What do you think could ruin Planetside 2? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Like a jet engine duct taped to a moped.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-11-02, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Re: What do you think could ruin Planetside 2?

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Listening to the forums on balance. Weren't BFRs supported by most people pre-release?
And it would have been fine if they were implemented better?

I doubt people were specifically asking for pwnmobiles with the power to take on entire tank columns or whatever
Old 2011-11-02, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Metalsheep
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post
And it would have been fine if they were implemented better?

I doubt people were specifically asking for pwnmobiles with the power to take on entire tank columns or whatever
Well, being as large as they are, they needed SOME kind of edge. As soon as a BFR shows up on the field, its instantly in every ones crosshiers due to its size/glowy shield. Infantry roflstomp them with just one Jammer. Though they were OP on release, now i think they're too weak.
---

And i think only SoE themselves can ruin PS2 with lack of Marketing/Development/Poor Anti-hack or GMs.
Old 2011-11-02, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Xyntech
Brigadier General

As Higby (I think it was him) mentioned in an interview, at some point you can't please everyone and have to go with your own vision, but consider also that they are planning on having a 3 year plan. It will mostly be their own ideas I'm sure, but the priorities will be influenced by the community.

The community (in general) wanted BFR's, but it wasn't the community who designed them or balanced them or said they were ready to go live.

Running with every whim of the community is a bad idea, but the community can also be a valuable source of info and ideas. The devs just have to use their own best judgement to determine which ideas they think are bad or good.
Old 2011-11-02, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
CutterJohn
Colonel

Communities grossly over rate the quality of their ideas. Ideas are a dime a dozen. Everyone has them. The only decent ideas players generally contribute are in the ease of use category, since the developers have long since become accustomed to whatever crazy systems/menus are in place.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-11-02, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Poor marketing (People don't know about it)
Bad business model (people avoid it or it isn't profitable)
Hackers (obvious)
Poor performance (FPS have high expectations these days)
Poor post-launch patching and general release-followup (this was the nail in warhammer's coffin)
Bland gameplay (if its boring people will stop playing after a few months, also happened to warhammer due to broken end-game)

Of all of these so far the one that actually concerns me is bland gameplay.
Old 2011-11-02, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Traak
Colonel

So I take it you're hovering in the middle of the open in your plane while this is happening going "like OMG this is SO BS, that i cant shoot through walls right now, cover...wtf...ARG HE HIT ME AGAIN." really ...are we having this coversation, you got outplayed with one of the highest DPS and fastest flying weapons in any game, anywhere.

Your reward? You can bail. With a knife an no armor whatsoever.

Glad you can see the parallel.

Actually, to make it more even pilots should not be able to bail at all. THEN it would make it far less imbalanced. Pilots shouldn't be able to bail from their planes any more than MAX's should be able to "bail" from their armor. It's just armor, the wearer should be able to pop right out, loaded with weapons, after all, shouldn't he?

Last edited by Traak; 2011-11-02 at 11:45 PM.
Old 2011-11-03, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
TRex
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Listening to the forums on balance. Weren't BFRs supported by most people pre-release?
As I remember it most people wanted them to fix bugs and advertise and anything else in game at the time before bringing new stuff in , and even then only after giving them a decent playtest on the test server. The pre-bending thing was fun, but i think that was to distract us from fact we were losing Oshur and gaining a broken pos in bfr's.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion