SOE balancing TR MAXs! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside? thats for the playstation right?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-05, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Mythos
Private

Oh no, this is totally unnecessary. I mean, when a pounder max comes walking straight down a hall, holding down the fire button, while the user is eating a sandwich and watching Oprah, and murders thirty people that have absolutely no chance to even run, it was all skill, right?

Right?

Right on.
Old 2003-06-05, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Robot
Major

WOW THE PULSAR R00|Z D|_||]Es

anyways, the jackhammer and the scattercannon really aren't that great unless you're an idiot and go in close range

although the pounder and cycler needed a big nerf
Old 2003-06-05, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Led

Originally posted by Ducimus
To say nothing of NC's personal anti infantry weapon that has a fast rate of fire, little COF, and kills everything on the average in 2 shots. You can bet your beanies NC's precious jackhammer will be hit by the nerfbat too. Glorfied sweeper my ass.
^^^
Troll.
Old 2003-06-05, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
delerium
Private

All I am saying is your taking away TR's only advantage we had on the other empires. I dont really care though, I dont play as a max, just supporting my troops
Old 2003-06-05, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Personally I find this nerf unnecessary. Last night a pounder MAX on emerald was spiked on the top of a tower with an engineer there to repair them. He was killing people like crazy.

After he killed me two times, I waited on the floor below until my surge implant activated and ran past and behind him, killing his engineer buddy with a jackhammer, then I pulled my other hammer with AP ammo and stood behind him and filled him up. Simple problem solving >_<

I seriously think every side has their theme, and MAX's are definitely TR's. I also think NC is the strongest side overall. The gauss outperforms the pulsar and mini-cg at medium and longer range as well as more damage, and there really isn't anything that can top the jackhammer up close.

Add in the fact that if TR's strength are MAX's, you can only get one config every 4-5 minutes, so if you die soon, you're screwed. I could die 50 times in 2 minutes and I'll still be able to get a gauss/phoenix/jackhammer.

I suppose the nerf can't be stopped, so I hope it is really really minor.
Old 2003-06-05, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Ducimus
Sergeant

HA! Where do you think most of the heavy fighting occurs? Not in towers are bases is it? Nooo of course not.. couldnt possible be in close range where you haven no choice could it?

Ever use a jackhammer? Its range is alot farther than you'd think, its rate of fire is incredibly high, its cone of fire is pratically non existant (the reload times very well). Most things you can kill in 2 hits, 3 if there abit farther out. A cycler at similar range has an ungodly COF unless you burst shoot. At which point the jackhammer already owned you. Cycler is overrated. Play TR sometime and acutally use it a few times..
Old 2003-06-05, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Ducimus
Sergeant

Originally posted by Led
^^^
Troll.
No, just reminding you of your self rightousness over the TR MAX. This is the 2nd post ive made referencing it where you simply side stepped the issue. Or does the truth hurt that the jackhammer is overpowered and you just won't admit it?
Old 2003-06-05, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Robot
Major

Cycler is overrated.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaetc.

anyways, just stand back and fire at the person while running backwards. it's a really effective tactic, i swear, especially with the cycler
Old 2003-06-05, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
DuDeMaN
Private

I just wanted to let you know that MAX issues are being addressed. After watching the data on the DC and Pounder over the past few weeks, we've come to the point of view that they are, in fact, somewhat overpowered in certain situations compared to their counterpart MAXes. They are both going to be reduced slightly to bring them back to the original design vision.
Isn't this how it is supposed to be? I thought certain weapons were supposed to be better than others in different situations?

*sigh* Here we go, pretty soon this game is gonna be just commonpool armies squaring off against each other...

"Good, bad... *shrug* I'm the guy with the gun."
-Ash, Army of Darkness
Old 2003-06-05, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Seer
Major

You guys are daft if you think they did this because players were complaining. They clearly stated that they looked at data and found the tr maxs out of line with other maxs.

Everytime something gets balanced, everyone with an axe to grind floods the forums and claims they are going to be quitting. Does it ever hurt the bottom line, though? No, because people like playing balanced games. The minority that quits because their precious manastone/skill/spell was reduced in functionality is incredibly small compared to the number of people that will stay because there are no obvious imbalances.

The devs think that something is unbalanced, and a large percentage of the playerbase does as well. That doesn't mean that the devs only think that because the players think that, and they are "caving." If the devs were going to cave, they would have done it in beta. Instead, they looked at gameflow for weeks and came to this decision. I play all three empires and even have a tr character that uses maxs, and I support this decision--some of you need to take your blinders off.
Old 2003-06-05, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Interesting....
Old 2003-06-05, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Tieom
Master Sergeant

Zarp - by 'vocal' TR players I meant 'bitching that we're getting nerfed' TR players. Though that clarification likey isn't needed...
If you take the lumps with the good, or just quietly grumble about it, that's fine with me. I think that the devs would do a much better job balancing if all the little balance issues weren't buried under "Vanu sucks too much!" "TR rox too much!" "Vanu/TR are fine, quitcherbitchin!" threads. I mean, seriously - if there are more than a dozen posts on the same thing, THE DEVS KNOW.
Old 2003-06-05, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Led

No, just reminding you of your self rightousness over the TR MAX. This is the 2nd post ive made referencing it where you simply side stepped the issue. Or does the truth hurt that the jackhammer is overpowered and you just won't admit it?
If the jackhammer is overpowered and it toned down, they will have to tone down the sweeper. Then the rocklet rifle will be the end-all close quarters weapon.

The heavy weapons are unbalanced in relation to each other at the moment, yes. The jackhammer is exactly where it needs to be. However, the chaingun is still a beta relic from when the jackhammer and lasher were crap. Its COF needs to be reduced so it is more viable outside the range of a jackhammer. The lasher is fine, people just need to learn how to use it.

The chaingun is not worthless, either. I keep a locker stocked full of them and go on murdering sprees with it, inside and out. I even get tells from TR saying "How the hell do you manage to kill with that POS?"

Fight smarter, not harder.

I can defeat any max one on one, EXCEPT the pounder, because I can outsmart them. Using phoneix rockets, no less, the hardest AV weapon to use in close quarters. My issue with the pounder is that it is impossible to hide from, and nearly impossible to run from. Other AI maxes actually have to aim, and can only eliminate one target at a time. Why should the pounder have such OBSCENE power, with such an OBSCENE firing rate, with such an OBSCENE magazine size, with such an OBSCENE area effect? It has the best of all the worlds.
Old 2003-06-05, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

I started reading this thread, and a shit load of TR were complaing about whiners. What they don't realize, is that when teh complain about it, is that they're whining too.

You guys bitching on these forums about how "It's fine how it is!" Isn't going to suddenly woo the devs into changing there minds.

Oh and if you're about to say, "We're voicing our opinions so taht if we get enough of us, the devs will change their minds and keep the MAXs how they are!" Do you really think that the devs are going to believe that you honestly think they're fine, or will they think that you guys just want an advantage over everyone?

Stop whining about whiners. Live with it.

Old 2003-06-06, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Praise the lord! It has finaly come!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion