News: Incoming Special founders edition - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "fk help atatk me som zombies o pleze o kol??" - VS CR5 Global
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-05, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Saberr
Private

Re: Incoming Special founders edition

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
A fireworks gun, pullable from equipment terminals for 1 minute after a major base hack goes through.
That would be so cool, they should add it just for the lulz. But make it appear more rarely than after each major base cap, otherwise it will get to old to quickly.

Originally Posted by derito View Post
If you implement horns for vehicles (please do it) then give founders a unique one or -even better- faction specific propaganda coming out of a megaphone.
That gives me a great idea, something that should come with the stock game. A propaganda megaphone in each factions' sanctuary. Just like the megaphone in the USA base in Battlefield Vietnam, they can spout all kinds of funny propaganda about the other factions.

Last edited by Saberr; 2012-09-05 at 10:07 AM.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

Something that can be used on that account for ALL characters.

I would hate for one character to have the founder's pack editions and for all the other characters to be left out. Hope it's account based and not character based.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
TestyVenom
Private

Items I'd like to see available in every Founder's package (assuming there will be multiple tiers):
NOTE: I have marked each one with stars to show degree of importance (in my opinion). Three stars marks "highly important" and "must have" in the Founder's packages (each may be changed, but must be similar to what is stated). Two stars marks "interesting," "cool," and "acceptable;" I would be happy to have ones marked with two stars. One star marks ones that may be "controversial," "unimportant," and "not necessary," but do not exceed what is suggested in each of those.

1) ***One or two reserved character names. [reserved on all servers until player uses that name to create a character on any server]

2) ***All characters on the account with which the Founder's package is associated (always) start with (upon creation) an XP Booster (that is not automatically applied to the character upon creation, but is applied at the player's will).

3) ***Discounted/free one-month (minimum, may be tiered up in association with higher-valued Founder's packages) PlanetSide 2 "Membership" account status.

4) ***All Founder's packages come with a special re-skinned weapon (i.e. could be a re-skinned version of each default weapon for all classes) for all characters created on that account (forever) that is relevant to the Empire to which the characters belong.

5) ***PlanetSide [1] Veterans who purchase any Founder's package receive something special in-game for every character they make on the associated account. This could be a title and/or medal, or free Empire-themed vehicle customizations that are applicable to every vehicle that is in the game on release and any that are added to the game in the future. I just feel that the people who played PS[1] played a big role in the fact that there is a PS2 now and should be rewarded with something special (other than the early beta access) and something that will set them apart in the game without providing a gameplay advantage.

6) ***All accounts that have purchased a Founder's package gain instant access to beta (assuming packages are available before beta ends). I think Smedley said this would be the case for people who purchase a Founder's package, but I am not sure; do not quote me on this.

7) ***Special title/medal for all characters created on the associated account. This is separate from the PS[1] Veterans suggestion I have already made.

8) **Name (real name and/or character name of choice) in credits as a "Special Thanks" or "Founders Recognition." [Mechwarrior Online did something like this for the players who purchased their "Legendary Founder's" package, but I would like to see this for all tiers in PS2 if multiple options are available]

9) *All characters on the account with which the Founder's package is associated (always) start with 100 more Auraxium than the default amount.

10) *All characters on the account with which the Founder's package is associated (always) start with (upon creation) a resource Booster (that is not automatically applied to the character upon creation) that is either an Auraxium income Booster or a general resource income Booster.

11) *All characters created on an account that has purchased a Founder's package start with 5 additional Certification points. This is currently only enough to purchase one attachment for a weapon in an infantry class, so I don't consider this a "pay-to-win" action. It is also fairly easy to earn those 5 points quickly.

Some other ideas that other people have suggested which I like:
Originally Posted by Ipimpnoobs View Post
2. Every helmet on all armor sets have a significant feature, showing everyone they were there from the beginning. Can be toggled off.
5. Founders have an emote that affects all players around them.
7. Your forum name and picture get a founders icon, showing ur leet status in-game and out. It also displays a special icon in chat when u type.
8. All founders get a -5 second spawn to any one vehicle permanently
9. For each player a founder brings to the game and they buy premium, the founder is credited with one free premium month. Everyone else gets a discount.
I like #2, and it is similar to some things I suggested.

I think #5 would be really cool, but I would prefer it to be some kind of cheer, rallying call, or something of that sort. It doesn't have to be an animation, but even an audible chant/roar/cheer/shout that comes from all the players (specifically originates from each individual character) of the character's Empire within a specific radius (a rather large radius) would be nice to have. A cooldown of about 10-25 minutes for this would be nice because we don't want every player spamming it all the time (this is the only potential problem I see with this feature).

With #7, a simple status of "Founder" associated with the forum account would suffice, but something along these lines would be acceptable, but not important.

In regards to #8, it would be nice to be able to pick a specific vehicle for this to apply to (on each character a Founder makes). It's not a significant difference, but it shouldn't be, as that would be a "pay-to-win" feature. Five seconds is a reasonable deduction.

I really like #9. Any Founder who refers a player and that player purchases a month (or more) of premium PlanetSide 2 Membership for their account should receive at least a 40% discount on the next month of PlanetSide 2 Membership that they purchase. This discount should not expire until used by the account.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
LexDecon
Corporal

As a PS1 Vet, and having played a variety of games and founded a variety of games. I.E. bought the founders pack something that has always irritated me about them is the following.

1. Re-colored standard items. If I want something to look different I'll buy that one item. I don't like "gold, silver, purple green blue, pumpkin, standard Items just to designate I'm purchased a founder package. Its still just a plain old standard item. Just colored differently.

2. "Vanity" Items. They are pointless as far as usability. Sure a Hulu girl would ROCK on my dash of a sunderer or GAL. But its pointless and more then likely going to get my sunderer/GAL blow up faster then it already does because I'm going to be paying more attention to the Hulu girl then driving/flying it. Not to mention could effect FPS.

3. Special Forum Sections. Alot of times they just aren't used, and when they are, they are full of stuff that doesn't really benefit game play.

These are my three biggest blahs.

For a Founders Pack, I'd like to see the following.

1. Customization ability. I'd love to be able to have some nonstandard Customization to vehicles, like in a previous post, a skin that is battle damaged, battle damaged armor, decals, camouflage patterns, anything that allows a little bit of a difference but doesn't make me stand out so far as some one will immediately target because I've got "Uber" stuff because I bought a founders pack. Not so much Vanity, But visual difference. No Sniper Checks please.

2. Leadership Certs. One thing I would Straight up pay for is having Leadership Certs. As an outfit leader, often leading a squad or more, having those type of Certs are a huge bonus. I'm more then willing to earn them, But having some sort of Leadership Perk or Cert in a Founders Pack would be an awesome incentive at least in my eyes. Even if its the ability to Cert one Leadership Cert Completely full.

3. One Time XP Boost Usage Item. Just like the Heal Grenades that are in game currently I would love to see a One time XP Boost or Auraxium Boost Grenade that you can toss near your squad so that they all benefit from it.

4. A Outfit Beacon, This Outfit beacon would have a once per day, use, allowing you the Founder/Outfit Leader to pick a location on the map, and drop your whole squad into that area. You don't have to be on the ground and place it, Basically its a Outfit only, Pick and drop on the map. In order to be usable You'd have to have a squad, if you do not have a squad it will not function.

5. Station Cash. self explanatory.

6. Laser Designator. I will give my left arm for a Laser Designator that is visible to Aircraft to do close air support/bombing runs with a ground spotter.

7. Field Command Options. In WWIIOnline they had a High Command, which helped drive the battle lines, helped give purpose and direction to the "Zerg", It was a submit an application and had to prove you where capable and go through a training program before you even where allotted field command.

Something I would love to see in PS2 is along this line. a High Command Function. By placing this in the Founder Pack, you'll reduce some of the issues of "just being high command because I killed a lot of people." When you purchase the Founders pack you receive a "Commission" this Commission opens up Certs to become a Field Leader, basically you have the ability through Forum and in game activities to help drive the conflict and shape the battlefield for your faction. It may not be the best idea to have it a buy item, but more of a submit an application type thing. But I do feel PS2 needs something along these lines.

8. Chem Lights. Right now your going but seriously think about it. Its unique slightly different. Can be useful but not something that would break the game. Having a Chemlight that you can use every so often, toss in a room, or even carry at night would be pretty cool. and Useful in a variety of ways.

9. GPS. We have a form of a Compass on top of the mini map if your on foot, (hoping they apply it to aircraft and vehicles as well) but what would be great is a Grid System, and if you purchase a Founders Pack you get a GPS that auto populates your current location and when you go into Map view it allows you to point and click grid locations.

10. Planetside 2 Challenge Coin. Military tradition, Units have always had them. I think if Planetside 2/SOE had a Challenge Coin, you'd see a trend of potentially outfits start having Challenge coins. To take it one step further having the ability to issue a "challenge coin" virtually from outfit to outfit would be awesome. I could see an Outfit leader giving an exceptional member a virtual challenge coin, or even giving one across faction lines for an exceptional outfit that did an outstanding defense/offense, showed excellent fighting spirit etc. Not so much an individual thing, but if you buy the Founder pack you receive a "Founder Challenge Coin" and the outfit challenge coin option.

This is all I can think of at the moment. If I think of anything else I'll add it to the list. Again this is just ideas I'd like to see in a founders pack/generally. My opinion and mine alone, I don't speak for any one else.

Thanks!

Last edited by LexDecon; 2012-09-05 at 09:51 AM.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

How about patches indicating which server you played on (player select-able) in PS1. For example a "Campaign" Patch for Emerald ect......

How about the ability to hear the original Planetside music in game...

Last edited by PurpleOtter; 2012-09-05 at 10:02 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-05, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

How about a special "Auraxian" Edition of Planetside 2 complete with a copy of the art book and a 12" max suit figure of your faction choice?

How much would you pay for that? I'm not saying that we are doing anything like that at all. I'm asking for my own personal knowledge.

Smed is going to shank me in the hallway later for this
Old 2012-09-05, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
SeanNewBoy
Corporal

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
How about a special "Auraxian" Edition of Planetside 2 complete with a copy of the art book and a 12" max suit figure of your faction choice?

How much would you pay for that? I'm not saying that we are doing anything like that at all. I'm asking for my own personal knowledge.

**insert futurama take my money meme**
Old 2012-09-05, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Hamma
PSU Admin

I would totally pay for that T-Ray.. though I don't know how much... I'm not good at putting a dollar value on things.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-09-05, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Hosp
First Sergeant

If you follow Skyrim(I think) & GW2:

Your Standard edition would go 60
Special Edition 80 (Which just includes some in game stuff and maybe some art and/or CD extra)
Leet uber collector's Edition 120. (Includes the above + a couple other things + figurine)
Old 2012-09-05, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
J Baley
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

I would absolutely love to buy the art book and 12" Max figure (TR of course). $50-60 price range. I have no idea what profit you'd make from that but it wouldn't break my bank account too badly.
Old 2012-09-05, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
LexDecon
Corporal

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post

You make it a three way diorama between a Infiltrator, a Heavy Assault and a Max. Each a different Faction. and I'll easily fork out 150.00 Dollars No questions asked.

Last edited by LexDecon; 2012-09-05 at 11:40 AM.
Old 2012-09-05, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Nathaniak
Corporal

Originally Posted by PurpleOtter View Post
How about patches indicating which server you played on (player select-able) in PS1. For example a "Campaign" Patch for Emerald ect......
In a similar vein, I'd like a unique 'beta patch on the arm' skin on for all classes. Maybe the '2 on a planet'' from the Planetside " logo, with the 2 replaced by a beta sign (β) for beta testers. A different sign for non-beta testers, of course.
Old 2012-09-05, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
SGswift
Private

1.) For training purposes, the ability to shoot squad members with out getting grief.

2.) Esports arena mode 5v5 and 12v12 with ladder system (and rewards of some sort for winners), players from other Empires who spectate can bet there Aruaxium points on the squad there choosing.

3.) The ability to upload your clans/outfits logo to your armor.

Edit: Opps, I thought he was looking for general game play ideas

Last edited by SGswift; 2012-09-05 at 12:01 PM.
Old 2012-09-05, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

• ALL of the in-game rewards that are in the Facebook recruiting app.
  • 100-200 free certification points. Enough for you to spend points and get some specialization from the get-go.
  • Station Cash for the store.
  • Other visual goodies.
Old 2012-09-05, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Planetside2 may be the first game I actually fork over the cash for the Founders/Premium Collectors edition.

Now if you were to start selling the faction dog tags with your 'toon's name, rank and serial number on it......and start selling actual patches/military style ribbons that can be displayed (nice shadow box on the wall anyone!)....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion