A Public Safety Announcement - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Going where no fan site has gone before
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-12-31, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Exclamation A Public Safety Announcement

One thing I have noticed while I have been out and about sniping is a hell of a lot of guys and gals stop, for ever such a brief moment, within the line of sight of a Spawn Room.

Please take more care, whether you are within a base, and especially around Spawn Rooms. It only takes one bullet from a sniper rifle to end your progress.

It's been said many times before, but keep moving peeps. Don't stop for a moment unless you know for certain you are out of the LOS of any potential sniper nest. Get into a room if you feel you need to check your map, or whatever it is you stop for.

Thanks

(Actually, I suppose this is a waste of time because most of the people who post here know this already. But I thought I'd mention something about this just in case someone new to the game stops by)
Old 2013-12-31, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
OCNSethy
Major

Re: A Public Safety Announcement

Hush now, that's our prey you are warning
Old 2013-12-31, 03:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Verrijden
Private

I never stop moving when I am outside of a spawn room . Besides snipers, the ttk vs lag compensation puts the aggresor at an advatage. If you play with any really good infantry players you will notice constant movement. Anyways, I didnt come here to say that. I came to say that I noticed you got your KD above. 1 now, congratulation! I remember when it was like 0.5 or something similar.
Old 2013-12-31, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Hush now, that's our prey you are warning
Yeah... I know... Silly really LOL

Originally Posted by Verrijden View Post
Anyways, I didnt come here to say that. I came to say that I noticed you got your KD above. 1 now, congratulation! I remember when it was like 0.5 or something similar.
Ha! Thanks dood, and well spotted

It was as low as 0.25 in my early days.

I've been a little bit unscrupulous though and I've been "exploiting" the fact that I can shoot out of spawn room shields. Not great, I know.

Now that I've reached a K/D of 1, though, I'm getting back out there again and being more useful, in my opinion

I'll still kill peeps who are careless outside of spawn rooms though, but only if the situation is lost. No point in going outside only to get mowed down by a Mossy or a Scythe

I'm even moving out to re-cap points, and to hell with the danger LOL.
Old 2013-12-31, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
findus

On topic: as a defender i often wonder why even high BRs are dancing in front of a spawn room...nothing much to loose in teasing the enemy, sometimes doesn't work out

On K/D: congratulations!

Not so much about the K/D itsself, but the successful efforts and straight line as you are working on it. I needed half a year to figure it out. And half a year of a K/D lower than 0.5 is hard work to get over....at that time i had 1000 deaths to 500 kills, and with my average xp of around 80-90/min it takes some time...going sniping helped a bit.
My K/D allways goes bananas (e.g. down) when i play in a squad, have to work some days to get it on the right path again...
Old 2013-12-31, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Stormhall

Lol findus is your PS2 name a refrence to ArmA Cold War Assault a.ka. OPF Cold War Crisis?

XD!!
Old 2013-12-31, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by findus View Post
On K/D: congratulations!

Not so much about the K/D itsself, but the successful efforts and straight line as you are working on it.
Thanks

Once I got my head around the role of sniper and realised I could shoot out of the spawn shield I was able to start making serious inroads into my "poor" K/D.

Today, yeah, I've sniped a few, and even hip fired my Longshot at two careless peeps pass the spawn room (and killed them with just the one shot).

But I also spent a pile of time resurrecting a whole load of peeps at a tower. I just run like an idiot around the top level res'ing all the fallen soldiers. Does wonders for my XP and shows that I'm willing to put myself in the path of danger when the need arises
Old 2013-12-31, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Belhade
Sergeant

Look, if I never stopped dead for three seconds in the middle of an open courtyard then the VS and TR snipers on Mattherson would never get any kills. I'm doing them a service!

Yes, I easily get confused and have to check the full map at the most inappropriate moments. Or run through an enemy base and go "Hey, is that the spawn room?" *Clank* "Yup"
Old 2014-01-01, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Belhade View Post
Yes, I easily get confused and have to check the full map at the most inappropriate moments. Or run through an enemy base and go "Hey, is that the spawn room?" *Clank* "Yup"
Yes... I know, and I do get caught out myself still. I now try to think, "is it safe to stop here?" If I can't find somewhere to get down out of the line of sight of obvious enemy points, I don't stop any more. I'd rather redeploy.

I use personal waypoints a lot too. That can help to mark out spawn rooms before I head out to an enemy base.
Old 2014-01-01, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

One word of advice, look down when running in the open field. Snipers can't headshot you if there's no head to shoot at

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-01-01, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
One word of advice, look down when running in the open field. Snipers can't headshot you if there's no head to shoot at
Thanks
Old 2014-01-01, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mordelicius
Major

It's funny that snipers are now the terror to fear . (they really need to tone them down a bit since they have no downside).

But really they pale in comparison to the old, major broken stuff that was abused till they got nerfed:
- Liberators
- ESF rocketpodding
- Magriders
- HE spamming
- ZOE
- Harassers
- Vulcan/Marauders.

Then the mid-tier broken stuff:
- UBGL
- Shotguns
- Fracture/Comets

Add to that the old spawn design of one tiny room, one door and no painfield LOL It's like PS2 just passed the balancing dark age with the latest patch.

@OP, infiltrator recon darts have been well improved. Not only it's more useful, they even gain you certs too. They still have to increase the xp per detection kill though to keep up with the Engineer and Medic cert gains.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion