Submerged Infantry-Only Bases - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Batteries not included
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-07-13, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Re: Submerged Infantry-Only Bases

I enjoy this idea
Old 2012-07-13, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Elays
Private

I like the idea as well, with one chief criticism. Having a base submerged in a lake would be cool visually, and exclude air/vehicles as desired, but wouldn't require full-on naval combat like an ocean base might. But I don't really understand the exclusion of MAX units. They're not invulnerable, and the enclosed environment will make C4 more deadly to them, but including them is also a great counter to the other concern you've named: AOE spam.

Say if a grenadier type is holding a passageway through various explosions. So call up a MAX friend. Rampaging MAX unit ensues, but he gets a bit overconfident, stumbles past a blind corner and BOOM hidden C4 in the face.

So I don't think there's any reason to take out one of the key players in infantry combat.
Old 2012-07-13, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
DukeTerror
Private

Alternatively, it would be easy to see a base like this only partly underwater with more traditional parts on the shore. A gal would drop "seals" into the water to exploit this underwater back door.

Yeah would be silly to exclude MAXes. They are balancing them for infantry combat with the rest of the classes.
Old 2012-07-13, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Cutter
Private

Great idea, but not infantry only. I'd love to see the aquatic element play a role in PS2 ala Scuba Steve, PT style attack boats, etc. it could be hella fun.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Tehroth
Corporal

This is a fantastic idea. I support it.
Old 2012-07-14, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Nolerhn
Corporal

This is an awesome idea for the most part IMO, however, I wouldn't make the area inaccessible to MAX's. Going rambo or something in cramped quarters seems like it would be just as dangerous to MAX's as any other class when you start factoring in things like C4 and grenades.
Old 2012-07-15, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
BraavikStal
Private

I fully support this idea. It would add a whole new element to the game. I wouldn't exclude MAX's though.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Xenostalker
Corporal

Originally Posted by BraavikStal View Post
I fully support this idea. It would add a whole new element to the game. I wouldn't exclude MAX's though.
Okay; so apparently having no MAX units is unpopular. Let's cut that bit out

I would like to note that while I still support this idea of a submerged base, the concept of limiting fights to infantry has already been done (something I had not yet seen): the biodome facilities in PS2 are already pretty limited to infantry with lots of close-quarter combat and are just... well they are pretty cool. If you have yet to see them, the video linked below shows a short walkaround inside them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jTKM5CX5SWQ

Originally Posted by Sikee Atric View Post
That was my thought....

You could make bases like this now, by drilling it into a mountain and making it the film-style NORAD bunker.

Add a vehicle hanger with multiple, tunnel entrance points and then lower levels that are infantry only, with several foot tunnel access routes and you have a complete nightmare to defend or attack....

With the vehicle tunnels it would be great to control as well as the owners could drive straight through the mountain rather than having to go around.
Very cool idea.

Last edited by Xenostalker; 2012-07-24 at 12:02 AM.
Old 2012-07-24, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

Wouldn't this be a biodome underwater?
here has yet to be a situation or scenario where it is legitimately 100% limited to infantry (and maxes)

Last edited by Bittermen; 2012-07-24 at 12:41 AM.
Old 2012-07-24, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Jakkar
Private

Lovely idea - natch, I'd like to see underwater vehicles and implants related to a submarine environment.
Old 2012-07-24, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Xenostalker
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bittermen View Post
Wouldn't this be a biodome underwater?
I would like to note that while I still support this idea of a submerged base, the concept of limiting fights to infantry has already been done (something I had not yet seen): the biodome facilities in PS2 are already pretty limited to infantry with lots of close-quarter combat and are just... well they are pretty cool. If you have yet to see them, the video linked below shows a short walkaround inside them.
Already answered.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Removing the submerge concept. it sounds too much like a "close quarters" map/section. Infantry only is already in PS2 via Biodomes and some other bases.

I mean, once you're in the base fighting, what does being under water has to do with it? Not hating or trolling, but honest question. Am I missing something? Underwater vechs maybe?

If the goal is mainly to have more infantry ONLY fights, then PS2 is not the game for it.

Now, getting TO and FROM the underwater base may be the battle worth talking about.

Last edited by Reizod; 2012-07-25 at 11:01 AM.
Old 2012-07-27, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
brighthand
Corporal

I am for this- Just let it not be like some CQCmania DLC or something like battlefail 3 (lol, it is tragic that I am saying that about Battlefield), just a limited number of pockets of CQC just to add a hint of new flavor and keep things dynamic. Whatever the vets want for this game must factor heavily into the equasion if we n00bs are to expect a true Planetside experience.

But a few CQC underwater labs here and there are very welcomed by me for dynamism's sake.
Old 2012-07-27, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Gugabalog
Major

This gave me a great idea. Have a small fairly surface level platform on the surface that galaxies and drop pods could use and then those lift/descent beams to get underwater, this way amphibious certed vechs (not confirmed) could be used, and it would emphasize another kind of combat besides infantry combat. The inside would be 100% infantry. (Maybe include an above surface cap point as well, but one that isn't completely open and exposed)
Old 2012-07-27, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
XxAxMayxX
Sergeant

That would be awsome for the oceans they may not add boats but they sheold add this.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault