an expansion pack. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: More nerds than you can shake a stick at!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-22, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
diluted
Major

an expansion pack.

this is thinking WAY ahead, but what could be added to PS for an expansion? if you think about it - not much could be done to add on except some new weaps or something mediocre like that. according to the storyline and all that, it just doesnt seem possible for large changes to occur maaaybe something along the lines of "diff alien artifiacts/enemies of vanu discovered" or "wormhole opens some crazy shit happens" but this seems cheesy. any ideas?

Last edited by diluted; 2002-12-22 at 09:53 PM.
Old 2002-12-22, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm sure we will see some interesting things.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-22, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
diluted
Major

doh why moved? this is just sort of peoples ideas on something not even considered by the dev team.
Old 2002-12-22, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
FireFrenzy
Sergeant Major

If they make an expansion, i'll personally kick Dave G in the nuts.

They really don't need to, agreeing partially with what you said, they probably won't have content worth an entire expansion pack. How bout a "shock, horror!" patch. I've noticed there's a thousand and one EQ patches, and if i see that same thing transposed to PS in anyway, I know I won't be buying it. Like I said, just give us a few big patches every now and then.
Old 2002-12-22, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
FireFrenzy
Sergeant Major

wtf, two posts before i can even finish typing it up
Old 2002-12-22, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
diluted
Major

i thought EQ had like 200 expansions heh. i see trillions of diff game boxes with the EQ name on it in stores.
Old 2002-12-22, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by diluted
doh why moved? this is just sort of peoples ideas on something not even considered by the dev team.
because its game related, how do you know they wont consider them

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-22, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TG_NightHawk
Corporal

There are a million different scenerios where they could take PS. I'm sure whichever way they go, it will be a thought out plan(if they already haven't).
Oh Frenzy....how will you know they won't til after you buy it? Trust me, they know what they want to do with this game & they won't be trying to leave us all hanging!!
Old 2002-12-22, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
�io
Lieutenant General

A freak planetcore meltdown has resulted in a huge explosion seperating the planet into different hunks of rock and now it's a MMO space flight combat thingy.
Old 2002-12-22, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Maybe just some new technology or underground facility is discovered and the dev departments of each empire turn it into new weapons, armor, or whatever as goes the story. Too many patches really would suck. Just like WINDOWS.

Last edited by CDaws; 2002-12-22 at 11:19 PM.
Old 2002-12-22, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Corbie
Private

im easy to please.. i dont need radical changes..

give me more weapons, more vehicles, and a couple different types of armor..and ill be happy as a pig in sh*t.

if they really wanted to blow my mind with an expansion..they could add a whole nother faction.
Old 2002-12-23, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ex70
Corporal

If alot of people play the game, they might have to add an expansion just for more fighting space. It could get clustered with too many people.

Plus another empire with different weapons would always be interesting to see.
Old 2002-12-23, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

If they make an expansion, i'll personally kick Dave G in the nuts.
Unless they plan on shutting the game down in a year or two, they'll need to release an expansion in order to add signficant changes to the game so that long-time players stay entertained. As much as you might want PS now, once you've had it for a year, you will start to desire some variety. And no, going to play a different game isn't exactly what a wise developer would recommend. Expansions offer big new changes (ie. new vehicles, new areas, new installations to fight for, and new items/weapons/armor to fight with) in one package, and they are what keep MMORPGs going. You can only fit so much into a patch, after all, before you get to a point where it's simply too big to have all your player base download for free.

I've noticed there's a thousand and one EQ patches, and if i see that same thing transposed to PS in anyway, I know I won't be buying it.
EQ has rather untalented developers and had a very complex and buggy piece of software. Most of the patches they've ever released are to fix bugs and imbalances with the game, rather than add new stuff. Asheron's Call, however, is probably more along the lines of what you're expecting. One patch every month, and usually a good patch which expands the game a little each time too. But, you WILL see fairly frequent patching, at the very least during the opening months of PS. As long as there's a publisher breathing down the developers' necks, there's a good chance the product will be pushed out the door before it's ready, and they'll need to finish the game with subsequent patches.
Old 2002-12-23, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

They'll need to make a spinoff of planetside. Planetside Beach Volleyball or something. Works for DOA3 We'll need to add hotter looking women to the empires though.
Old 2002-12-23, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sputty
Banned

They might add some more units or naval..but that might be done in the updates so it's hard to say. Mot of the time, if any MMO does well, they'll make a couple expansions. Look at Galaxies, they had an expansion ready before the game was released and that's SOE.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion