Vanu Light Assault looking for squad AND outfit - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with no meat filling for vegetarians!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-07-19, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
getembees
Private

Vanu Light Assault looking for squad AND outfit

Hi all,

I'm a PS1 vet, big player of Battlefield Bad Company Series and more importantly BF3. Check me out on the BF3 Battlelog (name: Getembees).

The sheer size of PS2's y-axis will force outfits to be versed in vertical infantry combat. Any outfits interested in organizing coordinated jump-jet squads should let me know. I prefer players who can talk tactics, not just k/d ratios.

Assuming that an Outfit has about 100 players on at a time, I see a jump-jet squad for an outfit being about 20 or so light assaults aided by 5-10 players who can be HA/medic/engi as need arises. Obviously this number can fluctuate based on need.

The jump-jet squad is aggressive by nature. Whether defending a base or performing a siege, this squad is primarily trying to flank the enemy and draw enemy attention from the main flank. The squad will have its members use ATV's primarily to advance and retreat quickly. Heavies will be carted in buggies.

On offense this squad will be primarily used to jump onto walls/buildings and clear them of enemies, but most importantly snipers. After the walls are held the squad will jet around the wall to put fire on enemies from above. Players without a jetpack will set up a forward base near the wall, complete with spawn point and all appropriate engi equipment. Light Assaults can jump from the wall to the base for healing until medics can climb the stairs to get on top of a wall.

On defense the squad will have 2 main roles. #1 is to counter enemies trying to take the walls. Flank either over or around the wall to get another angle on the enemy. If walls are relatively secure then #2 is "blockade running". Light Assaults will be trying to get out of the base either in ATV's. Assuming that this is successful, the ATV's stay in a tight group and try to get behind the enemy and then turn and put pressure on them from the rear flank. When an enemy spawn is located outside the base, buggies with heavies then leave the gate and both ATV's and buggies try to hit the spawn at the same time from opposite angles.

Any jump-jet squad is going to have a difficult time keeping a high k/d ratio, so its not for those looking to get on the COD leaderboards. However, I think that with practice we can learn when to make tactical withdraws, heal up, and then get back into it. Having a good medic is key with this squad.

Any outfits looking to talk tactics? Let me know!

GetEmBees

Last edited by getembees; 2012-07-19 at 06:31 PM.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

Re: Vanu Light Assault looking for squad AND outfit

http://sents.enjin.com/primer
our new primer, very small, just basic strat to keep team together.

ps.warriornation.net
our original primer, WNx still exists in a big way too.
That's 50 pages of PS1 strat we're slowly updating for PS2.

take care.

kp

Last edited by KiddParK; 2012-07-20 at 01:27 PM.
Old 2012-07-20, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Emperor
Corporal

Hi GetEmBees,

The Darkside Empire is looking to organize our outfit into fireteams, squads assembled for autonomy and tactical flexibility. Something like a light assault group, or light assault soldiers attached to a well-rounded unit, who will act as forwards, fast responders, and roamers whose purpose isn't to get a high k/d but instead pick off important targets, harass the enemy while the main units mount their assault, and generally bring jumpjet hell down on enemies is something that we'd be looking to form.

Take a look at our site, www.darkside-empire.com. Good luck in your search; would love to talk tactics even if we're not in the same outfit. (It's all for VS anyway!)
Old 2012-07-20, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Source
Private

I added you on battlelog. All of us have and still play some type of Battlefield game. Our websites theme is even BF inspired.

Visit our site at http://jtfjaguar.com/ to keep informed with News and Events.

We use TeamSpeak 3 for Voice Communications at 96.8.119.139:9039

Add us on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JTFJaguar

We play a variety of game such as The Battlefield Series, Counter Strike, and ARMA II.

International but Mainly North American US East (EST GMT -5), 18+ No Drama

Old 2012-07-20, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Hey getembees, Toxin Raiders is a Airborne infantry outfit looking for more members.We are a organized outfit that likes to win but we will not sacrifice fun to do so. We are also squad based meaning each squad in the outfit will have a job to do so that we can achieve a overall goal. I would love to talk tactics and come up with some things so if you want hit one of the links in my signature and check out the Raiders.

Also a lot of information can be taken from our weekly podcast.
Old 2012-07-20, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
iburnmycd
Sergeant

Originally Posted by KiddParK View Post
http://sents.enjin.com/primer
our new primer, very small, just basic strat to keep team together.

ps.warriornation.net
our original primer, WNx still exists in a big way too.
That's 50 pages of PS1 strat we're slowly updating for PS2.

take care.

kp
Excellent reads, kp. This is why the Vanu is going to roll the TR and NC.

getembees, We can't wait to have you as a Vanu brother (whether it's through Toxin or some other outfit). Keep thinking strategy and any outfit will be lucky to have you.
Old 2012-07-21, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Akadios
Sergeant

The Vanu Rangers are looking for players that are highly organized and teamwork driven.

We are currently a medium outfit of about 75 active members. We plan to grow into a large outfit in Planetside 2 of approximately 200 active members.

If you are interested check out our recruitment thread here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=43049
Or visit our webpage directly here: www.vanurangers.com

Old 2012-07-22, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Pinkie Pie
Corporal

i'd recommend the ''Darkside Empire. i've played both with and against them, and they are really REALLY good.
http://www.darkside-empire.com/

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit