Really cool or evil? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whats A-Rack!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Is this Cruel? Evil, or just the coolest thing in the world?
Man, this is the coolest thing, play with th toys so you know what to cert up in 31 81.58%
I can play with them. . in the trainer? but I gotta wait till I get the cert use em?? Man thats wrong, thats evil.... 5 13.16%
Other (post below) 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2002-12-23, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

That was the sound of me wishing, Jinx. Somehow I feel that we won't get to try all three sides without resetting twice in the process (or trying them on 3 different servers). It won't be important to me anymore once they see the light about letting me in the beta
Old 2002-12-23, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I say having this is gud (as opposed to bad).
Old 2002-12-23, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
diluted
Major

i dunno.. they need to have votes on what people want in the game instead of just going by their own thing (the devs) i know i know it wouldnt go well but they need to know that we want to try out all the empire features and to subdue the whole stat system.
Old 2002-12-24, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

On the leveling up issue, Do you have to start from zero for each character you develope or do you have x ammount of experiance that you get over time that you use on each character? Like if you have 12 bep do you split that amoung each of 4 characters or does each character get 12 bep and you coustomize each char to what you want? Good question huh?

Some many question, so little time.
Old 2002-12-24, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sputty
Banned

I'd assume you haev to level up ech character separately.
Old 2002-12-25, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Vimp
Sergeant

Each charector is independent. Ones BEPs are completly seperate from one of your other Chars.
That being said I don't think its that big a deal to be able to test with empire specific weapons. After all, if you have the certification for that class of weapon then you can steal any empires weapons and use them yourself, plus hold on to them in your locker for later use.

Personnally I'd prefer to not be able to even test a weapon inless you have the certification prior to it. assuming they are weapons you get after only after getting others first. This way it would add excitement more so when you are able to finnally try a high certification level weapon.
Old 2002-12-25, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

Before you choose a faction, you can go into the sim to try out all the factions stuff. I just don't remember were I read that.

Originally posted by Vimp
Personnally I'd prefer to not be able to even test a weapon inless you have the certification prior to it. assuming they are weapons you get after only after getting others first. This way it would add excitement more so when you are able to finnally try a high certification level weapon.
Yeah, that would be cool to try all ~30 guns that way, and wait 1 week to get the cert points back! That would only take ~8 months!

Last edited by Toimu; 2002-12-25 at 08:31 PM.
Old 2002-12-25, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Vimp
Well this may sound simplistic and/or dumb but .... why don't you just not use the VR ?
Old 2002-12-25, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

how could the current system be bad, you get an idea of where you are heading.... and it gives you something to work towards.
Old 2002-12-25, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

I certianly would like to test out all the weapons of each empire to see if I wanted to haul a captured weapon all the way back to my locker and save it for later use. In stead of finding out at a later time when you get the cert of that class of weapon to use it that it only sucks to your style of combat. Especially since that all the empire specific weapons have a different flavor of combat. Or either you don't know what your getting yourself into by leveling up in an area of weaponry that you dont like then you just wasted your certs and have to spend more time earning more jsut to get something you do want.
Old 2002-12-25, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
zMessiahz
Sergeant

I doubt the ability to store weapons in a locker is going to mean much. You only have the gun until you die. Probably be much easier to just go kill a few ppl and find a new one.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion