FPS Vet looking for an Outfit - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I cant even believe they rejected my first 5 quotes.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-08-06, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Boxer
Private

FPS Vet looking for an Outfit

Hey all I hope this is the right place.
I'm looking for an outfit, any faction, eastern or central timezone preferably(but i can do western).

I come from a pretty extensive background in FPS, accolades including 6 Seasons of CAL-I in CS 1.0-1.5,
ESEA coach, and 6th place at CPL for CS:S; and more upon request ranging different games and genres.

I've lead many clans and guilds in the past and I'm aware of what it
takes to build a good one and equally aware what to avoid.

I listen well and am a great team player, I followed PS1
when it came out but unfortunately never got around to
playing it due to other commitments at the time.

I'm just looking for a competitive high end outfit to call home,
I know PS2 is a new beast but my fundamentals and pedigree is there along with my willingness to learn.

Sincerely,
Boxer
Old 2012-08-07, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Grimhope
Private

Re: FPS Vet looking for an Outfit

Hey there boxer,

you will see around you many outfits with huge numbers, Sunder is not one of these, although size matters.. tactical cohesion & camaraderie wins all.
Sunder is formed initially of veteran military personel with a healthy dose of civilians like myself thrown in the fray.

if you are interested in a PS1 vet & frankly, mature lot of guys who definitely do take the bang and the boom seriously providing its not beer hat night then definitely visit sunderhq.com or check our thread out here at

Sunder thread

we utilize teamspeak3 and specific chain of command & structured use of comms over VoiP to achieve the win alongside this we have a number of options one can designate to, infantry, air and armour inside which we have particular roles for squad designations of which some have to be earned to become part of. Currently we are running solely as Air-cav and will expand into armour at a later date.

finally it is good for you to know we will be running as TR in PS2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qYRyHDKaUv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

have a good day chap, off to the office now!

Kind regards

Grimhope

Last edited by Grimhope; 2012-08-07 at 04:20 AM.
Old 2012-08-07, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I recommend checking out Outfit X. We are a Veteran Outfit that has been around for 9 years. We are currently looking for new recruits and tbh from your FPS experience you would be a welcomed addition. We specialize in Spec Op Warfare. So quick, fast and precise strikes. If your interested in learning some more about us check out the link below or shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you asap.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=42783

Thanks,
HMR85

Old 2012-08-07, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

A bit late to this party but the Archangels are also looking for members. We arn't a zerg outfit, we like to focus on having a solid group with a great community spirit and primarily being effective.. If you scale outfits up too much in Planetside and its almost impossible to keep them running as efficiently as a small well drilled group. We initially started out playing as a group during the beta of planetside 1 representing the Terran Republic and have been together ever since through a multitude of games.

You sound like you have a lot of experience with FPS games, so will fit in well with us. As i said previously we have many members who have been gaming competitively for many years. We've run our own servers for TF2, BF3, BF2142 and many other games. On the other side of the coin we also have massive amounts of experience with MMO's including EQ, SWG, WoW, LoTRO, WAR and of course Planetside.

If that sounds appealing then check out our forums and have a look at our youtube channel, if you like what you see then drop in an application and we can go from there.

Last edited by Snipefrag; 2012-08-07 at 06:27 AM.
Old 2012-08-07, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Wow, two to quality players in two days in the LFO section. It really is great to see such a high calibre of player coming into the community.

I'm part of a clan called Delta Triad. We are a 7 year old, multi-gaming FPS clan which formed in the original PlanetSide. We are a relatively (in Planetside terms) small; just under 50 members, highly competitive and 18 yrs+ clan which prioritizes quality over quantity. At the risk of upsetting some other clan leaders on here, we were widely regarded as the best (small) clan on the largest of the two US servers - winning the only Outfit Wars Tournament with a 100% win record and were one of the top Outfits in kills per player year on year, despite being an objective driven Outfit.

I'd love to tell you more but I'm a little pushed for time as I'm heading to the airport but if you're interested in the clan we were recently the featured in new Outfit Spotlight section on PSU. You can find the article here.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to PM me on here.

Last edited by Dart; 2012-08-07 at 01:40 PM.
Old 2012-08-07, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Boxer
Private

Thank you all for your quick replies and interest, I will do my research and see where I feel I fit best.

Cheers,
Boxer!
Old 2012-08-10, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
KILLFACE
Sergeant

G'day Boxer, I'm CO of a NC Air Cavalry Platoon (definition link) called the Jet Bastards that's about half Aussie and half American with a few token Europeans. If your interested in turning up in a area with a highly drilled and organized crew, jumping out of perfectly functional Jets, and storming and holding places most sane people wouldn't even comprehend attacking while your mates strafe the enemy you should file a recruitment form at :
jetbastards.enjin.com

Last edited by KILLFACE; 2012-08-10 at 07:22 PM.
Old 2012-08-10, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Hey Boxer,

Toxin Raiders is a organized VS outfit looking for recruits, so hopefully you haven't made your choice yet.We weren't around as a outfit for PS1 but myself and many of our members did play. We cater to competitive and casual players alike with our past in CAL, TWL and CPL.

Also we always have something going on in our teamspeak. (Toxin Raiders interview PS2 PurrfectStorm )
Old 2012-08-15, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Sent you a PM you might be interested in.
Watch as I play various FPS titles every night from 9-12 EST
Old 2012-08-15, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Boxer
Private

I am in fact still inquiring so thank you for your interests =)
Old 2012-09-02, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
DeltaWidow
Corporal

I may have a chance still!

Hey mate, I'm from BRTD (Better Red Than Dead), it's an old outfit formed back in '03 on Werner (EU) server. Atm we all play together on EU1 server but due to the large population of US players the outfit will have branches on both EU and US (West) servers. The outfit is heavily themed on Ground Warfare and will be split into 3 Divisions: Infantry, Armoured and a small Air Group. These will be broken down into squads each with their own leader.

Also for anyone interested, there are Officer positions up for grabs if you can prove yourself and gain the respect from fellow outfitters.
These positions vary from Recruitment and Training to leading Squads and Platoons
We are always looking for friendly and co-operative players - but those who can lead or teach and are willing to do so is a big bonus.

If you like the sound of us head to www.BRTD.net and check us out, send in an Application if you would like to join (Few spots left)
If we aren't to your taste good luck and cay around mate

Hope to hear from you
-DW
Old 2012-09-02, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If you like tanks, check us out.

Old 2012-09-04, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
FireWater
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Hey boxer you sound a lot like me! I played CAL I CS back in season 5 with clan TAF.

I am with the toxin raiders and we could definitely benefit from having you as a member. If you are interested please check out http://www.toxingamers.com

Thanks!

Engineer for NUC's Alpha Squad http://www.nucgaming.com
Old 2012-09-05, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Back off hes mine!
Watch as I play various FPS titles every night from 9-12 EST
Old 2012-09-09, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
I am in fact still inquiring so thank you for your interests =)
BWC might be for you!

Black Widow Company, a proud member of the ULTRA Alliance, is looking for players for Planetside 2. Our primary focus is air assault heavy infantry and air-mobile rapid response.

The fact that you you are a great team player means a lot to us, more so than individual player skill. You wouldn't believe the things that we've managed to do just because of good communication and teamwork.

If you you want to see it in action, here are a few links to some of our live streams:

[BWC]Expediter - http://www.twitch.tv/expediter
[BWC]Drenlo - http://www.twitch.tv/eugeetv

http://www.the-bwc.com
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit