Lasher!!!!!!! - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pimps Sporting Umbrellas
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-25, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Lash-behind bug... are you guys saying there are vanu grunts running backwards while shooting their weapons in the direction opposite of the advancing enemy in order to capitalize on this bug? Words cannot express my amazement or my sardonicism.
Old 2004-02-25, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
TheN00b
Colonel

Words cannot express my amazement or my sardonicism.
They just did .
Old 2004-02-25, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

"Look out my fellow soldiers! It is those naughty Vanu capitalizing upon the lash-behind bug! OOOH! OOOH!"
Old 2004-02-26, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
Predator21
Private

-edit- Deleted

nvm me

Last edited by Predator21; 2004-02-26 at 07:54 AM.
Old 2004-02-26, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Gigabein
Lash-behind bug... are you guys saying there are vanu grunts running backwards while shooting their weapons in the direction opposite of the advancing enemy in order to capitalize on this bug? Words cannot express my amazement or my sardonicism.
I got killed last night while I was knifing a lasher user. He was facing the complete opposite direction and the lash damage killed me before I could get in a second stab. You're right, that bug doesn't hurt a thing.
Old 2004-02-26, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Bokuden
Contributor
Private

Originally Posted by Madcow
I got killed last night while I was knifing a lasher user. He was facing the complete opposite direction and the lash damage killed me before I could get in a second stab. You're right, that bug doesn't hurt a thing.
afaik it takes 18 orbs (rexo) to get killed just cause of the lash-dmg - so if you're to slow to kill a grunt when you're behind him in this time.......
a tip - try it with a gun and put that knife away ...

the lasher's strong atm but it seems stronger then it is - vanu's got so many new players in the last days and all of em are using the lasher.... once there was the same thing with the JH.... don't worry too much guys - there's gonne be a fix = nerf ?! soon i think.....

but i love my lasher .... saturday night-fever night-fever lalalala DISCO-INFERNO

Last edited by Bokuden; 2004-02-26 at 09:14 AM.
Old 2004-02-26, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Bokuden
afaik it takes 18 orbs (rexo) to get killed just cause of the lash-dmg - so if you're to slow to kill a grunt when you're behind him in this time.......
a tip - try it with a gun and put that knife away ...
And I happened to be in an infil suit trying not to make too much commotion behind enemy lines. It takes all of 2 stabs to kill the guy, and without him even firing at me I don't have enough time to do that? So thanks for the tip, but it's completely irrelevant.
Old 2004-02-26, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

The lash behind bug WILL be fixed, rest assured, just pick up a repeater until then infil guy if your on markhov and not TR we could arange a little weapon exchange program
Old 2004-02-26, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Screw the repeater, it is shite now. Use the Spiker and never look back.

The reason that the Lasher is a problem is because it kills people behind corners in direct fire method. Take your 18 orbs and put 4 guys at the top of a staircase or coming down a hallway. Now you have roughly 4.5 orbs just to kill someone with splash around the corner. Now combine that with the rate of fire from the lasher and you have a problem. A very serious problem. Suppression fire is one thing, killing around corners is something completely different. Killing people around corners thus far in Planetside has been ballanced by limiting it to grenade based weapons and each suffers a huge penalty in direct fire.

This needs to be tuned back into reasonable range and it needs to be done now
Old 2004-02-26, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Lash damage is minimal but I see where your coming from.

It will never change though.

Old 2004-02-26, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Well, the reason it is more of a problem now than before is for 2 reasons.

1) The population in Planetside that likes overpowerd weapons moves like migrating birds. It is so obvious from the stats that is actually amusing. This time they flooded to VS
2) The extra 5 rounds per clip increased suppression fire dramatically.

I cant recall masses of people complaining about the lasher before saying that the clip was horrible. It also seemed that most people in the game were happy with its performance both on the recieving end and on the dishing out end. That is why this change is so frustrating for people and indeed, wierd. There is no rhym or reason to it. It just appears that the Devs just arbitrarily felt like buffing the lasher.
Old 2004-02-26, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

Screw the repeater, it is shite now. Use the Spiker and never look back.

I dont want to pay $30 for something that I have to take an hour out of my playtime to get to the surface, and then lose it because the zerg overruns us

and the repeater is not shit I still kill just as well with it now as I did before the armor buff, it just takes 1 or 2 more shots more than what it used to be which is like .3 of a second
Old 2004-02-26, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
Kayith
Private

I run up and start AMP'ing a Lasher spammer as a cloaker from the side, as I couldn't get behind him.

The lash, without actually getting hit by the ball, kills me in two seconds.

Perhaps it shouldn't lash until it's a few feet away from the firer? It would prevent such spamming.

One thing that would fix hallway disco-ball death sessions is if they made the lasher orb explode on impacting a grunt, instead of going through him and frying the fifty guys up the stairs away from him. You don't see TR chain gun rounds boreing through multiple people, and you don't see NC Jackhammer shots jumping from person to person.

The clip size, coupled with its RoF, coupled with the multiple bugs associated with it make it the overpowered beast it is. And every HA user knows it.

And you were talking about MAXs walking down the hallways, instead of REXO grunts? If a MAX can't survive for more than three seconds against two Agile Lasher spammers, he's not going to survive rushing at four of them lubing a hallway, and neither will the other four MAXs behind him who are getting raped by the bolts going through him.
Old 2004-02-26, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

and the repeater is not shit I still kill just as well with it now as I did before the armor buff, it just takes 1 or 2 more shots more than what it used to be which is like .3 of a second
No. It used to take 10 shots at point blank and now it takes 14. At 10 meters it takes even more and we only have a 20 round clip. Also its not .3 seconds more at point blant, its .7 and much more than that at 10m. As far as the Spiker, you can fill your locker with them and that will last you for days, but since you dont have Core Combat, then you dont even know what I am talking about. I bet if you actually had any experience with the Spiker you would change your tune
Old 2004-02-27, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Kayith
Private

Basically, AMP/Repeator for Agiles and Infiltrators, because they can run away quickly, and Knife/MeleeBooster for REXOs, because they're slow as Hell, and can't run.

AMP owns anything below REXO, and Knives own everything period.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion