SOE balancing TR MAXs! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: TR, big on guns, small on brains
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-05, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
ReneG8
Corporal

Originally posted by MilitantB0B
We aren't making the arguemnet that the TR MAX was at the same level as the rest, we where simply saying that SOE should have boosted VS and NC MAXs up to the TR level, instead they are going to nerf TR. Once you get on the nerf train, you can't get off before the end of the line. Now that they have given into whiners with nerfs (not balanceing through boosting the less powered) everything will go before the mighty nerf chopping block. It will be the vanguard, the jackhammer, the lancer, the striker, the Magrider, heck, they'll nerf everything if you give them enough time. i just hope the people SOE don't give into every stupid little whiny request from the general populace.
Well i agree with the point that the other maxes should be made stronger, than nerfing the TR ones.
But the point IM saying is, that people bitch about from what they get owned by. And people get owned by tr maxes. over and over again. So they do (legimatically (sp!?!)) ask themselves why.
Point is: When everyones complaining about the same issue, than there has to be a certain amount of truth in it, right ?
Old 2003-06-05, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Geezus people calm down, the sky isn't falling. They saw there were complaints and looked at the NUMBERS that show the TR max are too friggin good. Wait and see what the results are before blowing a friggin gasket.

I would have preferred to see VS max get a boost in clip size, but something had to be done about the overwhelming power of the TR max indoors. I think they should make the DC bullet do less health and more armor to make it more effective vs vehicles.
Old 2003-06-05, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

TR MAXs were slightly overpowered when compared to the other empire's MAXs. THis is not to say I agree with reducing the TR MAXs to bring them into balance rather than boosting the NC/VS. I would rather have seen boosts. That said I am glad they will be balanced in some way.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-06-05, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

EDIT: quote taken out of context

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-06-05, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by ReneG8
Point is: When everyones complaining about the same issue, than there has to be a certain amount of truth in it, right ?
"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
Friedrich Nietzsche

(not dissin on you reneG8, you gave me an opportunity to use a cool quote)

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-06-05, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Here is the problem with every threee sided game (I thought this out quite some time ago when I played DAoC, ugh.). The problem is that every side wants the other sides to be less powerfull. It is human nature to want to be the most powerfull guy on the block. Heres where the problem is, when you talk about nerfing 1 empire, the other 2 empires get on and complain while the 1 empire in question argues against it. This results in there being more posts against it then for it. As long as you are talking about nerfing 1 empire, instead of boosting the other 2 you will always be burried under an avalanche of complaints. The results are much better when you choose to build up the underused, underpowered things, instead of nerfing the slightly overpowered things.
Old 2003-06-05, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I do see that, Bob (not starrider ), but if everyone was buffed instead of nerfed we'd have insane numbers for the same playstyle. What do I mean by this? Well, Side A's MAXs are too strong? Pump up B's and C's. Side B's Med assault is too damn good? Pump up A's and C's. Side C's Tank pwnz all? Pump up Side A's and B's. What do you end up with? A game in which one's average life span is 20 seconds or a game where all numerical values are doubled to compensate. For example, (illusionary change - not real) since Striker damage was upped to 300 pts of damage from the prior 150, vehicles armor has been raised from 1000 to 2000. Trippy, eh? The numbers eventually get so high that when people talk about having 5 health left after a heated battle, it'd actually be 5k.

No, by far the better way to go is the nerf train. w00t w00t! All aboard!
Old 2003-06-05, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
delerium
Private

yah, I dont know about this, its kind of funny reading forums and they whine and cry. then i see a post TR is gonna whine about the nerf, what a bunch of babies TR is..... the max is more overpowered than the other maxs, i agree with that but the other empires also have advantages, which we dont complain about.
Old 2003-06-05, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by Zarparchior
I do see that, Bob (not starrider ), but if everyone was buffed instead of nerfed we'd have insane numbers for the same playstyle. What do I mean by this? Well, Side A's MAXs are too strong? Pump up B's and C's. Side B's Med assault is too damn good? Pump up A's and C's. Side C's Tank pwnz all? Pump up Side A's and B's. What do you end up with? A game in which one's average life span is 20 seconds or a game where all numerical values are doubled to compensate. For example, (illusionary change - not real) since Striker damage was upped to 300 pts of damage from the prior 150, vehicles armor has been raised from 1000 to 2000. Trippy, eh? The numbers eventually get so high that when people talk about having 5 health left after a heated battle, it'd actually be 5k.

No, by far the better way to go is the nerf train. w00t w00t! All aboard!
Well obviously, it has flaws to. Everything in moderation, if SOE will keep that in mind, we will do fine.
Old 2003-06-05, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I believe that is the goal everyone shoots for, is it not? Perfect balance?

Well... maybe not SOE, but still...
Old 2003-06-05, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Arrg - this is the kinds stuff that makes me mad. I'll agree that the TR max's are over powered a bit. I'll be dropping the max cert soon too (cause it's not really that good- I can kill more guys in reinforced or with a lighting than I can a max anyway).

I hate how he says he knows the TR max is better than the others, so they are bringing it in line with them. WHY NOT BRING THEM IN LINE WITH THE TR MAX? Instead of nerfing, upgrade the others. I just don't get it.

When I can one hit kill any max in combat with a decimator - bringing down anyof them isn't the answer, I think they should be brought up to the TR levels.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-06-05, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

well, don't look at it as a nerf, look at is a boost to TR's right to bitch bout our bad weapons :P

Seriously tho, i'm going to wait and see how this change affects the TR gameplay before i start bitching.
Old 2003-06-05, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by Endodroid
Here we go again, they should just increase the other maxes a little bit if things are out of wack.
Exactly. This is a huge mistake.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-05, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Stimulate
Corporal

Uh... what the hell are the Devs thinking? Just because the TR pwns all j00 NC and VS doesn't mean we are overpowered. It just means we have skill.
Old 2003-06-05, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Plato
Sergeant

Well at least we still have our super over powered mini chain gun of death...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion