What is this matrix system? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We hump furniture.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-24, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Saethan
Corporal

"The facility won't have to expend repair energy if Engineers are around to work their special magic.

3 certs well spent, friends. Every soldier out there should have engineering training"

Eh, that's why I'd have a squad there going around the base killing anybody that tries to repair the terms/bring an ANT. I was just talking about how I'm going to take bases behind enemy lines.. of course you'd kill the guys that try to stop you from using up all the ntu's.
Old 2003-04-24, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Zoolooman
Corporal

I'll note that the purpose of the matrix is to encourage large scale fighting. If something is a Gunuku fest, maybe you should go to a more neglected base or continent, and push on the bases there.

Remember, if they implement it well, each base you own provides a large selection of bases to go to next.

The analogy of trench warfare, on the other hand, fails, because trench warfare was a linear form of fighting. You *knew* there was only one choice. The next trench.

In this, if implemented well, there are far more choices. If you truly believe with the continent population caps, that someone will manage to load all possible bases connected to your attacking ones to the brim and turn it into Gunuku on every last base, then you've got to question if the continents are large enough to make attack planning worth while, or if the population cap on the continents is far too high.
Old 2003-04-24, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Jakal
Staff Sergeant

I think that this new system will be good for large unit tactics. As i understand it they still havent implemented the platoon system yet. When that goes up you and your squad can link up with other squads for a major push into enemy territory. Plus as your number of bases on a continent decreases your number of fighters per base to defend increases. This leads to one side digging in hard on the last few bases on a cont. and slowly turning the tide. This will also kick ass when the game goes retail and outfits get more members in the game at once.
Old 2003-04-24, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

when i think of marixs, it think of:

[2 5 1]
[6 2 7]
[9 0 5]

Yea basic math....

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-25, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by BUGGER33
when i think of marixs, it think of:

[2 5 1]
[6 2 7]
[9 0 5]

Yea basic math....
ohhhh those things are FUN!
No seriously.
I like hardcore algebra, mainly because I like puzzles.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion