives of the game. This has changed the way we play and encouraged teamwork above all. So with Battlegroup Mattherson's creation, I have experienced much more teamwork and excitement to see larger numbers and alliances working together on common goals.
Old 2014-05-22, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
CitizenGeronimo
Private

Battlegroup Mattherson changed my PS2 experience. Overall the Battlegroup dominates alerts with essential coordination and providing me with awesome playing experiences.
Old 2014-05-22, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Johnde
Private

Would You Like To Know More? <-----<<<
Old 2014-05-22, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Carivana
Private

The combined forces of BattleGroup Mattherson are definitely going to make this weekend marathon into a huge fight. I thought we were able to accomplish a modest amount on a continent in just a BWC operation—until I hopped on for a Joint Op one night after we started working with BattleGroup Mattherson. Being able to send reinforcements and communicate more quickly with the other TR outfits has made any joint op nights into evenings where we can actually accomplish way more than we ever did before.

A whole weekend with all of BGM activated is going to mean way more and way bigger fights, so it’s a great time to make a TR character if you haven’t before.
Old 2014-05-23, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Gardanis
Private

Day 3: What do you think makes Intrepid Fallen Heroes good enough to unite the warring factions of Auraxis?

Well just take a look http://www.fallenheroesfund.org/home.aspx.How can anyone not want to come together for something as great as helping this cause.We don't want to forget these men a women for what they did for our country.We play PS2 for fun but they were not playing.It was real for them.There was no re spawn.So lets come together and help these great men and women.BWC helps many causes.This is just one.We are a great group of people that help others.O yea we also play video games together check us out. http://the-bwc.com/

http://ptgb.org/

Last edited by Gardanis; 2014-05-23 at 01:32 PM.
Old 2014-05-23, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Mungo
Private

Why is charity good enough to unite the warring factions of Auraxis?

Charity in itself is as good a reward as any to bring people together, countless tales throughout history tell of sworn enemies helping injured rivals or ceasing hostilities for a worthy event.

I feel when you are paying back people who risked everything to make our lives better or lost everything because of untold atrocities or disasters; this is what can break down boundaries and set about a monumental event that will make others think twice about the way they game, and how they give back to not just their local community but the worldwide community as a whole.

The people that benefit from both charities are not just those affected by the events that need our assistance but you yourselves, it will open your eyes to the world around you and make you strive for a better tomorrow.

Charity Links:
Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund
International Rescue Committee
Play To Give Back

Last edited by Mungo; 2014-05-23 at 02:38 PM.
Old 2014-05-23, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
dttuner
Private

Fallen Heroes is there to help the men and women who have sacrificed for our freedom, safety and values. Fallen Heroes is a beacon of light for those we love and honor. I can't think of anything more powerful than reaching out and giving a helping hand to those who need it. Meeting each other on the battlefield is always a blast... but now our past time has become more than just fun. Our gaming now makes superior care for our veterans a reality. Breath it in folks. Feel proud in knowing you are helping. Thank you.
Old 2014-05-23, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Johnde
Private

Fallen Heroes is a worthwhile org. that helps the men and women of our armed forces who gave all they had in order to instill our way of life, Democracy and freedom to all who want it. All types of people, no matter what backgrounds, will come together for a good cause. Coming together for a cause like Fallen Heros is more than enough to over look the game and join together for the benefit of our Veterans in need. If Fallen Heros isn't good enough to bring us all together, I couldn't tell you what would.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion