ESF Air to Air Feedback for Devs - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Help us feed Lil' Hamma and Donate to PSU.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-06-09, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #241
Sunrock
Major

Re: ESF Air to Air Feedback for Devs

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Yeh....That's why the top players are TR mossie whores across the servers. Your delusional too.
Your talking about daddy right? Yea.. He just sits and lolpod all day long. The mossy is really good for A2G fighting because of it's speed compare to the other ESF but sucks in A2A. Also Daddy also jumps out and logs out when he is about to get shut down to keep his K/D up.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #242
MrMak
Sergeant Major

A member of my outfit once "roadkilled" (airkilled?) him midair when he atempted to do that. People like him are realy kind of pathetic.
Old 2013-06-10, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #243
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

For some people, the number is validation, not the art.
Old 2013-06-10, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #244
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Your talking about daddy right? Yea.. He just sits and lolpod all day long. The mossy is really good for A2G fighting because of it's speed compare to the other ESF but sucks in A2A. Also Daddy also jumps out and logs out when he is about to get shut down to keep his K/D up.
It's a shame that the devs have not put in a delay before logging out can take place. But I really feel the Scythe is the best A2G ESF since they have them amazing Photon pods.

Old 2013-06-21, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #245
phungus
Master Sergeant

If I could do the ESF update, here are the changes I would make:

General:

-Give ESFs minor health regen by default so that composite and stealth are viable alternatives
-3d minimap for ESFs (make it simultaneously harder to farm infantry and easier for A2A)
-add 2 man air superiority fighter with forward facing gunner (pie in the sky dream, but i want an airial harrasser)
-add utility "Air Radar", only shows air and does not show ground enemies. Initial 300m range and goes to 500m range with full cert investment

Countermeasures:

-Add item "ECM" for ESFs, treated as ammo, get 1 by default - works like Bf3 flares (breaks current locks but no immunity)
-Give ESFs a single ECM by default
-Add ECM as upgrade choice to AB tanks, allowing carrying of extra ECM (it's ammo, most you should be able to take is 3).
-leave A2Am as they are

Weapons:

-Nerf rotary damage to infantry by about 15%
-Nerf rotary so it has damage falloff over range
-Buff needler to do more damage to armor, and over range compared to nerfed rotary
-Remove splash completely from rocket pods, make them practical as AV only
-Add HE rockets (empire specific or NS depending on maximizing $$$) that function like current rocket pods with almost no damage to armored targets
-Add empire specific "skill based" A2A weapons, wing guns for TR, LAZORs for vanu, and semi auto guass guns/dumbfire rockets for NC. (this will allow squaded and organized air to take a skill based dps increase instead of A2G or skilless A2Am - AB tanks just lose value in a group because they reduce your dps in the long run).

Last edited by phungus; 2013-06-21 at 04:07 PM.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #246
omega four
Staff Sergeant

I honestly can't think of adding anything else to ESF A2A weapons without disturbing the already delicate balance that exists today in aerial dogfights.

Some are already stating that A2AM are too powerful as is. And now SOE is thinking about adding more A2A weapons.

I know that SOE is a for-profit company and that PS2 is P2W, but this is starting to get a little ridiculous.

If I must offer an A2AM suggestion, then I pick aerial mines or flamethrowers. There was a James Bond movie where his aircraft had both those weapons and used them successfully against enemy jets.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #247
omega four
Staff Sergeant

I just tweeted my response to Higby about aerial mines and flamethrowers for A2A combat.

God help me and save my soul....

Originally Posted by omega four View Post
I honestly can't think of adding anything else to ESF A2A weapons without disturbing the already delicate balance that exists today in aerial dogfights.

Some are already stating that A2AM are too powerful as is. And now SOE is thinking about adding more A2A weapons.

I know that SOE is a for-profit company and that PS2 is P2W, but this is starting to get a little ridiculous.

If I must offer an A2AM suggestion, then I pick aerial mines or flamethrowers. There was a James Bond movie where his aircraft had both those weapons and used them successfully against enemy jets.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion