head shots!!! - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: thank god for pizza delivery
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-12, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #196
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Very true Morphius! I have had this happen to me many times in America's Army (not sniping, just shooting) and that has far less people and I also have a cable modem. It is probably the most annoying thing ever so I agree that it shouldn't matter if it is a head shot or not.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-12, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #197
cujoman39
Sergeant

ya i supose that server issues are involved but doesn't that make headshots all the more precous?
Old 2002-12-12, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #198
Corbie
Private

One thing to remember is that in every FPS to date, the maps have been made for 60 players or so at the MOST. The maps in any given FPS is about 1/1000th the size of a continent in PS.

keeping that in mind.. consider that maps in an FPS are made from the ground up with certain things in mind. They make this building for snipers to sit in, these bushes for cover..this rubble for hiding behind..etc..etc..etc.. in PS..the terrain is randomly generated for much of it..and there are huge stretches of open ground. See, if you were a sniper with a basalisk..all you would have to do is find a group of enemies..and stay outside their range.. they cant find cover because they are in an open area.. and if you can find a good place to hide.. over a hill or behind a tree etc..etc..etc.. well..you can probably take out quite a few of them before they can do anything.

The point im trying to make is, in a regular FPS..people who arent snipers are provided with cover so that they can defend against sniper fire.. in an FPS of PS's scale..we wont have that luxury.. and thats why instant kill sniper rifles arent a good idea.
Old 2002-12-12, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #199
Coliostro
Sergeant

Originally posted by Corbie
The point im trying to make is, in a regular FPS..people who arent snipers are provided with cover so that they can defend against sniper fire.. in an FPS of PS's scale..we wont have that luxury.. and thats why instant kill sniper rifles arent a good idea. [/B]

He's got a point. Frankly though it doesn't really matter. This issue has been beaten to death over the past few days and it's really become rather boring. I've seen could opinions on both sides and at times people said some interesting things. However, the fact is, what we talk about really isn't going to change anything at this point so why worry about it. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Coliostro
Old 2002-12-13, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #200
cujoman39
Sergeant

why must you say this thread is to long or pointless the only thing you are doing is making it longer and bringing it up again , plus no one wants to read you saying uh this is pointless and it should end but i going to bring it up again

d'oh
i brought it up again
Old 2002-12-13, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #201
Kriege
Corporal

I dont think sniper will be much of a pain because as big as the map scale of this game is. Most people will be likely to use a vehicle to travel, which is hard for a sniper to kill unless he get one of those anti vehicle thing
Old 2002-12-13, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #202
�io
Lieutenant General

In hopes of not restarting this whole debate a 3rd time i'll be as brief as possible.

If you can't hide from snipers how can they hide from you? And if you're in the middle of a field in light or med armor with no vehicle then your death is your own fault.
Old 2002-12-13, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #203
cujoman39
Sergeant

congats!
we finally hit 200 post now thats rediculous and i started it
i want to thank all of the little people i stepped to get here and thanks to everyone who contributed!!!
Old 2002-12-13, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #204
�io
Lieutenant General

Thumbs up

You're very much welcome.
Old 2002-12-13, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #205
cujoman39
Sergeant

ya has anyone seen a longer thread.

mabey i should start a new thread about another contriversial subject.
Old 2002-12-13, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #206
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by cujoman39
ya has anyone seen a longer thread.
Here or anywhere? Here no, otherplaces yes.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2002-12-13, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #207
Hamma
PSU Admin

Enough with teh snipers already

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-13, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
�io
Lieutenant General

You know i've been thinking i think the sniper should be capable of killing a MAX with 1 bodyshot. Also he should be able to tank down any tanks with 2 shots max.

Old 2002-12-14, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #209
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Everyone's forgotten by now, but all of you are not cool (like Scott Titterman). Nigh the entire page before this one consists of saying, "warborn j00 sux0r j00 dont know what ur takking abut SNIPERZ RULE!" I'm sorry, but WTF? Aren't we the smart and teh filled boards? The point of a debate is to have two sides of the argument. If Warborn is one of the few people who agrees with me and actually posts on this sorry thread when I was away is great! You |33+ sniperz ganging up on him and telling him that's the way life is and assaulting him personally is not.

No, I'm not bringing up head shots again. I think we all agree that nothing we say or do will change the way this game is. To add to the hill of beans, none of us with the exception of Hamma and I have played the game. So let us not bicker about things we have not even experienced yet. Carry on.
Old 2002-12-14, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #210
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

I never said snipers rule and I never said they sucked and I never said Warborn sucked. All I said was, whatever the devs have for us, is good enough.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion