PlanetSide - How much Longer? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can't you smell that!?!?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-11-23, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Flippingninja
Private

well if planetSide didn't cost any money it would be around forever! IT is an awesome game, even for 12 bucks a month... but people will get tired of paying. Not me though. i'll sell drugs for my PS money.
Old 2003-11-23, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Post #45

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by VashTheStamped
i nevah want PS to go away....this is my life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

go outside.

NEVER!

You can run a lap around the neighborhood and take a quick shower while waithing for your new max suit. So you never have to stop playing. And you eat while you play. so no asking when you eat you noobs!

And if you pay the Yearly thing its only 10 a month

Isnt it 13.95 a month on a per month basis.

thats a saving of 48 dollars

Minus possible charges for using your credit card.

And higlight the nod smiley. it talks.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-23 at 08:54 PM.
Old 2003-11-23, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I am a school kid and i know i haven't been able to play more than a couple of hours on a weekend for months now, but thanks giving is coming up and i will be back to sniping the hell out of those TR and VS scum very soon. PS opened me to other FPS games Like Wolfenstein and UT3k/4k and HL2 but i will never let my mom cancel my subscription and i will never leave it.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2003-11-23, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
SporkfirePS
PlanetSide Alumni

How much longer do you think PlanetSide will last? Post your reasoning and projections here.

I think it'll last up until HL2 releases in March 2004, if that long.
Yea, I remember when EverQuest put Ultima Online out of business and then Dark Age of Camelot put EQ out of business and then...

Wait, never mind.

PlanetSide is still a maturing game, and it's way too early for the sky to fall just yet. We've been holding steady with decent subscription numbers for a while. Admittedly, we would like to see some additional growth, but there really isn't this mass contraction that people theorize about. One of the unique things about PlanetSide is that we do not have the same percentage of concurrent users as an RPG (probably because we do nto require the same intense time commitment), which is why people do see lower populated servers.

Our plans extend well into the future with SOE being committed to growing the service for some time to come. We aren't one of the heavy hitter RPG titles like EQ or DAoC, but there are plenty of games that would be pretty happy if they could meet our subscription numbers.
Old 2003-11-23, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Finally a breath of fresh air. Thanks, SporkFire.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2003-11-23, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
I Hate Pants
General

Well my game card doesn't expire till Dec. 27 this year. So i'll see how things go till then. If I liek whats gonig on i'll probably ask for a new game card for christmas.

lol! Got PS and my first game card for my birthday. After getting a game card for christmas. I'll have played this game for 4 months without paying a single cent and 3 more months of free play!

7 months of free PS! Funny thing is in March thats my brothers birthday.

Im on easy street!
Old 2003-11-23, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Spee
Colonel

I had to cancel my PS subscription so I could play FFXI and not go broke.

I had to delete PS afterwards because mom threatened complete revocation of computer/inarweb if I didnt download/install AOL 9.0 and I am NOT giving up my mp3's

If I had my own credit card, and a much better system, i'd still be playing.
Old 2003-11-24, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Hamma
PSU Admin

Nice post spork

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-24, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
FraudulentBob
Sergeant Major

Thanks Spork, I really didn't mean I wanted to hit you with a nerf bat, that was just out of anger.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion