My review of PS - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with real strawberries!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-04, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
TekDragon
Contributor

Go play tribes if you want tribes weapons. There is even a new version coming out next year.
Holy shitzu batman! Woot!!!

Man, if they released that game right now PS would fail instantly (assuming the Tribes devs dont decide to follow the SOE model of game development).

I cant wait!!
Old 2003-06-04, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

Hey Tek, lemme guess, you still play Tribes1 and haven't liked any other game since. Hmm?
Old 2003-06-04, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
starrider
First Lieutenant

do you even ead my posts????? im trying to back you upEDIT again talking to tek

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown
Old 2003-06-04, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Tek, if you don't like PS, don't play it, no reason to whine about how you don't like it here, so STFU and get ur whiny CS n00b ass out of here

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2003-06-04, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by TekDragon
Holy shitzu batman! Woot!!!

Man, if they released that game right now PS would fail instantly (assuming the Tribes devs dont decide to follow the SOE model of game development).

I cant wait!!
If they released it right now there would be a concept disk launcher, 20 sq feet of a map, and one textureless model, no bots, or anything, you fucktard

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2003-06-04, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

First, Starrider, how the fuck is that a metaphor?

Second, the disc launcher was the single lamest weapon ever put into a game.
Old 2003-06-04, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

/me agrees with Airlift, teh god of all stuff

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2003-06-04, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
starrider
First Lieutenant

i dont know anything about a disc luancher having never played that game, but i guess i used the wrong word it would be more of an example.

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

Old 2003-06-04, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
NightWalker XI
Colonel

Your making it sound like 5 base designs is something tragic, I don't mind, its just a bunch of walls, I still get lost sometimes in a Base if I don't use the map and they all nearly look the same, guess what, I don't care, the point of the game is not cosmetics, its fun and battle.
Old 2003-06-04, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
starrider
First Lieutenant

now we're getting somewhere.

you dont care thats there are only five bases good for you.

problem is that me and obviously tek too think that that is a problem.i like to see varitey. just the way i am. i also like to see variety in wepons like gamespot said "fureristic looking soldiers using now a days wepons." now you might not care, and honestly i dont care much about that part either but itis a bit farfetched doesnt it? over a thousand years and an interstealler empire is still useing lead to fight with? imo the vanu wepons are what is closer to what i think wepons will be like then. but bottom line is some people dont mind the lack of origanal base diesign as long as they can cap some people, on the other hand some people like base diversity and are sort of bored with out it.

Old 2003-06-04, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
NightWalker XI
Colonel

Portable rail guns, thats what the Gauss is, have you seen a current day rail gun? its the size of a frikkin bus!

Where does it say this is 1000 years into the future?

And by the way, tyhey are going to add new weapons in future up-dates, remember, they rpomised at least 1 up-date per month so I'm not worried
Old 2003-06-04, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
druski
Private

I'd have to agree with tek on the point about content. This game is fairly lacking at the moment. However, for those of you who are confused "content" in this context does not mean quests and pretty little fairies who dance around with pretty pretty flowers in their hair.

Content means weapons, maps, skins, vehicles, etc.

For those of you who think an mmofps is not supposed to have content I can design a great game for you... you log in and your a bodyless camera in a featuerless white space... forever. Thats no content.

I would like planetside to have more variety in its gameplay, after all this is what has equaled succesful long term games:

CS (probably the single most succesful online game ever, with a vast audience)
Tribes 1+2
EQ
UO

All of these games owe their success to a fairly constant flow of content, rich enough to create longevity for the game. Now whether you like any of these games or not, it is a fact that they succeeded (in terms of longevity and sustained player bases) because of content.

This is what I would love to see for planetside, and I think it will come down the line. They have simply made a couple early mistakse that make the worlds seem tiny, a bunch of scattered bases, because no one fights on the land inbetween because of the towers.

Because I think the game has potential, and because I enjoy it and want to see it succeed I will continue to pay my monthly fee for probably 3 or 4 months at the least. Even if I get to the point where I don't want to play it every day, I want to encourage the devs to push it farther.

In a side note, wouldn't it be smarter for fan boi's to demand that people who express doubt or dislike of the game STAY longer instead of going away and not playing? After all sony, as a company doesn't care about you personally, they care about you as a customer base, in agregate. The more paying players the better! So flamers, whiners, doubters alike! I challenge you! Play longer, pay longer!
Old 2003-06-04, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Franchize
Private

Tek, you convieniently sidestepped my main question, what are you comparing PS too, what other MMOG has had content additions two weeks after release? Because you are such an immature person, you could only resort to personal attacks by calling me a moron. I never called you an idiot. I called people who continue to complain while still paying idiots. I must have hit a nerve. Thanks to airlifts thread I saw a previous thread, and you have a history of immature and inflamatory posts, going so far as to flame people who are trying to help you resolve a computer issue, because you would much rather pull your hair out, whine and cry then accept helpful suggestions. If a game ever got me that frustrated I would simply return it.

As far as the cone of fire comments, I was simply stating that this system is in fact more realistic. I enjoy it, and I have had great success at it, you also brought it up first, and I was responding to it. I don't have an easily bruised ego like yourself, and when I die, I don't cry and throw a tantrum, because the other guy is so much better than me. No wonder you must not like the game, you must constantly be frustrated because you die so often.

You want sympathy but you alienate everyone. I feel a bit annoyed that I am responding to you, because I now realise that you are simply seeking attention. You have quickly resorted to name calling and personal attacks at people who simply disagree with you, but that's what you want, because as long as this thread runs, it makes you feel important. It is also easy to act so immature as you can safely remain anonymous in a forum.

Regardless, I will be releived when your free month is up and you return the game (remember, you promised!). That way we won't annoy you anymore, and you won't annoy us.

Last edited by Franchize; 2003-06-04 at 04:03 PM.
Old 2003-06-04, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
druski
Private

oh and by the way, if you think (night) that base layouts are purely cosmetic and have no impact on gameplay then you need to go back to Gamer school =) Base layouts IE levels or maps ARE a big chunk of gameplay. Would football be the same if it was played on a triangular shaped field with moving walls and mine fields?
Old 2003-06-04, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
NightWalker XI
Colonel

I know base layouts affect battles with different places for cover, different ways to move your troops etc but like I said before, its all down to the players how the battle happens, not the Bases or vehicles, those ar emerely a means of making it happen and sometimes they are not used, I think they shoudl encourage mroe outside of base battles, alot happens in bases or around bases nowadays, I like bridge battles
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion