Questions for Pro7 - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where "forums" is just slang for a day care center
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-02, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Questions for Pro7

A big point for me is the uselessness of stationcash on an SOE game now that another company is handling the game in europe.

I have been playing and paying SOE games for years but all my banked stationcash will now be all but written off for the sake of a change being forced upon me.
It will by no means stop be from playing PS2 but it will certainly affect any cash shop interations as I no longer have 6000+ station cash bought over the years of playing other SOE games.

SOME FORM OF EXCHANGE SYSTEM WOULD BE IDEAL, IF SOE IS WITHDRAWING FROM EUROPE INTERACTION IN BOTH SERVER AND CONTROL THEN ALLOW THOSE WHO HAVE BOUGHT DIGITAL CURRENCY IN GOOD FAITH TO GAIN SOMETHING IN RETURN.

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-08-02 at 04:57 PM.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
kuukl
Private

Originally Posted by IMMentat View Post
A big point for me is the uselessness of stationcash on an SOE game now that another company is handling the game in europe.

I have been playing and paying SOE games for years but all my banked stationcash will now be all but written off for the sake of a change being forced upon me.
It will by no means stop be from playing PS2 but it will certainly affect any cash shop interations as I no longer have 6000+ station cash bought over the years of playing other SOE games.

SOME FORM OF EXCHANGE SYSTEM WOULD BE IDEAL, IF SOE IS WITHDRAWING FROM EUROPE INTERACTION IN BOTH SERVER AND CONTROL THEN ALLOW THOSE WHO HAVE BOUGHT DIGITAL CURRENCY IN GOOD FAITH TO GAIN SOMETHING IN RETURN.
Imagine if the station cash automatically turned into 7cash!

Which is the case and has been stated countless of times.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

For me, that would be perfect, especially as they are handling DC:UO and eventually(assuming i ever go back) Everquest 2.

#edit# and i just read the smaller text , I'll leave my posts as they are pointing things out is better in highlight.
Thank you for the info, i did a site search and no one has specifically worded that.

"Stationcash will be turned into into SevenCash."

Else my multiple searches would have landed a hit for Sevencash outside of this thread.

Questions remain, How? When? Where? Can we do a partial transfer of my existing stationcash? is it a limited time offer? where to get more details?

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-08-02 at 05:11 PM.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
RSphil
Contributor
Major

has been stated many times station cash will be changed to 7cash or what ever they are calling it. read the email i posted titled soe and pro7 has begun. you will see it in the bottom i think.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Linking your current SOE account to your new ProSieben Sat.1 Games account:
2. Link your SOE account to your ProSiebenSat.1 Games account: After creating a new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account or logging into your existing ProSiebenSat.1 Games account, you will be prompted to link it to your existing SOE Station Account. Enter your SOE account information and login if you want the accounts to be linked. After successfully linking the accounts, your DCUO items, character data and station cash (ProSieben SevenCash) will be available on your ProSiebenSat.1 Games account.
K, got that one also, thanks. Wall of text, so i think the search ping got lost in the content.

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-08-02 at 05:19 PM.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
kuukl
Private

For me, that would be perfect, especially as they are handling DC:UO and eventually(assuming i ever go back) Everquest 2.

#edit# and i just read the smaller text , I'll leave my posts as they are pointing things out is better in highlight.
Thank you for the info, i did a site search and no one has specifically worded that.

"Stationcash will be turned into into SevenCash."

Else my multiple searches would have landed a hit for Sevencash outside of this thread.

Questions remain, How? When? Where? Can we do a partial transfer of my existing stationcash? is it a limited time offer? where to get more details?
The purpose wasn't to highlight but rather give actual information in addition to the half-sarcastic first line.

I remember reading something along the lines that the cash isn't moved but rather the whole account, and they have to ask your permission for that because it contains personal information. I think some additional info can be found in the faq for the Everquest/DCUO/etc people. Don't have a link though.

E: Ah you found it. So that's how it's done.
Old 2012-08-03, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #172
julfo
Sergeant

This puts my mind greatly at rest, thank you, Brollywood.
Old 2012-08-03, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
Coreldan
Colonel

So Smedley now seems to say that Station Cash does not convert to SevenCash (or whatever) and supposedly offered refunds?

Can we get some final confirmation on this and how would one go about to getting the refund?

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-08-03, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

Could we change the first post to include brollywood's answers.
Old 2012-08-03, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #175
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
So Smedley now seems to say that Station Cash does not convert to SevenCash (or whatever) and supposedly offered refunds?

Can we get some final confirmation on this and how would one go about to getting the refund?
I would like to know that too. Brollywood?
Old 2012-08-03, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
Shogun
Contributor
General

damn, it was confirmed multiple times that station cash carries over to pro7 when our accounts are transfered.

and now smed just says the opposite without any comment or reason ... AGAIN...

so a confirmation about this would really be appreciated!

i took the triple station cash sale and stocked up station cash based on the confirmations we got here! if i cannot use my spent money on planetside 2 now, i am not going to spend any additional money on it.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-08-03, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
Infernalis
Sergeant

I'm somewhat glad I didn't spent any money on the double station cash thing, it's way too vague on the subject right now. I hope Pro7 will also do some double thing even though I doubt they will...
Old 2012-08-03, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Thanks for the answers!

@Brolly:
One thing still confuses me: So my Pro7 account can log in on the SOE servers but all my "Planetside data" is still stored with SOE and not the Pro7 account? Does that mean that I have kind of an "invisible" SOE account in the background that is just "masked" and can only be accessed by my Pro7 account or how does that work?
Woulb be cool if you could elaborate a bit on this.
Old 2012-08-03, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #179
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
One thing still confuses me: So my Pro7 account can log in on the SOE servers but all my "Planetside data" is still stored with SOE and not the Pro7 account?
As Brollywood said, SOE runs all the servers, so there is no such thing as "Pro7 servers" as opposed to "SOE servers". All character data on all servers is in SOE's hands.

The difference is in the accounts - if you're in the Euro zone, you must access the servers via your account with Pro7Sat1.

That's how I understood it anyway.
Old 2012-08-03, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #180
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Infernalis View Post
I'm somewhat glad I didn't spent any money on the double station cash thing, it's way too vague on the subject right now. I hope Pro7 will also do some double thing even though I doubt they will...
I put in like 20€ or so. If I wouldve been 100% sure that they carry over, I wouldve spent more but I decided to take the compromise between not taking the risk (by taking a small risk) and skipping such a wonderful promotion all together.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion