Love how populations work now - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Take me to your leader
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-10, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Seer
Major

Sorry, I apologize. I'm on defense all the time, and it used to be that my time in ps consisted of being brutally crushed by waves and waves of enemies. Now that they can't lock out defenders and are forced to a reasonable size themselves, the game is actually enjoyable.

It makes me pretty mad to hear people talk about stalemates, since that is not the game's fault. What we got with this fix is the chance to fight fairly, and if the forces are stalemating then, as Marsman stated, something needs to change on a player level. This is fantastic.

Secondly, I don't think they really know what a stalemate is. It's been more difficult and has taken more time, but I've seen plenty of entrenched defenders pushed back, plenty of continents change hands, and plenty of innovative, previously neglected strategies be successful. Mostly they were used against me, but I can even respect that.

I think it makes the game a more rewarding experience. Forces can still be overwhelmed by superior numbers, but they can't be unfairly locked out from reinforcing themselves. Previously the game moved quicker, but one side was usually having to bend over because of game mechanics.

I do agree that CEP needs to be looked at.

Last edited by Seer; 2004-02-10 at 03:00 PM.
Old 2004-02-10, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
XxXMaRiNeXxX
Staff Sergeant

I've always thought the HART should leave at any time, but you could only take it once every 10 minutes or so. That way, rather then recalling and having to wait the timer to get in, you hop right in, assuming its been atleast ten minutes or more since your last drop. And Yeah, you should only be able to drop by friendly SOI's
Old 2004-02-10, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
KIAsan
First Sergeant

OMG, some of these HART ideas are the best new ideas I have seen in months. Please, please, please post your ideas to the official forumns (maybe a joint PSU sponsored link, so we can all go there and back you up). If the hart only allowed you to drop into friendly SOI's, that would create the front lines they always talk about and make GALs golden. The CR5 call for reinforcements would be excellant. As well as a new portable Hart beacon. BTW, you handle the SOI drops by making a few HART beacon pads in the base. That way, if the base is hacked or gen is blown, the beacons are off-line. Then you could eliminate the HART timer completely! This really would put a new breath of life into the game!!!

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion