Gameplay: Vehicle Music Players - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Link Me!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-05-28, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Fuse
Sergeant

Re: Vehicle Music Players

Originally Posted by berzerkerking View Post
Pandora Is a radio site, IT doesn't have my Indie tastes. It would also take up extra bandwidth. Thanks but no thanks. My music folder with my tastes just like in APB reloaded.
#realworldsolutions
/Bumped http://youtu.be/LwCn6nrJG8A
You should download one of those programs that lets you play the em-pee-threes on your windows.
Old 2012-05-28, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
MightyMan
Corporal

Talking Re: Vehicle Music Players

I have to say that this idea seems to be pretty damn awesome.
I see no problem in implementing this into the game (tell the game to play musi from folder whenever in vehicle and have a a small menu of play, stop and change to next/previous music),+ if any allies who sit in your vehicle could hear it too it would be even better.
The only problem I can see with this is people who would start playing Rick Roll or hardcore gay sex sounds whenever someone enters their vehicle, which is why there should be an option for disabling music from outer sources.
Old 2012-05-29, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Clonehunter
Private

The idea is interesting but if as said by most before (So I'm agreeing with the "Nays", if you would rather listen to your indie music, well, why not setup a playlist before hand and play it in the background?

I mean, it sounded like the original idea was just for the player who has it to hear his/her own music. But why would that be an in-game thing? Hell, setup a radio next to you or an iPod dock.

Now for other people in your vehicle to hear it, eh... Maybe I guess, but I suppose if you really want them to hear it, I suppose you could just mic-spam music to them (Unless there isn't going to be a voice chat, I don't know really). The idea otherwise sounds neat on paper, but doesn't translate well.
Old 2012-05-29, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zekeen
Major

I wanna be able to play Polka music into battle!!!!
(kudos to whoever gets that)
Old 2012-05-30, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

It's sort of like the notepad and calculator function in EvE. They were easy to add, and the added convenience made them very nice.

We could probably accomplish the same thing more easily by just having a folder that we could put our own music into to have the game play. I do kind of like the idea of having some HUD element or a thing on the dashboard that I can mess with to change the music though.
Old 2012-05-30, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Thumbs up Re: Vehicle Music Players

This sounds like a "Pay 2 Win" option to me!

But seriously, having an in-game music player is very nice. I know this from my experience with Test Drive Unlimited. TDU1 had four radio channels that you could load your MP3s into (per channel) and then would play them randomly and allow you to switch channels (ala GTA - in fact my radio stations were "Flash FM", "The Wave", "Emotion" and "V Rock") but when TDU2 came out, the devs had removed this feature.

This was the single biggest complaint by the entire TDU community (well, tied with the removal of Lamborghinis). Dropping out of a game to change music (even alt-tabbing) is WEAK.

I want my MTV.
Old 2012-05-31, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

This would be nice, but iff it has an option (preferably a hotkey) to disable it.

I don't want to listen to someone's $#177y rap song while I'm trying to focus on splattering red and blue brains everywhere.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault