Empire Armor Styles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Thank you, and have a nice day.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Think I'm close?
I agree with the below. (Libral) 13 50.00%
I disagree with the below. (Conservative) 5 19.23%
I neither agree nor disagree with the below. (Politician) 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2002-12-23, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Lightbulb Empire Armor Styles

It seems that each empire follows a kind of "style" if you will. We already know it, but I'm just putting it into words.

Terran Republic - Seems to have a very "rounded" style. Their armors do not seem to have sharp edges as much as the other ones. Their MAX is a good example, with rounded shoulders and a sphereical head-protector-thing (not really a visor, not really a helmet). Other than being "round" you can't really classify what kind of style it is. It just is.

Philosopher's Whim: This could mean that since they've been around for so long, they're adaptable. They roll with punches. If something happens, they adjust. I mean... they'd have to be if they've been around for over a thousand years...

New Conglomerate - Have very blocky and sharp edged armor. Very definite. Some compare them to legos. I tend to think of them as more of an industrial type of armor. Even some their weapons seems to reflect this (i.e. MAG-Cutter - I mean LOOK at it for cripes sake! How can you not call that an industry's standard issue cutting knife?). While the actual armors are not cubical in design, it is definitely "blocky" nonetheless.

Philosopher's Whim: Having the armor with such precission could mean that their ideals and goals are exact. They are idealists, and in being such, cannot accept anything less than the ideal they are fighting for. Thus, the sharp edges and overall blocky look of their armors.

Vanu Sovereignty - The general futuristic style approach. While not easily described, it is (nonetheless) a style. They have a kind of elongated scale style in most of their designs. Much like that of a lizard or other reptile. They also seem have "beefier" shoulders in most of the heavier armors. The medium type reminds me of a japanese samurai warrior (even though it's probably my imagination) and the MAX seems to have a very Samus Aran feel. If you've played any of the Metroid games, you'd know what I mean.

Philosopher's Whim: Nothing too deep here. Their armor is futuristic. Why? Because they are the Vanu, n00bs. And yet... it seems their armor does posses some kind of organic feel (as it was mentioned by someone else). Maybe the "scales"? If so, it could be interrpreted as meaning the Vany have a kind of collective goal. More of an inhuman approach to this war then the other two factions.

I just wanted to make this observation... and a poll. That's really the only reason, now that I think about it. The poll.

Last edited by Zarparchior; 2002-12-23 at 04:38 PM.
Old 2002-12-23, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DiosT

I like the vanu armors =) they look > other empires =p

Old 2002-12-23, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
diluted
Major

wow nice insights.

btw politics suck. be your own person not a part of a group pussy!

Last edited by diluted; 2002-12-23 at 05:20 PM.
Old 2002-12-23, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
zMessiahz
Sergeant

I seem to remeber in reading about the different empires... one of them (I believe the NC) was bitching about the Vanu trying to meld man and machine. If so, the organic feel to the armor is exactly what the artists are going for.
Old 2002-12-23, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
zMessiahz
Sergeant

"The Vanu Sovereignty seceded from the Terran Republic during the same period as the New Conglomerate. But unlike us, who see the freedom to live as we choose as the future of the human race, the Vanu Sovereignty see a future in which our humanity is a liability, a flaw that they will strip from the species, by force if necessary. By exploiting the technology left behind by a lost alien race, the Vanu Sovereignty seeks to mold the human genome into a shape that fits its own fanatical vision, and in the process wring out every last drop of human spirit, individuality and passion that makes us who we are. What's left--a human husk fused inseparably with cold, lifeless machine--is their dream of perfection, a soulless techno-wraith. The evil of their vision and the zeal with which they pursue it is horrifying. The Vanu Sovereignty must be stopped at all costs or the human race will cease to exist."

from http://www.newconglomerate.com/tyranny.jsp
Old 2002-12-23, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

The Terran republic has the Round shape not because the are adaptable, but because they have so much experience makeing weapons of war that they know how to put a lot of armor onto a person without waisting materials on pointy things. Also, they would want to instil a fealing of strength from their large size, without the look of cruelty of big pointy things sticking out from everywhere.

The New Conglomerate is much like leggos. They dont have higly advanced technology or refined production methods, so they take plates of armor, weld them togeather, and put them on. They have been waiting to revolt, but in order to keep their intentions a secret, they couldn't risk building massive industrial complexes that the Terrans have to mass produce their equipment. Their stuff had to be hand made so to speak.

The Vanu Are trying to meld Man and Machine, so it is understandable that they want their equipment to look as organic as possible. Also, they follow alien precepts, and this may be what they think the aliens looked like.
Old 2002-12-23, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sjekso
Private

Im incredibly offended by your "Philosopher's Whim" on the Vanu armor. For i am a philosophe myself. Also on the poll if i vote to neither agree or disagree does NOT! mean im a politician. that is just what a politician would say ::cough:: in the united states ::cough::

I also call for a boycott on the poll stated above!!!!!!! Who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????? .... no one eh??? oh well nvm

Dead girls dancing burn and twirl, witch hunt, witch hunt burn this girl...

The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it.

Last edited by Sjekso; 2002-12-23 at 11:20 PM.
Old 2002-12-23, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

Zarparchior=Liberacci
Old 2002-12-23, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

TR = Bubble heads, NC = Lego Men, VS = Lidzard Men on the MAX armors. What do you think?
Old 2002-12-23, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sjekso
Private

Bravo Doobs!!!

Dead girls dancing burn and twirl, witch hunt, witch hunt burn this girl...

The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it.
Old 2002-12-24, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sputty
Banned

I think that the looks of armor are less idealistic as it is industrial and technological. That being said idealogies are shapen by industry and technology so..heh..hard to say
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion