Damn, improvements galore - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because idle hands do the devil's work!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-20, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

How can you possibly say that the NC MAX's suck. Their special ability isn't the best, but it isn't the worst either. I mean, as far as I can tell, the TR MAX's are the ONLY MAX's with a special ability that actually gives them a DISADVANTAGE. (Ok, the VS MAX's suffer a slight CoF bloom, give me a break). NC cannot claim worst of anything.

ScatterCannon: This is the best AI MAX in the game. Hands Down. You don't think so, your'e wrong. Currently (before the MAX Armor upgrade), it is the only MAX with a lower TTK on a rexo than a rexo with a decimator's ttk on a MAX. Also, these MAX's function well against AV (which is absurd).

NC AV MAX (I currently forget what it's called): As of RIGHT NOW, all of the AV MAX's suck the cock. This isn't the best AV MAX (Comet is the best, it can be used as a support Anti-MAX and Anti-Personnel), but it isn't the worst either.

Falcon: While, once again, not the best, it's not the worst either.

JackHammer: You seriously think this is "on par" with the MCG? Remember, the purpose of ALL HA weapons is combat below the range of about 5 meters. So in a duel against an MCG or Lasher, the JackHammer has a lower TTK than either of them, so that means JackHammer wins. The MCG and Lasher have other uses (MCG has a longer range and the Lasher can be used for suppressing), but that's not the true point of Heavy Assault.

Gauss: All of the MA are fairly balanced.

Thunderer: Yeah, right, like I have to say anything.

Vanguard: If you seriously believe this isn't the best tank... well, I don't know what to say.

Enforcer: Lightyears ahead of the other two buggies. Insta-gibs agiles and leaves rexo's with 5 hitpoints.

Pheonix: While the NC can bitch and moan all they want about how "it's ability is useless in actual combat", it serves it's purpose. This is the ONLY weapon which allows the user to fire from COMPLETE cover, and hit targets. Also, the disadvantage of "not being able to be used at close combat" was negated when dumb fire was added. Basically, it's a decimator which you have to reload every shot after.
Old 2004-07-20, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
EarlyDawn
Major General

Chewy, I salute you.
Old 2004-07-20, 12:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
KeviN
First Sergeant

Alright, I play NC and I have to admit that those buffs were definately needed to bring the other two empires up to par, but for God's sake, stop calling the JH an insta-gib weapon.

The triple shot only kill agiles from with about 3-4 meters, and with the usual lag, it's not that easy to hit a moving target, unless you're camping and watching around a corner in third person (Sidenote: Whenever you think an enemy is in the area using this tactic, it never hurts to use third person yourself, or toss a plasma grenade around the corner).

So, if someone does get triple shotted, it's likely they were sniping or crouched up on a hill somewhere and got snuck up on. Chances are, the JH user could have killed you just as easily with single shots, and any other empires' HA would be able to do the same.

But, if you do get killed by the triple shot in the middle of combat; tough shit, don't run towards people with shotguns.
Old 2004-07-20, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
I Hate Pants
General

Originally Posted by KeviN
But, if you do get killed by the triple shot in the middle of combat; tough shit, don't run towards people with shotguns.
I tried my best not to run into the path of those countless surging jh n00bs coming straight at me.
Old 2004-07-20, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
EarlyDawn
Major General

It's pretty difficult to not rush guys with shotguns when they're holding the CC and said CC happens tobe indoors.
Old 2004-07-20, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
KeviN
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EarlyDawn
It's pretty difficult to not rush guys with shotguns when they're holding the CC and said CC happens tobe indoors.
<3 Thumper
Old 2004-07-20, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

JH users camping is easily countered with special assault. Or even a Maels set on the grenade mode, kill all of em. Or hell, even lob grenades in there, and when they come out, take out your HA and take them out.

Generally, one does not take on a CC gaurded with JH users ALONE. And plus, in a base, just use broadcast and organize a simple rush.

There are some tasks that you will find near impossible to take on, and others you will find to be easily completed. Hence the importance of your certifications.

For instance, you will often find me sniping on a hill. Let us suppose you have HA assault. I would be able to take at least half of your health away before you even hit me. It would only be a matter of time before I hit you a second time. Thus, going head to head with a sniper is insane because death is almost gaurenteed.

But if you were a claoker, it would be a different story now wouldn't it. You could easily sneak up behind me and goat me in the ass with your knife huh.

For the record, I carry HA with me as well for cloakers and/or grunts who get too close. So don't try it =D.

Not only that but your implant choice is also important. I find that JH users often have PS on when they're attacking me. I think it's cheap, of course, but I deal with it by taking satisfaction in the fact that ultimately, this person will be dead, and I will have served my empire.

Oh I also have DL for all your lovely cloakers out there who love to go after snipers. Though I havn't met many of you yet.

Conclusion: Pick your fights, use the tools which you are given, and use them to their fullest potential, in the end, you will be the winner.
Old 2004-07-20, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
KeviN
First Sergeant

^Best post evar^
Old 2004-07-20, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
EarlyDawn
Major General

Well said, but we all know when the CC needs to be rushed, there's often little time to find someone with the correct certifications.
Old 2004-07-20, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
KeviN
First Sergeant

Then grab a couple plasmas and toss them in, wait about 5-10 seconds so they will all likely start to heal, then go blow their BANK and Med App asses back to v1.0
Old 2004-07-20, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

If there's one thing about Planetside I love/hate it's that sheer number will always conquer the best armed of soldiers. 5 people gaurding a CC will never outlast a CC storm of 9 people.

Or what you could do is have someone throw a jammer into the CC, have 2 cloakers run in, plant boomers, run out, and BANG!

Hence why a 5 man MAX crash cannot retake a tower with 35+ enemy soldiers. Trust me, I've tried.

If sheer number is not enough, then you need some creativity. THe possibilities are endless and at that time and place you only see one. Learn to review multiple possibilites (quickly) and do the best with the resources you are given.

By the way, WE NEED MORE ORGANIZED SQUADS.

Last edited by Meursault00; 2004-07-20 at 01:53 AM.
Old 2004-07-20, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
KeviN
First Sergeant

Pfft Meur, you've clearly never had to fight against the Enclave.
Old 2004-07-20, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

Well I spend most of my time on Markov, I'm not familiar with the outfit, but they sound deadly. I'm pretty sure they have deadly tactics as well.

Let me put it this way though, you will not often see organized people like that, and even then they can still only take on so many troops. Think about it, they have to reload then they run out of ammo, if they aren't careful, they could all be caught with their pants down. Caught with their pants down, they become an oppotune target for rushing.

Plus, if someone is holding the CC, I'm pretty damn sure a sizeable force will be trying to retake the CC because a hack = check (chess)

Last edited by Meursault00; 2004-07-20 at 02:00 AM.
Old 2004-07-20, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
KeviN
First Sergeant

Enclave doesn't wear any pants
Old 2004-07-20, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

My eyes! They burn! We should get back on topic before we get flamed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion