"A Striker rocket is stronger than a Decimator rocket." - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 80% Entertainment by Volume
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-05, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Man, where's a world's tiniest violin smilie when you need one?

P.S. Good comic

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-05, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

hey, cauldron. give me back the post-buff lasher and you
FIND WAYS TO FIGHT AGAINST IT

don't like balance discussions? stay the hell off any forum related to this game then. they're gonna be here wether you're on your soapbox or not.
Old 2003-08-05, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Cauldron Borne
Captain

meh. just figured I'd give a rather good idea to use until the devs fix the issue. Yeah, you can discuss balance issues, but until the problem is resolved what are you going to do? I just say adapt until you can go back to your comfort zone. there really isn't much more you can do, is there?

Demon's Dragoons: dimolishing ramdom objects since the beginning of.... uh.... something.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2003-08-05, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
ghost018

Originally posted by Arakiel
Striker: Surge, strafe, line dance and you'll still hit.
Not true, and any Terran that's been using it since release knows somethings different about it. Yep, it's easy enough to get a lock, but a lot of times you won't. Aircraft, unless you've got a number of Striker users shooting up at it, it's not going to die UNLESS it's stupid and hovers (now where have I heard that before). Almost the same exact thing goes for vehicles. An Outfit member and myself were ambushed at close range by a Magrider the other day. As both of us were firing Striker rockets into it, she died and I was able to finish it off. I carry 12 rockets, I had two left when I was finished.

Waah...I can't shake a missle lock. Waah...the Lasher is too strong. Let's nerf everything so I don't have to ever find skill.

ghost

PS: Maybe Vanu don't use the Lancer on Emerald, but they do on Markov.

Old 2003-08-05, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

If you hate it so much FIND WAYS TO FIGHT AGAINST IT!!!!!!!
Well, I used to be a MAX user, but not anymore thanks to the striker. I'm VS, so i have my supposed maneuverability and agility as my empire's strong points... but there is no way save for finding cover to escape from a striker's missle lock. Oh, wait, i move so damn slow that by the time i make it to cover 4 strikers have already hit me, killing me. My jumpjets are completely useless, as the striker posseses EXTREME maneuverability. It can pull a 180 degree turn instantly, so there is no chance of me "dodging" the rocket. At least with the phoenix, if he misses, he misses. I dont like that it can lock on to maxes, as they possess absolutely no chance of countering it.
Old 2003-08-05, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

I love my pheonix, but I'll drop it and pickup a striker as often as I can. Twice the effective range with jost about the same amount of damage. I don't ever fly over terran controlled territory.
Old 2003-08-05, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Cauldron Borne
Captain

I've never tried this, but can you 'shoot' down a rocket? If you grabed a shotgun, or aa could you blow it up in mid-air? maybe carpet the air with shotgun pellets? Might work.

Demon's Dragoons: we're the real reason humpty dumpty couldn't be put back together again, but mother goose thought that was too violent. The dragoons had roast goose that night.

Old 2003-08-05, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

"I've never tried this, but can you 'shoot' down a rocket?"

Nope. I have tried this with all manner of MAX suits. The phoenix missle is the biggest and can be seen on radar. You cant even shoot this one down when its coming at you in a straight line
Old 2003-08-06, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Actualy it is possible to shoot rockets down, or it used to be, I have done it before but it has been a long time since. Incindentaly It was reaver rockets and I was in a phanalax turrent. But it was so hard to do (i shot down like two out of a salvo) it's not worth trying.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.

Last edited by Doppler; 2003-08-06 at 03:08 PM.
Old 2003-08-06, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Cauldron Borne
meh. just figured I'd give a rather good idea to use until the devs fix the issue. Yeah, you can discuss balance issues, but until the problem is resolved what are you going to do? I just say adapt until you can go back to your comfort zone. there really isn't much more you can do, is there?

Demon's Dragoons: dimolishing ramdom objects since the beginning of.... uh.... something.
We have your permision, wonderfull, jesus christ how could I have proceeded without that. Plus as an added bonus your wonderfull precise tactics of adaption, what a cleansing light in my fog of doubt.

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-08-06, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Who wouldn't opt for the Thumper and Decimator over a single empire-specific anti-vehicle weapon for the same credits? Think about it... Solid AI and AV for 3 creds while leaving valuable credits free for hacking, vehicles and engineering. Sign me up!

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-08-06, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Cauldron Borne
Captain

your sarcasm is appreciated Doppler

Old 2003-08-07, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Doppler
Contributor
Major

It's nice to be apreciated in ones own lifetime, maybe all those people will stop trying to kill me now.

ME

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion