Terran Armors up - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: <3
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-11, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Warborn
Vicariously, the stability of the entire race. Want to know what happens if the Vanu or NC were to win? Civil war, and given the rebirthing technology, it's likely that the war would last for years, and years, and decades, and centuries. And the presence of a challenge to the Republic would cause some to defect to whomever won on Auraxis, and then you'd have splinter groups breaking off and fighting their own war against the other groups. Etc etc. Planets would declare independence, and all the prosperity that was would be lost to the worst kind of war.

Part style, part effectiveness. The eyes are really the most important part, and I sort of doubt that the little visor the NC and VS have will stop a bullet anymore than your bare, unprotected face would. In fact, the lack of a visor would save you from having glass fragments embedded in your face if a bullet should hit you there. Naturally, your face will still be a bit scattered due to the bullet impact, but hey, it could be worse.
Alright, i'm sick of people saying whats realistic and whats not, there is no realism in this game, there arent even freaking headshots, you can put 10 bullets in a guys head and it'll do the exact same damage as if you put it in his foot. There are no skills, just massive sprayfests, and not even a little bit of combat realism.

There isnt even skill in taking down aircraft, for all the weapons require you to do is wait to lock on, and then pull the trigger.
Old 2003-01-11, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Camping Carl
Major

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-11, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Venoxile
Alright, i'm sick of people saying whats realistic and whats not, there is no realism in this game, there arent even freaking headshots, you can put 10 bullets in a guys head and it'll do the exact same damage as if you put it in his foot. There are no skills, just massive sprayfests, and not even a little bit of combat realism.

There isnt even skill in taking down aircraft, for all the weapons require you to do is wait to lock on, and then pull the trigger.

If you think you don't need skill then you'll love playing. As far as the damage model goes im not sure about that. I would thing that a headshot dosen't do the same damage as a shot in the leg.
Old 2003-01-11, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by {BOHICA}SpecialOpRanger
If you think you don't need skill then you'll love playing. As far as the damage model goes im not sure about that. I would thing that a headshot dosen't do the same damage as a shot in the leg.
they've already announced there will be no body part damage system. A footshot will do as much as a headshot.
It's the reason why i'm probably not going to get the game. I just hang around here hoping for them to change it.
Old 2003-01-11, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
The Prudential
Private

Venoxile, I've never heard that headshots don't do more damage. I think you got bogus information. Also, not all weapons lock on. Generally speaking only the most advanced anti-armor or aircraft weapons lock on. Some of the MAXes also lock on, but not all of them. The vast majority of weapons do no lock on.

As far as whether or not the game will have 'no skills' and just be a 'sprayfest', there's absolutely no one way you can say that with any sense of surety. The majority of the people on these boards have not played the game. I have no reason to believe you have so making accusations that the game will be a sprayfest and require no skills is simply ludicrous.

Also, I doubt you've been in combat, so how in the world would you know what combat realism is?
Old 2003-01-11, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Sputty
Banned

A spary fest would be pretty useless. Battles wil be huge and require acdcuracy even if there is no region specific damage.
Old 2003-01-11, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by The Prudential
Venoxile, I've never heard that headshots don't do more damage. I think you got bogus information. Also, not all weapons lock on. Generally speaking only the most advanced anti-armor or aircraft weapons lock on. Some of the MAXes also lock on, but not all of them. The vast majority of weapons do no lock on.

As far as whether or not the game will have 'no skills' and just be a 'sprayfest', there's absolutely no one way you can say that with any sense of surety. The majority of the people on these boards have not played the game. I have no reason to believe you have so making accusations that the game will be a sprayfest and require no skills is simply ludicrous.

Also, I doubt you've been in combat, so how in the world would you know what combat realism is?
Well, all i did was look at the facts.
First, the cone system will force players to stand still while firing if they want any hope of hitting anything. Second, Hamma has said to be i think twice that there is no body part damage system. Any shot anywhere will do equal damage, for they don't want hackers having advantages by designing aim bots.
This equals= People standing in a field spraying or bursting at eachother while standing still until one man of the people spraying at eachother dies, or a tank comes and blows one of them up.
In my opinion, the only way to have skills with each body part=same damage is the unreal tournament way, meaning perfect aim while moving, because this makes it much more difficult to hit runners. And would bring a lot more chaos to the game.
You'd also see more people charging eachother in battle, instead of people shooting at eachother from great distances because the man who stays at his post has the advantage of having a good aim over hte rusher.
Old 2003-01-11, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Camping Carl
Major

TR = commies
NC = hippies
VS = scum

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-11, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
CrazyMike
Sergeant

First, the cone system will force players to stand still while firing if they want any hope of hitting anything.
Not true. It depends on how they fine tune it. Yes it's possible you are correct, but if the devs handle it right there is no reason this can't work. Implemented correctly yes, there would be an advantage to standing still or crouching from a pure accuracy point of view. The trade off is YOU ARE STANDING STILL. I've played in plenty of games with a COF and there are times you should stand still and times when you sacrifice accuracy and keep moving.

CrazyMike
Old 2003-01-11, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Have you seen any of hte vids? They show that if you start moving at the fastest pace (holding down a or d or w or s) the cone will expand to very large and at practically any distance you have a 5% chance of hitting anything. And if you fire in bursts, or if you hold it down, the cone will get gigantic while moving.

Last edited by Venoxile; 2003-01-11 at 04:28 PM.
Old 2003-01-11, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Camping Carl
Major

I saw the dutch e3 vids, my god those weapons were innacurate! I sure hope they've fixed that!

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-11, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Doubt it... it's how the game was meant to be played. We can always ask Hamma though.
Old 2003-01-11, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Camping Carl
Major

Doubt it... it's how the game was meant to be played.
Stop it, you're scaring me!

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-11, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Camping Carl
Stop it, you're scaring me!
Yeah, I find it kinda ignorant that all these people are asking about the most complicated situations etc, when no one knows about the most basic shit in the game. Aka the aiming system, or about the body part damage system.
So far what they've shown us of the aiming system is horrendous, and what hamma has told me of the body part damage system is it doesnt exist.
Old 2003-01-11, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Why is the aiming system horrendous???

It is a cone of fire and the cone gets larger when you move, shoot, get shot and such. The cone gets smaller when you kneel. Different weapons will have different cones.

Whats wrong with that?

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion